Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I'll leave my 'miserable attempt' here for you to consider. I describe it so because at least once a day, somebody points and utters "look at that Ferrari", :wallbash:.

post-15502-0-28865600-1440416544.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was on a P prefix original reg until the previous (short term) owner got hold of it. It's cool for a V8 - LOT V8 - but I am very wary of misrepresented number plates, having done some contract IT work for a police force and seeing how often the subject comes up on their intranets. I don't need them to have an excuse to pull me over!

post-18669-0-47084400-1441746034.jpg

So now it has legal plates, but I think that it still works. L(otus) 3(sprit) T(urbo) VB(8)?

post-18669-0-04396300-1441746082.jpg

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

My contribution. Just need to space the numbers a bit.

post-225-0-47368300-1441748182.jpg

And this one was for sale with my Elan when I bought the car, but I didn't want another number plate. I think it's still for sale.

post-225-0-45614600-1441748375.jpg

Elan now on this number

post-225-0-61788300-1441750748.jpg

I did offer a substantial number of £K for LOT1S but he wanted considerably more.  Around £15K if anybody interested, and no I'm not on commission!  My offer is still on the table if it doesn't sell, but I doubt I'll ever hear from him as it will go eventually.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

And this one was for sale with my Elan when I bought the car, but I didn't want another number plate. I think it's still for sale.

attachicon.gifNDS4620168_LOT1S_7.jpg

This plate is still around. Was offered this yesterday. Didn't ask the price as I was not interested.

Here's one for sale on DVLA for an Elan Nut £599

Sorry not an Elan but it is a Yellow Lotus.

post-225-0-98524700-1441828142.jpg

That explains it.

When the car was first advertised on here by a new member LOTIS, the number was being sold with the Elan. I wasn't sure how much they were looking for for both but when I went to see the car I was told that they were being sold separately, which I was pleased about as I don't need another number plate. As Al. has said they are looking for £15k for the number which I think is a bit rich, but I am sure it will appeal to someone at that price.

Personally think you've got to be a bit dumb to pay anything at all for LOT1S on a LOTUS. Saw a guy with PAJ1S on a Porsche at the weekend (hello Paul!) with dark tape turning the J illegally into a U, presumably to make it PAULS. But to me it will always look like PAJIS, or PAUIS at best - and LOT1S will always be a dumb misspelling.

Perhaps I'm being harsh!

I think you are being a tad harsh :). I agree for personalised plates that attempt to spell a name (and usually fail) but if you can find one within the confines of the DVLA rules (you know what i mean) then on the right car make or model it can be quite eye catching. I'm very happy with my Lotus Exige with the registration L70TUS

I think being very harsh.  Well I would wouldn't I having offered more than I considered sensible for it!   :harhar:  :help:

However without having to spread the reg out, misrepresent it in any way, or put in black bolts or conversely yellow or white bolts strategically it says Lotus out loud so to speak.  I am also sure a great many punters wouldn't even clock it was wrongly spelt if half my staff's spelling is anything to go with!!  :no  :hrhr:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Personally think you've got to be a bit dumb to pay anything at all for LOT1S on a LOTUS. Saw a guy with PAJ1S on a Porsche at the weekend (hello Paul!) with dark tape turning the J illegally into a U, presumably to make it PAULS. But to me it will always look like PAJIS, or PAUIS at best - and LOT1S will always be a dumb misspelling.

Perhaps I'm being harsh!

Well, Paul would better not travel to the sunny Spain in that car. That sounds quite close to wank/wanker in Spanish...

• Like 1