Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So much more than the 2 for £2 deal - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So much more than the 2 for £2 deal

snoboardr

Sheesh, my impulsive nature usually only gets me into trouble at convenience stores. Now I've gone and done something more dramatic than buying an extra Diet Coke on a whim just because there was a 2 for £2 deal on it.

Forgive me Father, for I have signed. Yes, I bought a Lotus Evora S - and on a Sunday too.

So, ya know, I thought I'd join The Lotus Forums and today I've decided to raise my head above the parapet and say hello. Hello.

My history with Lotus dates back to 1999 or so when my company helped Lotus HQ in Norfolk decide what on earth it should do about the internet. We helped Lotus define its early internet strategy and found a wonderful partner for Lotus to make it all happen. <wipes a tear from his eye>

But I never owned a Lotus. And when my 20 year old Toyota Hilux died last week, I decided I should get a little run-around. My best mate practically convinced me to get a Vauxhall Corsa. In fact when I emailed Brandon at Murray Lotus in Edinburgh I confessed it was down to a Corsa or, the option I'd considered for the first time in my life only 5 minutes earlier, a Lotus Elise or Exige.

He was kind enough to humour me and booked me in for a test drive the next morning. Wasn't a huge fan of the Elise to be honest. <blush> Sorry. But the Evora on the other hand. Well! I'd never even heard of it. After a couple of hours chatting to the lovely Brandon I had to go away and think about it. That evening I booked a test drive of the Evora for Sunday afternoon. Got back, pulled up, "Right, Brandon, sold then."

Signed, sealed and being delivered when I get back from a trip to Canadia early April.

Holy moly. Wish me luck! ;)

post-17061-0-95621700-1394737743.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooow!!!

I WANT ONE

Welcome to the best forum on the planet Jason.

Simon

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Great car and well known to us on the LEGS (Scottish) section Brandon told me yesterday it was sold when I was in for a chat. Good to see you post up so Brandon is our best recruiter still! Go over there and say hello in the regional section. I'll ask Brian my regional co organiser to add you to our PM list so you will get informed about everything happening in our part of the world and there is also a regional Lotus calendar. Next meet is monthly Breakfast Club at Incyra Grange in Grangemouth on 6th April. Hopefully see you out at something.

Al.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Well done and congrats. I was stood by it last week chatting to Brandon, again, convinced it was just for show and would never sell. The guy could sell fridges to Eskimos. What a star. Both of you.

Btw, apologies for all the finger prints....

• Like 1

Evening chaps. Thanks muchly for the warm welcome! :)

Great car and well known to us on the LEGS (Scottish) section Brandon told me yesterday it was sold when I was in for a chat. Good to see you post up so Brandon is our best recruiter still! Go over there and say hello in the regional section. I'll ask Brian my regional co organiser to add you to our PM list so you will get informed about everything happening in our part of the world and there is also a regional Lotus calendar. Next meet is monthly Breakfast Club at Incyra Grange in Grangemouth on 6th April. Hopefully see you out at something.

Well to be fair the student chap there was the one who took me out in the Elise and then introduced me to the Evora - Brandon was running late. But once he showed up we had a good chat. He's a very "unpushy" sales dude, and took my "Yeah, no, the Elise is out of the picture so you may as well stop talking about it" comment in the relatively light-hearted but serious manner in which it was made. He didn't push me down the line of either Evora particularly and I'm not sure if he thought he'd ever hear back from me when we parted company around 4pm on the Saturday. But by 7pm my email was sent ;)

He REALLY didn't have to do much on the Sunday to convince me: I have a *very* well developed Justification Hemisphere that can argue against my rational side and win the case for almost anything bonkers at all within 3 seconds ;)

Not sure if I can make the 6th yet, but if I can then I'll be there.

I must warn you I'm very definitely not a "car nut" or into cars in any way, shape or form. I've been riding bikes for 12 years or so and ride a R1 these days but, similarly, have also only ever seen myself as a "motorcyclist" rather than a "biker". But it's always good to meet new people I guess <looks sheepish>

Well done and congrats. I was stood by it last week chatting to Brandon, again, convinced it was just for show and would never sell. The guy could sell fridges to Eskimos. What a star. Both of you.

Erm, well now I just feel a tit - was it overpriced, a hideous colour, a totally dumb decision? He really honestly didn't need to switch on any ice-sales tactics.

In fact, there was a red one there with a black roof, looked very sexy. But it was mainly my "gut" and all my close friends on Facetube that convinced me to head towards the matt black instead. The red had a feel of needing to prove something and the general impression from friends was it would make me look like "an attention-seeking dick" (apologies to anyone with a bright red Evora!) whereas the matt black is understated and doesn't try to EXCLAIM the awesomeness of the vehicle.

But I'm intrigued as to why you thought nobody would buy it and it was just for show?! <mild panic> WHAT HAVE I DONE. Argh.

;)

• Gold FFM

Quality! :D that's some change Jason - a Hillux to an Evora. I'm only jellous lol. Looks a beaut! Welcome.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Oh, having noticed those little bits on the left-hand side and read what cars people have, I feel the need to say I LOVED THE RED ONE. It was gorgeous. It was my friends who thought it a bit much. I'm sure they're all wrong. <innocent face>

Quality! :D that's some change Jason - a Hillux to an Evora. I'm only jellous lol. Looks a beaut! Welcome.

Aye, am gonna miss Mr Miyagi. We were in a deep and lovely relationship for 3.5 years. Now he's apparently off to be exported to the Middle East or somewhere else where MOT's don't exist and there aren't any roadworthy safety checks. Probably see him on Channel 4 news loaded up Taliban and rifles before long.

Where are you in Fife Jason? I might see you around, which will be weird, I feel as if I've had the sole rights to Evoraness round these parts since buying mine.........

Oh dear, are we going to have to start weeing along the A92 to mark out respective territories ;)

Oh, having noticed those little bits on the left-hand side and read what cars people have, I feel the need to say I LOVED THE RED ONE. It was gorgeous. It was my friends who thought it a bit much. I'm sure they're all wrong. <innocent face>

Aye, am gonna miss Mr Miyagi. We were in a deep and lovely relationship for 3.5 years. Now he's apparently off to be exported to the Middle East or somewhere else where MOT's don't exist and there aren't any roadworthy safety checks. Probably see him on Channel 4 news loaded up Taliban and rifles before long.

No offence taken!   :censored:  :hrhr: I'm glad that the red one isn't sold yet as it will make for too many red SR's on the roads!  I had other colours first but have always liked red cars and if we were all the same it would be bland boring silver (& it's many grey shades!) for everyone it seems.  Whoops sorry Colin!  :D Now I've done it.   :whistle:

The matt stealth look is awesome colour (& unique of course) but my missus hates it and we all know what that means  :cry:

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

:D The bald spot is where the thumb fits........

I had other colours first but have always liked red cars and if we were all the same it would be bland boring silver (& it's many grey shades!) for everyone it seems.

The only other V6 thing I've had was a far less sexy far less powerful car - a Mazda MX-3 - many moons ago, back in 1998 or so. It was red. And my R1 is red. But the red Evora *is* massively in-ya-face innit. I'm very shy and quiet. <flutters eyelashes>

but my missus hates it and we all know what that means  :cry:

Yeah, in my world it'd mean she needs to buy her own :D

:D The bald spot is where the thumb fits........

Is your missus that woman in the LEGS logo on your profile? She looks like she means business.

In order:

RX3. Haven't heard of them for a long , long time.  I remember early ones racing at Ingliston! 

Sadly not in my world.......... :vava:

I wish! We did suggest that one of the WAGS in LEGS pose for us to do our own version but none wanted to upstage a classic. :shock:   Or something like that.   ;)   :sofa: (Geek moment - That is actually from a poster for James Bond's "For Your Eye's Only")

That is actually from a poster for James Bond's "For Your Eye's Only"

Oh! That was my first ever Bond experience, and still my favourite, probably. I credit it with instilling from a young age a desperate need to learn to fly helicopters. As yet I've never hooked a dude in a wheelchair on one of my skids though ;)

Don't read anything into my earlier post Jason - it was very much tongue in cheek. Believe me I am a fan of black cars - I have 3 and even my daughter went for a black Corsa. I struggle to keep them clean and can't imagine what matt black would be like to buff up. Or not.. Being stealth black you'll probably keep losing it   ;) 

Where in Fife are you? I am down by the beach in Dalgety Bay but the Esprit is stuck in the garage at the moment waiting for new oil coolers and pipework.... :( 

Don't read anything into my earlier post Jason - it was very much tongue in cheek. Believe me I am a fan of black cars - I have 3 and even my daughter went for a black Corsa. I struggle to keep them clean and can't imagine what matt black would be like to buff up. Or not.. Being stealth black you'll probably keep losing it   ;) 

Where in Fife are you? I am down by the beach in Dalgety Bay but the Esprit is stuck in the garage at the moment waiting for new oil coolers and pipework.... :( 

Hah, that's ok then! Phew ;)

I don't have a great reputation for keeping vehicles clean. There wasn't a hope in hell that I'd be spending hours polishing a shiny red and black Evora so that helped me make the decision to go for the matt black one too! In fact, I've just been charged £30 by Hertz for taking a hire car back to them with "Extra Cleaning Required". :shock:

I live in the Middle East (of Fife) that is, in a very rural area so the normal route to my house takes me through a country road that's frequented by cows and sheep, and all their various waste. It's virtually impossible to exit into humanity without getting sprayed in cow piss and sheep shit.

Maybe I should carry a heavy duty box of baby wipes on the back """seats""".

I live in the Middle East (of Fife) that is, in a very rural area so the normal route to my house takes me through a country road that's frequented by cows and sheep, and all their various waste. It's virtually impossible to exit into humanity without getting sprayed in cow piss and sheep shit.

Paints a lovely picture!  

I'm told that the matt colours are actually easy to clean as long as not grease or similar on them and that they don't look that dirty even when dirty.  I am certainly no polisher or detailer as Craig will attest to. :sofa:  Isn't that why you should get an annual service or have the things break down?

What type of choppers do you fly?  Only general interest really as I have to sit strapped to the damn things all over the world so have a bit more than a passing interest in them.  Is it purely pleasure or also commercial charter stuff?

• Like 1

Paints a lovely picture!  

I'm told that the matt colours are actually easy to clean as long as not grease or similar on them and that they don't look that dirty even when dirty.  I am certainly no polisher or detailer as Craig will attest to.

Aye, paints anything a lovely shade of browny green ;)

It'll certainly be a different experience to my old vehicle, Mr Miyagi the Hilux. I gave up trying to keep him even remotely clean, but I'll be making the effort with the Evora. I just don't think I've ever polished a car in my life. Maybe my MX-3 years ago but then I was too poor to pay someone else to look after it for me :w00t:

This is why I don't have kids or even a dog - I'm just not a responsible enough adult to care for things. I even kill houseplants just by looking at them.

What type of choppers do you fly?  Only general interest really as I have to sit strapped to the damn things all over the world so have a bit more than a passing interest in them.  Is it purely pleasure or also commercial charter stuff?

Oh just little ones for pleasure only. Ones that don't have "Hover Assist" buttons or drinks trolleys offering refreshments. R22s and R44s, depending on how many willing victims I can find on the day.

I've a pal who writes a pretty active 'natural Scotland' type blog thing so have been taking him up a lot lately to give him a new view: http://benvironment.org.uk/post/78665495540/scotland-from-the-air-drumochter-loch-rannoch