Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Ebay-bot] 1983 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO 2.2 S3 BARN FIND SPARES OR REPAIRS? - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] 1983 LOTUS ESPRIT TURBO 2.2 S3 BARN FIND SPARES OR REPAIRS?

ebay

Interesting one.

1 missing alloy and some kind of suspension repair ? chassis though?

Something about it looks odd though. Can anyone help me? Should the 'ears' of an 1983 S3 be like that?

Someone put the dash back in but why would the dash be out in the first place?

Could be a bargin though. I'm watchin'it!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

My gut tells me beware bent chassis dundee is a long way for me but i would go see first also the chap has bought it to use found bent chassis and moving it on plus it is listed with the spares or repair cop out.

andy b

Would make sense. 

I would guess that any impact that (presumably) destroys an alloy would knacker the chassis too.

Has no one else noticed the nearside has been painted? To me it looks slightly different in the depth of the reflection..ie better as if newer paint.. Combined with the missing mirror mentioned above it also looks (although it could just be the photo) that there are no mounting holes for the mirror or wiring to go through in the door. Also all the decals are missing along that side and the top edge of the sill moulding where it meets the door appears to be not the body colour ir whiteish..although that could be a trick of the light (even though that side of the car is in shade). And the front number plate is missing.all things point to side repair...

Oh and the black triangle sticker that covers the base of the a-post is missing. I would bet money its been repaired. And at a current 6900 its overpriced already. Looks like there will be another overpriced project up for sale later in the year with someone trying to recover having paid out too much for a full restoration project and now realising the depth of work required..

With no v5 it needs investigating first. Also if you look at the seller's feedback all he sells are cars. Obviously he buys and sells them on and as hes not saying hes a trader, the add leads you to think its private..

That is some price! Thought it was OK at £3k but what with all that has been spotted, even that might have been steep.

Also, a corner repair that ? required dash removal clearly went back as far as the A pillar. That would not have been cheap so why not source the wheel, decals etc. Someone either doesnt know or care.

Move along. Move along. Nothing to see here...

Just a shame someone will be sorely disappointed and its another bad name for the esprit. A repair done well shouldnt be an issue, but its obviously unfinished and that points to corners being cut and not being good news. Shame.

one big issue with eBay sales is that you can get your mates to bid up for you, so it may be that some unsuspecting prospective buyer is being lured into a higher price.

:)

It's getting there......

Well if you look the buyer has chosen to hide the bidders in his bidding history. This is an option when you advertise on there. I dont see that this is a good thing as this is keeping anyone interested in seeing who has continued to bid on it. Its a disguise technique used in the above mentioned action of upping the bids.

interestingly, ive heard back from the seller who has avoided answering my question of whether hes a private or trade seller. He says he just heard it was for sale so bought it. He also states, after I asked about evidence of body repair and chassis damage and his description, "its how he sees it" and that there may be chassis damage..

And have you noticed all the bids have gone up in nice round even amounts. ..which doesnt happen of fleebay with genuine bids. Everyone adds a 99p on the end or a 32.98 or something...

Well no ones bid on it for 7 days now.. and it reached 7100 at just gone 1 am last week... its definitely been false bidded on to raise the price.. itll be for sale again soon.

• 2 months later...

I know someone who knows the original seller - apparently the seller wasn't paid for the original sale but the car now appears to have been moved from Dundee up here in Scotland to Warrington down South. I was also told that the chassis is indeed twisted after a front end bump/smash - no doubt someone could fix with right skills but it appears to be too big a job for the current seller. Ad content and photos as you say are from original ad.

Thats exactly wat I think..it was well over priced and they were not very helpful with the direct questions I asked...and he was a trader and was trying to pretend he was private..

No Buddsy ha ha...it appears there was a deal done with the guy that originally uncovered it and the guy that put it up for sale - from what I heard the guy that discovered the car never got paid but the car was then sold down South. Goodness knows what the story is now.......? Needs carefully checked out by any potential buyer I recognise that much anyway......

Its a scam. THe "woman" selling claims to be in Peterhead. She refuses to allow any viewing of the car and avoids answering any specific questions about it and anything relating to its previous "sale". Further more Ive asked for a contact number and this has been ignored. Also they want payment in FULL and then claim that the car and paperwork will be shipped to you with the v5 in your name..its a load of bollox...

Jeez oh Darren that's interesting! I was assured it was a genuine sale when it was in Dundee but no idea what happened after that. Steer well clear I guess is the answer!