Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2014 Concours - National Lotus Meet @ MBW - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 Concours - National Lotus Meet @ MBW

We intend to hold a concours competition open to all Lotus cars. There will be a separate parking area close to the main building for the competition.

Hopefully 25 cars will take part out of the 150 coming with prizes for various categories including 'Best in show', 'Best pre 1974', 'Best 1974 to 1996' and 'Best 1996 onwards'.

The word 'Best' does not mean that you have to be able to eat your dinner off any part of the engine. Judging will consider a range of factors including

Originality
How often it is used/mileage
Interest (first/last/ownership/etc)
Modifications (power/safety/tasteful/etc)

Please let me know (here or via PM) if you would like to enter your Lotus and a very brief comment on why you think it might be interesting.

Judging will take place in the morning and then the cars will be invited to take part in few a parade laps at lunchtime followed by prize giving.

If you've booked a slot for a photo with Concorde that should not be a problem.

Even if you've never done this before please do consider entering your car - you don't have to use a toothbrush to clean your exhaust to enter.

We could also do with a couple of volunteers to help out with the concours if you fancy it.

Bazza

Edit from Bibs:

FYI all concours cars will need to be in place by 10am. All drivers will need to be in their cars at 1pm to drive out onto the MBW test track for a few nice laps behind a pace car. Awards ceremony will be at 2pm in the concours area, there will be nice trophies.

There will be a safety briefing at 12:15 for all drivers and passengers taking part in the concours display in front of the cafe at MBW. Please ensure all entrants have printed, read and signed the attached disclaimer which will be exchanged for a wristband.

20.04.14 Lotus Parade Disclaimer.pdf

Can all concours entrants also print this and hand to Guy Munday at the earliest possible opportunity on the day.

Concours Entrant Information.doc

Hi i dont mind volunterring to help Bazza

I have a very nice elan m100 n/a with tastefull mods and very clean engine bay lol not sure id wanna eat my dinner off it though millers has a funny taste.

of course someone else could judge this for thereselfs

Paul

If all goes according to plan I'll be bringing the Esprit so happy to enter it into the concours, never done it before so keen to give it a go. Hopefully Barrie's Essex will be excluded on the grounds of winning too many trophies already! Barrie's Compomotive wheels could win a concours on their own!

;) 

Not sure what you're looking for, but if you are short I will happily drive round in my Roadster; may be of interest - they are still reasonably rare.

Happy to give it a go as another 1st in life although having driven down the 450 miles or whatever it will be far from concours! (As if it ever was - I'll say t before the rest of LEGS do!) I'm sure I'll find some water to fill the wash bucket at the hotel to remove the flies.

Bibs, 14:00 is start of the Concord shoot and I'm 3rd up or something so if a conflict I'll back out of this.

Barrie I'll PM you the rest of the stuff requested.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Count me in for this - not sure there's anything particularly remarkable about my car but it will probably be nicely polished ;)

1. Paul69 - Elan M100 NA

2. The Pits - Turbo Esprit

3. Njy - Exige S Roadster

4. Leigh Greenham - Essex Elite

5. Trevor B - Elan M100 SE turbo

6. Al. - Evora SRalike

7. TomE - Evora S (MY11 Laser Blue)

Yup. 

I'll be sending a PM to all attendees this week making sure they're all coming. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few drop out so add your name to the Concours list now :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Happy to add my name to the list - particularly if there may be  a need to make up the numbers.

never done a concours before.

Deep Purple GT3 fairly rare......and I only live around the corner

Ian p

Edited by steamdriven

(The one and only....'Deep Purple' Esprit GT3)

I would be happy to enter my (unmodified) Esprit V8; its only claim to fame is that it is no 6 of the 'final 15' batch made in 2003. I do 3k+ miles a year in it so the condition is very good rather than concours.....I won't be eating anything off the engine! 

A slight complication is that I appear as no 82 on the main list and no 6 on the reserve list.

I would be happy to enter the concours with my S4. I've never done anything like this before but my car is fairly low mileage and pretty clean. I don't know how high the standard will be but someone has to come last

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

1. Paul69 - Elan M100 NA
6. Al. - Evora SRalike

8. Steve Tryner - Essex Esprit

9. Steamdriven - GT3

10. Elite501 - Esprit V8

11. Markw996 - Esprit S4

Richard, you did say you couldn't make it but it appears I never crossed you off the main list then you said you can still make it so you're still on it. 

Mark, you're on the reserve list mate. The 150 cars we're allowed includes the 25 in the concours. Chances are though as I said to Steve there will be more dropouts. 

Thanks for making it all so easy :)

I have a M100 turbo which i think is tidy but thats only my opinion and that don't count for much so put my name down

Edited by alan e

Don't normally do concours - but.. Europa Speacial JPS, 1974. Modified for track use, one owner from new.

If this fits the spec willing to have a go!

Geoff

Use the quote button on the most recent list or just copy and paste it chaps!

1. Paul69 - Elan M100 NA
6. Al. - Evora SRalike

8. Steve Tryner - Essex Esprit

9. Steamdriven - GT3

10. Elite501 - Esprit V8

11. Markw996 - Esprit S4

12. Alan E - Elan M100

13. Geoff Morgan -  Europa JPS