Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sump plug size? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sump plug size?

What size should the sump plug be on a 88 turbo? I've tried various sockets but can't get one to bite.

Thanks

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I thought it was supposed to be a female Allen!

If it's not Allen, then start at 19 and reduce until it doesn't fit, then go back up 1mm.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Nope not an Allen, I've tried a 19mm and think it was too big tried the next size down and it was to small. I wonder if it's had wronged bodged in...

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Yep I think my set went from 19mm to 17mm I'll try 11/16 on it.

Thanks

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Nah, 11/16 won't work, it'll be 18.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

My '95 S4s was a socket head screw, 12MM I think but all my earlier cars had 18MM bolts.  :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

I'll get an 18mm socket!

Amateurs built the Ark

Well it looks like it may have been 18mm at some stage, looks like it's rounded off. I'll sort it when the engine is out.

Amateurs built the Ark