Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Automatic transmission Exige S V6 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Automatic transmission Exige S V6

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Boba. :welcome:

Where are you and what is making you look at a Lotus?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hello everybody!

I'm from Kazakhstan :) But I'm not Borat :)

Have had different sport cars before - EVO VIII, EVO X, GT-R R35, R8. Now driving BRZ. It is amazing car with awesome drive sense. But as almost Japanese cars it is ugly. And no any kind of wide body or aero can make it looks like real sport car.

Now starting to research about Lotus Exige S V6. I'm not enthusiast of manual gear. Also my height can be a problem (187 cm). Any suggestion will be appreciate. :)

Thanks

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I spotted one on the road today as I was driving to work and I thought it looked brilliant. It was getting a lot of looks from other drivers as well.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm no expert on any comparable performance auto shift boxes but it was in my opinion very smooth quick and sometimes hardly noticeable when the accelerator was floored and held there. It seemed like an uninterrupted continuous burst of acceleration holding you back in your seat.

chipp

I think I've said before but I think it may be very good on the Exige.

Trevor.

I would say they definitively have to change the gearing for that combination to make sense. The Exige, even more so than the Evora, needs acceleration and performance moe than top speed or economy. The tall 4th through 6th gear of the Evora IPS make it very evonomical, but ruin the fun.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

With this transmission as it increases the weight of the car ?

Over the years ... 1999-2001 Toyota Celica 1.8 ~ 2001-2004 Audi TT Quattro 225 hp ~ 2004-2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI ~ 2005-2008 Honda S2000 ~ 2008-2014 Lotus Exige 240S ~ 2008-2012 Toyota Aygo 1.0 ~ June 2014-January 2015 Subaru WRX STI my 15 ~ 2013-November 2016 Lexus CT200h ~  June 2015-December 2018 Lotus Exige S V6 ~ NOW ~ January 2019 Lotus Exige 410 Sport ~ December 2016 Honda Civic Type R FK2