Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
strange noise from drivers side ear. - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

strange noise from drivers side ear.

Hi,just working through some niggles after recommissioning my S4 Esprit,now that I am driving it all the time I have noticed a noise emanating from the rear drivers side,when it warms up I can hear a noise like an electric fan has been switched on  which seems to get louder, I have a feeling that it could be the  alternator bearing.Has anybody had this??

A stethascope will help you hear where the noise is comming from :-)

Cheers,

John W

Is it related to rpm? Roadspeed? Aircon off/on? or just temperature?

Fuel pump? Electric chargecooler pump? Wheel bearing? Vacuum pump outlet? Drivebelt bearings? Noisy turbo bearings?

Did the noise start a month ago? That belt......

'Scuze my knowledge of the car model, but also could be the tensioner bearing. Also recently touched along with the belt.

Take it back to the chap that did the belt and get it checked :)