Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eclat Station runner report - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Eclat Station runner report

On 12/06/2021 at 06:48, GerardJPC said:

Maybe next year.  I reckon that the car needs an engine rebuild and maybe a refurb of the rear suspension.  Then it will need a retrim and paint, and new tyres.  Hey ho!

You and I have spent the last four years locked in the world’s slowest race to get our wedges up to where we want them, which is to say just on the louche side of respectable.

I think I’m currently ahead by half a nose but I wouldn’t bet against you making a surge.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

But yours goes out for drives.  Mine has lurked in a big shed since 2018.  Also, I am having bad thoughts about part exchanging the car for a TR7...

Edited by GerardJPC

I posted an advert on that site, but it hasn't appeared.  It seems surprising for a forum such as this not to have a usable cars for sale facility. 

There's a Facebook Group ostensibly for selling Eclats, Elites,and Excels, but the software doesn't recognise that the Lotus Eclat exists, so you can't list one there either. 

The car is now running  and rolling, so I will get it an MOT, tidy it up a bit, and then decide whether to sell it as a scruffy runner or to keep it and posh it up

Edited by GerardJPC

It's an eighteenth century threshing barn.  It has space for five or six cars, the contents of a London flat, assorted junk, and a grumpy Norwegian cat.  My brother uses the hayloft as a mancave and he and his geeky friends play Dungeons and Dragons there in the summer months. 
The Lotus was under that old mattress until two days ago.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by GerardJPC