Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3 or more elite/eclats in yard near railway in Strood - Spotted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3 or more elite/eclats in yard near railway in Strood

mdw

I had to go by rail to  London Victoria from Rochester station and on the way out through Strood on the left next to the railway line was a small triangular yard next to a carpark.  There were aprox 30 old ish cars  tightly packed in the yard and I am sure at least 3-4 were Lotus wedges. Don't think there were any esprits or excels.

Any one else seen them ?

2nd pic I have circled the ones I think.

post-1261-0-61796300-1417723318.jpg

post-1261-0-73222300-1417723594.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I mentioned that site and those cars on this thread recently;

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/32060-eliteeclatexcel-picture-thread/page-5

but the ground level pictures have disappeared.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

OH yes and better pics than me !!!  I Must read other threads.  They are crammed in tight and look like they have been there for a while.  I would imagine they will be a real pain to get out.

• 6 years later...

Thread revival

There were a couple of Elite/Eclats up for sale recently which made think about this scrapyard, but I couldn't remember exactly were it was. Then this ebay thread made me think about it again BMW 2002 1602 Barn Find (174 similar condition cars for sale) | eBay and Rochester/Strood popped into my head.

Searched the forum and got here. From the latest Google Earth views it looks like some of them may have been removed from the yard.

What are the chances of me being on here, a drone pilot, in Strood and with my drone! Slim I know but...

go_photo_1630503613955.jpg

go_photo_1630503605450.jpg

go_photo_1630503569511.jpg

go_photo_1630503545681.jpg

go_photo_1630503514921.jpg

go_photo_1630503508955.jpg

I was looking around and picked a spot to take off which was literally 50 yards away the other side of the railway bridge so wandered around. Zero signs of life...

20210901_144808.jpg

20210901_144749.jpg

20210901_144838.jpg

20210901_144850.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Wow, seems so sad to see them there just rotting away, this is the sort of thing I would have thought lotusbits would like to have a go at saving, or lotusrescue. 

Some seem to be in the open and there are covers over others - so can't really tell what's there.