Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 46 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

8 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

That looks fantastic mate, I've been wondering how it's been going, and worrying that the carpet had stretched whilst being bound.

Looks like you've made a tidy job, I'd be happy with that. Don't get carried away with the G&T, today's glue sniffing session should have you half way there. Glue in the beard is a sign of addiction. 

Well, I wont pretend your name didn't come up a few times during the day! Are we the first to achieve the one-piece carpet fitting? If so, I'm contacting Guinness Book of Records.

Oh, and last time I checked, the wife hadn't got a beard of any description, so I guess it'll just be the gin that describes her odd behaviour.

Boot carpet tomorrow.........

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

So, you're doing all the easy stuff first.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Day 2 of boot carpet installation by Shan. I have been relegated to passing her contact adhesve, scissors, Stanley knife, holding a lead-lamp and operating the lift. The good news is it's all done, and I can finally get in there and finish tidying up various bits and pieces. Neither of us would want to do this particular job again!

I'm need the buy some wing-nuts for the rear lamp covers, because the twat that last touched them couldn't be bothered to. Actually, he couldn't be bothered to fit any kind of nut, as they were left simply shoved onto the fixing studs.

We're hoping the cabin carpet is going to be easier to fit, so will be tackling that tomorrow.

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_4121.JPG

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

Did you buy a carpet set Ian or just re-trimming yourselves?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Thanks Ian :) Not ready for carpets quite yet, but needed a good source for when I get that far :) Did that include the boot set as well?

Thanks

Paul

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

It's worth noting - do round the window in a few parts - that what lotus did 

It's easier apparently 

Only here once

Cheers chaps. I will have a word with Steve nearer the time :) Appreciate the steer.

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Ya big girl's blouse.  A couple of days in the Watford Exotics open air workshop will put hair on yer chest.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I dunno, I give you the right tools for the job, and somehow...

• Gold FFM

Life would be boring if it was all simple.....

is it going to be ready for Sunday then or what 

Only here once

I'm annoyed with myself for what was a schoolboy error, with a bit of vanity thrown in for not wearing specs to check the gaps. It wasn't a disaster by any means, just a pain in the arse and I should have known better.

Sadly, MBW is a definite no, I need to spend time fixing the car, but I promise I'll make it next year. Beaulieu is also off as I have a gig on the Saturday night, and we're off on holiday on the day of the Lotus Festival at Brands. Once the Esprit rebuild fog starts to lift, I shall have to see what other events are happening, that I might be able to attend. 

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Two hours to just to fit the PAS pump, and that poxy belt. I tried replacing the adjuster nut with a thinner one to give it as much chance as possible, no dice, I still had to remove the pulley, and what a pain that is. That's it, I'm going for the next size up belt next time around, whatever that may be and if it doesn't fit, well it's a few quid. If it does, it's party time.

Margate Exotics.

FWIW, I've found it much easier to fit the PAS pump along with all the ancillary belts on the lump before dropping it in. 

1995 S4s