Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

Sorry for the delay chaps,

Here are a few more snaps of the beast !!

Great couple of days at Hethel - Tour around Classic Team Lotus, factory tour and Motorsport tour along with some passenger laps around the test track in a V6 Exige.......

Anyway, enjoy..........

Si

post-18430-0-67900100-1426950249.jpg

post-18430-0-22141600-1426950270.jpg

post-18430-0-78669700-1426950289.jpg

post-18430-0-75367300-1426950301.jpg

post-18430-0-67466300-1426950325.jpg

post-18430-0-03986800-1426950341.jpg

post-18430-0-92710200-1426950356.jpg

post-18430-0-30786400-1426950436.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can but ask, spoke to Si this morning and as I thought, its definitely going to need a lottery win!

Bugger!

:cry:

Gav

That's a shame as we were in the process of gift wrapping it for you!

There's always the midweek draw?

Jonathan

I won!

£3.10

Bugger.

Friday is mega Friday - 10 prizes of £1M and 150K to spend on a car! Can't choose a GTE but the 1M would probably cover that :)

How much for a GTE with a Carbon Fibre engine block? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Found some more!

No     LHD/RHD     Color                2+2/2+0     Interior     G-Box     Location       Owner               Remarks

1        LHD         Nightfall Blue         2+2            Brown        IPS       Switzerland                                 Sold

2        RHD         Blue                      2+2            Brown        IPS         Surrey           Bell&Colvill         At dealership
3        RHD         Black                    2+0            Black                        London          domguy             "JPS car one"
4        LHD         Black                     2+2            Black        Manual                  LotusLeftLotusRight    Sold
5        LHD         Sport Yellow          2+0            Black        Manual   Switzerland                                  Sold
6                                                     2+0                                                                                                Sold   
7        LHD         Yellow                   2+0            Black        Manual   Switzerland                               At dealership
8        RHD        Black                     2+0            Black        Manual   Cheshire       SimonOakmore   At Dealership   
9                                                     2+0                                                                                                Sold   
10      RHD        Black                      2+0           Black         IPS                             Lotus Newcastle  At Dealership   
11                                                   2+0                                                                                                Sold   
12                                                   2+0                                                                                                Sold   
13        LHD        White                   2+0            Black         Manual  Germany           TBD                 In build

15        LHD        Silver                    2+0             Black        Manual   Tyneside     TheKevlarKid           Sold

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I know technically they're all new but if CN can charge extra for theirs then sense would say the newastle one should be cheaper considering the mileage and 61 plate.

Gav

Which of the GTE parts can you retrofit on a standard Evora. I seem to remember a Lotus motorsport pdf brochure at some point in the past! Saw the blue one at B&C today which looked lovely.

They are also developing a power upgrade. Jamie said the Komotec one would munch the gearbox!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Which of the GTE parts can you retrofit on a standard Evora. I seem to remember a Lotus motorsport pdf brochure at some point in the past! Saw the blue one at B&C today which looked lovely.

They are also developing a power upgrade. Jamie said the Komotec one would munch the gearbox!

Not much chance of retrofitting, at minimum the price would exceed even the GTE price. Only the wing will be a direct replacement. 

Amazing how some dealers downtalk competitors products, there is no way the Komotec kit would have any significant impact on the gearbox. The gearbox was designed for a diesel, where you have significantly higher torque. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

I think what Jamie might have said was not how it has come across in Robcarters post. The fact is that Lotus need to upgrade the gearbox for the 400 to cope with the extra HP and torque in order to provide a substantial warranty on its product and Lotus with a huge amount of testing know what the limits are for the standard item.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I thought the only difference in the 400 was a new clutch plate and lighter flywheel?

To be fair, we've a few people on here running the Komo-tec kits and I'm sure none of them have had gearbox issues that I've heard of or seen on here...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The 400retains the current gearbox except the clutch/flywheel and LSD. Any more would have had to be done or approved by Toyota first. Like I said, the box is from a diesel so more torque is not an issue. 

Well I have to say a big thanks to Jamie, but the GTE....wow. I know they are mechanically standard and the b&c car is a subtle colour but what presence it has. Another Evora that pictures cant do justice to. I must admit to not being an automatic fan but was pleasently surprised with the ips.

Anyway, everything I own bar my child and kidneys will be in the classifieds shortly!

Gav

Yes, was aiming to get there for 3 but didn't make it till 530!A good job Jamie works late. Six hours! Hopefully will be easier on the way home tomorrow.

Gav

Fingers crossed: today should be a Good Day.

I'm collecting #4 from the factory and driving her home.

Beautiful weather too. :thumbsup:

You lucky bastard! I still have to wait ... and wait ... and wait.

Until June. :tumbleweed:

Michael, I know you need to put on as many miles before the warranty runs out tomorrow but you could at least post up some pictures  :harhar:

Gav