Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 34 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

@C8RKH the Stratton car are original GTE from Lotus, they were not rebuilt as GT350 (I don't know why).

I remember have seen 3 of them (the grey, mat white and chrome who was my choise to buy)

Why be classic when you can be unique

@C8RKH Of course that’s what they did. But, because they are the manufacturer, they are allowed to call it what they like, ie the GTE or GT350. 

If anyone else makes one, it’s a copy, a replica or, at best, a ‘homage’. 

Ultimately it's nice that they have all survived at all. All are well documented and Acrobat has been transparent about what his is.  It's just a shame that, hopefully just in the short term, the spares have been used up in the Stratton Gt cars, but financially I can understand why they have done what they've done.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for some support.  My car is a conversion.  A replica.  But it’s not “Mansory bits”.  It does have the new wishbones, new suspension and new wheels.  The carbon fibre is one-off custom made based on OEM for the GTE/ GT350.  No GTE’s made it to North America.  I wanted one.  I paid a premium and made one.  It’s not a factory GT350, but it’s damn near identical.  I’m happy, and that’s all that matters to me.

• Like 2

Yes indeed... I have no issue with “other” GTE’s it’s the fact that Lotus disposed of the remainder of the parts which some of us had been assured would be kept available to repair our cars should they need it.. yes maybe naive to believe Lotus would do as they said but nevertheless a commitment was made. Personally I’m appalled at the way Lotus treats its loyal customers!

• Like 1

Look. Lotus is a small company. It's a flea on the back of the poodle. I'm sure it tries its best but I am also sure in the last 10 years we came perilously close to losing it.

If I was lucky enough to own a GTE the only thing I'd be truly pissed about would be the lack of key spares like the custom wishbones, wheels, etc. I'd expect the factory to keep spares or at least have a plan B.

I can truly understand what people are upset about this but please do get over it and remember what a limited run, special car you have the privilege to own.

As Lotus grows strong, as I believe it will under Geely, I am sure these "issues" will disappear. The current cars are about the best cars Lotus has ever made. The last of a generation. The GTE is up there at the pinnacle of what Lotus could do.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Look. Lotus is a small company. It's a flea on the back of the poodle. I'm sure it tries its best but I am also sure in the last 10 years we came perilously close to losing it.

If I was lucky enough to own a GTE the only thing I'd be truly pissed about would be the lack of key spares like the custom wishbones, wheels, etc. I'd expect the factory to keep spares or at least have a plan B.

Exactly that....

C8RKH, its an annoyance on the spares but currently not a 'problem', famous last words! I hope things improve too. Anyway, what are you doing on here, shouldn!t you be out driving your new motor! :driving:Oh, and you need to update your avatar! :ph34r:

Looks like No. 08, a very rare RHD in motorsport black is up for sale at Leven's (ex MMC).

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So are we going to list the extra cars above that are original GTE's but weren't converted by the factory?? I'm thinking for some sort of future reference when everyone has forgot...

21. Red/Grey tri-stripe (kevlarkid/ex Beirut car) 2+0/ swindon engine and tune / carbon interior/ recaro sports racer seats/ Gt350 wheels/ Gt350 front wishbones/ originally designated GTE number 12.

22. Green (Stratton GT)/ 2+?/ engine and tune??/ beige interior/ GTE carbon seats/ Gt350 wheels/ Gt350 wishbones/ originally designated GTE number??

23. Chrome Orange (Stratton GT/ex Swiss Beatz car)/ 2+?/ engine and tune??/ interior???/ seats??/ Evora turbine wheels/ Gt350 wishbones/ originally designated GTE number??

24. White/Grey tri-stripe (Stratton GT)/ 2+?/ engine and tune??/ interior???/ seats??/ Evora 400 wheels/ Gt350 wishbones/ originally designated GTE number??

25. Pewter (Stratton GT)/ 2+?/ engine and tune??/ interior???/ seats??/ Evora 400wheels/ Gt350 wishbones/ originally designated GTE number??

• Like 1

What are people’s thoughts on the Stratton GTs?

After a failed 99t 430 enquiry I was happy to stick and upgrade my exige.

however this feed popped up and I have to say the gte is my favourite lotus. Just adore this car.

the £30k premium they go for over list has stopped me from pushing the button on one but this Stratton car.....in white 😍

they are £72k + vat and probably around 3-4 months from being ready. Converting to manual, dvla approval etc

They don’t come with a lotus warranty, gte parts are hard to come by judging by others comments and will this be the very poor cousin with a hole in their shoe.

i guess what I am asking you knowledgeable lot is, will this car be a credible version to buy and whilst not as sought after as an original still viewed affectionately or is it the case if you want one accept no imitations and these are a bit of a gimmick?

They are 430bhp Swindon engines. What are your thoughts on those?

6158B9A8-A758-4C5D-8074-2879BB0BE290.jpeg

E875B768-7E8C-4A02-98F8-099EEF08B8BC.jpeg

9C6F0B90-5372-4459-9B66-3F9AFC71BB11.jpeg

FBF4B8AC-1555-4450-8396-19A3A2E8D2A9.jpeg

3CDFA1E0-38DF-497A-A946-F9287E81643C.jpeg

2AC1C921-768E-4692-BD2A-861F3027760E.jpeg

09AF6E06-F453-4AA7-B6C0-078B708ACDD9.jpeg

70EE5475-A572-4E1C-A8DF-20D6C7320D88.jpeg

7A6A005C-C3CC-4C5E-8850-59185474D326.jpeg

09C58429-A6E5-485C-99AE-15A591F0F304.jpeg

So the White one is a "LeMans GTE China Limited Edition No 7". Presumably the other 3 have similar plaques?

It's not a gte but don't let that put you off. 80k seems about right for the car if Strattons can give you any warranty, say for 12 mths. It has all the bits that you might want to add to make one yourself. I'd check the engine and ecu back up via Strattons though.

(oh I'd take the stupid plaque out)

31 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

this is what is in my red car

So who has #12 of 20 Limited Edition GT350/GTE?

They are as much gte's as anything, body panels can be got from mansory, it's wheels and more so wishbones which are currently an issue. Lhd puts me off personally hence I got a rhd 2+2. Remember the Gt 350's only came with 6 months warranty.  The engines are meant to be good but as pointed out. I would want to know more about the support Strattons can give. At £72k + vat they don't seem bad value.

• Like 1

Thanks @21gg to agree on my way!

I'm aware of this just after I've got the #15 (begining of december 2017)

I'm looking to own the chrome one, that was the one I wanted to buy in 2014 when I came to visit the factory (I remember also have sawn the mat white and the grey). Since december I'm waiting to can get that car but I'm in doubt if they want to sell it or not (we were 3 French guy ready to buy one... but today none is ready).

My only request is to get new GT350 wishbones fited to get the right Lotus handling, and this point looks like à problem because of not spare parts (but they've some to can rebuilt)

For me they're the real GTE like the concept shown in 2011 (with full carbon interior), except the engine who are standard Evora S (they want to tune it to 430 / 440hp)

Ps: don't look at the chrome one, I hope it could be mine one day when it will be ready for sale :P

Why be classic when you can be unique