Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 17 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

• Gold FFM

These cars are rather 'whooshey' aren't they? (Is that a word?)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Swiss TVA (VAT) is 8%. Alan is correct, you would have to pay 20% VAT if you import the car to UK and I believe import duty but not sure what the import duty is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found these pictures and have fallen in Love with the car. Is this GTE owned by anyone on here? The colour is apparently Chrome Red and it is just OMG gorgeous to my eyes....

evora chrome red 1.jpg

evora chrome red 2.jpg

evora chrome red 4.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes it looks great in the photo's though didn't look quite so great last time I saw it.......

It was still a similar colour at the bottom but going through various shades through orange as you looked higher to almost chrome at the top of the rear quarters.

Somewhat faded I'm afraid, it wasn't one of the 20 to be re-built.

Ah, OK, thanks Chaps. It's shame. She looked wonderful, though I guess like all film stars with age the colour, looks and glamour all fade. Still, the archive pictures paint a real purddy picture. An Evora 400 with black pack in that colour would look yummy too.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, adfer said:

Looks OK in the background in this photo.   The spoiler is missing I think.

image.jpeg

Was that photo taken relatively recently (ie when you bought the carbon car)?

I remember the red car @ Motorports but I don't think that it was the chrome red car. 

The red one in Alan's pic isn't the swizz beatz car, that is the red Beirut car which was in the airport raffle draw.

As ishy say's it hadn't weathered well at all, it had really bad sun bleaching. Last time I saw it it looked like someone had got the cheapest shiny Christmas paper and wrapped it in it. It looked terrible and I can t imagine it looked that good to start with tbh, even when it was all one uniform shade.

Not sure where the swizz car is now, it hadnt been scrapped off along with the others and may have been sold as track use only. The red Beirut car is still in existence also, again track use only.

12091382_10153420178471284_6919732615889916418_o.jpg

Edited by TheKevlarKid
sp

That must be an old pic though bibs, it didn't look anywhere near as good as it does in that picture when I saw it a couple of months ago... Can't believe anyone would repaint it that colour, cost in excess of 10k the first time round???

I thought it had gone somewhere a little more local than that.

I did enjoy ripping the piss out of Swizzy at the time for his revolutionary Lotus which he, err, had painted red. We ran a campaign for people to vote on how much of a monumentally bad idea it was to have him involved with the company and he engaged his 650k+ followers to vote him up! Was quite funny but ultimately, another very sad Bahar idea.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

You think this car is Thailand is another Chrome Red Evora and not the Swizzy one? I find it incredible anyone would choose to paint their car that colour. It was hugely expensive and hugely troublesome paint.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Forget for a minute the expense and the troublesome paint and look at the pictures I posted - I find it incredible how any one would not want that paint.

Now, take off the rose tinted specs and do the research and find out it is a troublesome paint and it will cost 10k - OK, I find it incredible anyone would do it!  Doesn't mean when done it ain't drop dead gorgeous though... :)

The small print.