Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 21 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

3 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Also, have you seen the size of the socket and torque wench you need to remove/re-tighten the centre locks??

One of the reasons the centre locks were dropped was the huge cost of them, and the tool isn't that cheap either! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Listen guys I get they are special. I've said it over and over and I've also said I would have bought one if I could so no need to try to convince me the cars are special. Are you just choosing to ignore those bits of my posts?

I was not trying to nit pick either (though to be honest you were ladelling it on thick re the similarities to the race car), I was just expressing a view that compared to other "homages" from Lotus the pedigree was maybe not up there in terms of race performance / results. I would argue that the GTE is the Lotus equivalent of Jaguars XJ220 in terms of what was promised and delivered. The XJ220 now more than ever is fully recognised for the great car and engineering it is, I'm sure the GTE will be too.

As I also said I'm not an expert and it was only an opinion, not a statement of fact.

Can someone come and move the soap boxes off me now? ;) I promise never to say anything that does not seem to toe the party line ever again. I'll accept back the whip. :fish:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2016 at 13:04, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Aren't they supposed to at least get in touch with you first?

I'd think in their terms they'll say that can use anything you post for anything they like, but good manners would certainly be to get in touch with you, without doubt.

• 3 weeks later...

The kit was great on the Nürburgring! 

Unfortunately the drive home ended in disaster. 

DSC_0020.JPG

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Oh dear. What happened?

Back to the factory for some of those spare panels then?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Aquaplaning ?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Thomas. OMG. Car can be fixed, but hopefully you/ passenger fully OK?

Best wishes.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Bugger! Sorry to see that happen Thomas. 

Doesn't look too bad though to be fair. What did you do, glance the barrier with the front of the car? Main front crash rails appear intact.

Sorry I have to ask, Is that the "B is for Build" bloke sniffing around in the picture? 

Oops......sorry to see that

Should be fine.....only a flesh wound and with a bit of 't' cut you'll never notice....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Did you hit a large puddle across the road Thomas? I assume your tyres had plenty of tread, even after the 'Ring? I've always found the Evora exceptional in the wet, really sad to see this mate. :no

I'll call SWLC, I know they've a few GTE parts in stock at good prices... *ETA they've got an Evora clam in white for £1,200 inc VAT and if you fancied a cheeky upgrade they're got some carbon doors and doorcards from a GTE for £700 each! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Did you hit a large puddle across the road Thomas? I assume your tyres had plenty of tread, even after the 'Ring? I've always found the Evora exceptional in the wet, really sad to see this mate. :no

I'll call SWLC, I know they've a few GTE parts in stock at good prices... *ETA they've got an Evora clam in white for £1,200 inc VAT and if you fancied a cheeky upgrade they're got some carbon doors and doorcards from a GTE for £700 each! 

It was exactly the puddle you mentioned. I'm always very sensitive to steering feel in the Evora and all was fine when we hit that apparently deep puddle. The rear just broke loose and we did at least 5 full spins. 

Quite glad the dashcam wasn't on, not something you would ever like the police to confiscate. 

7 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

That's such a shame, but the damage doesn't look too bad from the photo. Is the other side and rear OK?

Don't suppose you had your dash-cam switched on did you? It would be interesting to see what happened.