Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 44 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

They read all of the reviews, pretty much without exception. They also visit various forums inc TLF and do listen to what people have to say. I'm not sure they care so much for the opinions of tube drivers though :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Name brand association goes a long way in justifying the price.  Just like keeping AP branding on the calipers or mentioning the seats, shocks, and springs by name.  Give validity to areas Lotus is not a manufacturer in.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Thomas - totally with you dude. Your car rocks.

Damn! How to kill a thread. What was I thinking?

Right, that's it. I'm not doing serious anymore. It scares people.

Bring back Dany. I understood the world when Dany was in charge. JMG has turned me into a gimp.

I'm off to Turkey to find Dany.

Bye

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

Thomas - totally with you dude. Your car rocks.

Damn! How to kill a thread. What was I thinking?

Right, that's it. I'm not doing serious anymore. It scares people.

Bring back Dany. I understood the world when Dany was in charge. JMG has turned me into a gimp.

I'm off to Turkey to find Dany.

Bye

I heard Dany  could be found around Mayfair these days selling overpriced slightly modified posh cars to the uber rich...

Ok I'm old skool but I prefer alloy coloured alloys and it looks like the launch 400's wheels are now out of date as (according to latest spec on Lotus website) gloss black is now standard and no options offered. Is that correct?

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Jack

As best I can work out, the black wheels on the launch vehicles are the standard ones and are cast. Options for forged wheels, either diamond cut (silver) or black, are available. Still waiting on the configurator though to confirm.

Greg

@@@@ Mark, very interesting, stunning work in my eyes! More Lotus and not so much Audi R8...as the evora 400. But tastes are different of course, lets see how we like it in the plastic....

( what about - if you are bored and/ or have too much time.. ;-) ...- a two color rear of the 3-11 photoshoped on the Evora 400????)

Regarding the wheels : the black ones actually shown are rated as "lightweight, forged" by Lotus on their instagram account. So mybe the silver ones on the first silver Evora 400 were the "new standard"?

@@@@ Mark, very interesting, stunning work in my eyes! More Lotus and not so much Audi R8...as the evora 400. But tastes are different of course, lets see how we like it in the plastic....

To me that photoshop is the obvious design to do, as it kind of relates to the cars in the range.  But my guess is Lotus wanted something different / more identifiable.  To me the design they have looks a bit jarring, but maybe it's more future proof.  A bit like when new cars come out they look strange, but after a while you begin to like them.

I agree.  I'd liked to have seen some of the GTE splitter in the 400.  Not that it counts for anything but here's my Photoshop impression of what it could have looked like:

Mark_Bs_Evora_400_zpsz7envdpe.jpg

I think this is a very interesting design... Very nice photoshop but I do personally think that if they front end design of the E400 is what it is as it's mostly the result of a conscious decision on behalf of the management at Hethel not to reuse any of previous regime design which for all intent and purposes is one car : the GTE, as the exige S was all but finished when DB tookover.

I also think that the design crew experimented a bit with E400 before reverting to the classic - if tweaked - front end on the new 3Eleven which very well might be the way of the future, tweaked from models to models,  but the classic Lotus mouth will rule supreme again albeit with a very flat upper lip for aerodynamic purposes...

Prefect post Breeze and great follow up DaveC72.

Just about sums up why I love my Evora and why, as only a recent Lotus convert, I love what the brand stands for.

I have an Evora NA, older, slower, fatter and lardier than your S. I swither and dither daily - do I upgrade it or wait and buy an E400? Bugger, not sure what to do, the only thing I do know is that it is highly likely that my Evora will be replaced with, erm, hmmm, another Evora :)  Unless of course I can find an Original Esprit Essex Turbo in tip-top condition for £30k.....    :cheers:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Great Posts, I wish I could add something but I have no time, as I am still trying to find out which knob is for what function in my car.............. ;-)

(of course after driving a car some time you should be able to reach the Buttons without looking at them.....when they are out of metal - much better...:-)

Great posts on previous page Breeze and DaveC72.  My thoughts entirely.

We are over in Arran staying with friends in a holiday cottage.  He has a V6S F type and the Evora was sitting in front of it in the drive as we sat outside on the piss on the decking at 5 tonight in the one bit of sun we have had, and 4 of us chatting and not about cars and out of the blue he says "what a stunning car the Evora is from every aspect eh?"  No need for the comment but sys it all.

• Like 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

The trouble with motoring journalists is that they are like sheep. If one makes a remark about something the others have to follow since they don't want to expose the fact they they really know crap all about the cars they are driving.

Are they going to upset the manufacturers who invite them to exotic locations, all expenses paid? Of course they are not for fear of not being on the list next time.

Hidden buttons are a feature of most mainstream cars. I would have to fiddle, look and take my eyes off the road to find certain button functions on my Range Rover Sport, same with previous BMWs etc

Perceived German build quality is just that, perceived!

The intertior of my BMW back in 2009 squeaked & rattled after 10k miles, the problem with Porsche Boxter engines gets washed over etc. A former VX owner who took delivery of a new Porsche Boxter in March, following a lengthy wait, has so far driven 900 miles in it. It has been problematic mechanical wise and was offered to him on the day of collection with various paint defects (a quite disgusting approach by a dealer of a so called "premium marque")

• Like 1

Good points Paul and re your last point about the dealer - well many of us have heard and/or experienced of so called "premium" dealers like Mercedes who have a particularly (well?) deserved reputation for their, shall we say arrogance and poor customer service?

I don't believe that any one of us on this forum, as Lotus owners, believe that Lotus and their cars are perfect and the company and their dealers can do no wrong. Quite the opposite. But I have read time and time of the number of "good" stories where Lotus and the Dealer have gone the extra mile to keep the customer happy. Yes, ideally, these problems would not happen in the first place, but given the size and financial / manpower constraints Lotus have I do think they do a great job in the round. The problem is how many of the "journalists" actually "own" their car and how many actually "own" a Lotus. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!