Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 53 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

:thumbup: Have to say so do I especially with the black pack.  Was already on my radar along with the orange if not doing "SWMBO's quote of "not boring red again" and sticking to standard offering colours.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Going to have my first look at the 400 at Murray Edinburgh tomorrow. This will be my first time seeing one in the flesh, not sure I'm completely sold on the new exterior changes. Great to hear the comments above about the gear change though, it was one of my major gripes with my old S.

The 400's manual box is an absolute joy.  The rifle bolt metaphor absolutely applies.  I was massively impressed with how solid it felt.  And, I mean, proper industrial revolution solid.  It's like being the guy who got to change gears on the Titanic.  Proper, man stuff.  And, bear in mind the gear box is still upside-down tucked somewhere in behind the rear lights and attached to the gear-lever by cables and chewing gum.  What Lotus has done is exceptional.

Great to hear the comments above about the gear change though, it was one of my major gripes with my old S.

Which leads to the obvious question - does anybody know (yet) if the 400 gear cable system can be retrofitted to previous MYs?

Everything is retrofitable at a cost Jonny ;) The cables aren't the biggest change, it's the mechanism within the centre console that enables the slicker movement. As the centre console is pretty similar (bar the Heater/AC controls) there is potential for it to work on older models.

The entire gearchange has been changed from end to end, I doubt it.

Everything is retrofitable at a cost Jonny ;) The cables aren't the biggest change, it's the mechanism within the centre console that enables the slicker movement. As the centre console is pretty similar (bar the Heater/AC controls) there is potential for it to work on older models.

Hmmm, I think I'll make further enquiries with Roly when I'm next at Motorsport. 

Well I drove the demonstrator at Murray Lotus today.........

I'm still not 100% on the new styling, and was going to be content with just giving it a look over, but that all went a bit South after Brandon fired the yellow car up. I jumped in and gave it a couple of throttle blips while in sport mode, Jesus they have this one sounding GOOD, it actually raised the old pulse a fair bit and got me all a bit excited! From there I don't think there was much chance of me not accepting taking the grey demonstrator out......

First off everything in the cabin does feel a LOT better put together than the outgoing model, but you can definitely add me to the non fans of the Lotus lettering on the dash camp. Seats are very comfy and access is much easier now, I could even get out of the car no trouble without moving the seat back, which I couldn't really in my old S. Good to see the buttons are all in more sensible places now as well.

As mentioned above, and I 100% agree, the gear change is MUCH improved. It has a real rifle bolt action to it with a very short throw, I very much enjoyed using it while out on the drive. When taking these test drives I never want to push too much with it not being my car, but it certainly shifts, feels very well set up and as exciting as ever to be in. My interest is definitely there, and I always appreciate how there's no sales rubbish at Murray's, they let the cars do the talking and you make the choice.

The only real stopping point in my head right now is the elephant in the (show)room, and that elephant is a certain black GTE which is not only the best looking Lotus I've ever seen, but possibly one of the best looking cars I've ever seen full stop. There is a whole lot of man maths being worked on right now, but I think it's safe to say one way or another, and one type or another, I'll soon be back in an Evora.

:D

• Like 1

I had heard he had taken a deposit from someone down south.

I think the problem could be that it is a 4 year old car and to get finance on it is proving difficult.

My old Evora is gone Bibs, and recently so did the V8 Vantage that followed it. To say the money is burning a hole in my pocket would be an understatement, we should all have a big bonkers four wheeled toy to play with, not having one right now isn't fun!

• Like 1

Go for it Colin I like the cut of your jib as they say. It would be great if it stayed in Scotland, home to 3 GTE's currently.

I had a DB9 Volante and had to let that go to make space in the Man Cave for the GTE, not to mention the bank account. 

Should I add you back on the LEGS PM list?

Edited by bingoking

I have just been contacted by the dealer about my order for the 400.  The factory has informed the dealer that the color blue originally claimed to be available,  will not be available and am I ok with this 'new' lighter blue (on left).

I don't know what to do,.. or think... I mean  it's not a classy touring car color anymore, it is weekend racer color.  Now I have to rethink everything...  *sigh*.    And they need an answer ASAP!!

Did the other colors change too? How do I choose when I don't even know what the selection is now?

20151002_165617.png

I actually think it would be one of those colours you will be really glad you went for when you see it for the first time. It looks similar to laser blue which is not a colour I would have ordered but was amazed by when I saw it first hand. Serious wow factor.

The darker blue looks similar to Nightfall blue which always was a great colour for an Evora, very dark most of the time but comes to life in bright sunshine. If you really like it I would try and insist on it (or Nightfall Blue). I'm sure the dealer won't lose a sale without a fight and special order paint is still available as far as I'm aware.

Otherwise the Racing Green looks to be closer in tone to the darker blue and would look amazing (providing you like green of course!). White and red also look really good having seen some cars recently.

yes love the Racing Green, reminiscent of the Lotus Carlton's Imperial Green. It will only really look green in direct sun light.

I'm totally dismayed that at this stage Lotus seem to be willing to fluke up a prospective sale / new customer by changing the colours available so drastically and with so little notice. If true, are Lotus intentionally trying to fail?  This with the alarm issues is making me wonder just how much progress is being made. It's these small things that will make a difference as they go forward.

The motorsport green looks stunning, red or cognac interior and just wow....  Come on Lotus, we really want to see you grow fit and strong......

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thank you all for your interest in the dark green color.  A quick inquiry to that affect resulted in a new color green as well (on left).

I honestly don't even know what is going on anymore.  And none of this is on their website.

20151003_110201.png

I wouldn't pay much attention to the website, it really isn't doing the brand justice at the moment.

Really your dealer should be explaining what's going on but I can only imagine it is some attempt at cost saving by JMGales. I had always imagined they would prefer to paint the cars in batches where possible, reducing the numbers of colours available might make this simpler perhaps but from a recent factory visit I was told that they don't batch paint the cars anyway, so really it shouldn't make much difference what colour you order. Have you been offered the colour you want but at an increased price? Perhaps they are offering you what is available at the original agreed price? Special order paint used to be £1800 extra over here, I would be amazed if you couldn't have the colour you wanted, but it might cost you more to get it.

The darker Green is really nice but was never very popular over here, maybe they are discontinuing it?

But there's nowt wrong with the lighter green if its the same as Motorsport Green it's a great colour for an Evora. In fact I was very tempted by this car just because of the colour, at £49k brand new it was a steal, no wonder someone has snapped it up!

http://www.snowsgroup.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/3004250-lotus-evora-v6-2-sports-racer-v6-vvt-i/

10588493.1400878939601.D9F55EF4FF884C179479C0311C9AE06B.jpg

Evora-S-racing-green.jpg

I actually think it would be one of those colours you will be really glad you went for when you see it for the first time. It looks similar to laser blue which is not a colour I would have ordered but was amazed by when I saw it first hand. Serious wow factor.

If you are a blue fan; have you ever seen any shade of blue that did not work on the Evora?  They all look amazing.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

I have told the dealer I insist Lotus honor the original order they so gladly accepted a deposit on.

No reply back yet... but I'm honestly so happy today I just can't care right now.  (See what made you happy today thread.)