Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 59 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

On 9/29/2016 at 14:18, Colin G said:

How could we continue the sweeping generalised stereotype of all Americans being lazy, fat, Big Mac chomping lardbuckets if Lotus supplied all the manuals first? :P

Aren't their manufacturers kind of trying to keep manual transmission alive whereas here in Europe we're being told it's either no longer technically possible or that "nobody wants it"...*ahem* Lambo *ahem* 

Some of us don't care if 70 kg is required to press the clutch pedal!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 1 month later...

Quite like that. From some angles it looks like a modern pumped up version of a Lancia Stratos 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Eww - that doesnt work for me.

looks like it's trying too hard to be Kermit green a-la GT3RS.

sample phot using Scott's car (he's on here as a 2-eleven owner).

DSC_0325_zps3jtkubev.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So he wants an FType replacement... but classes the F as a super car?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Have to agree on the steering wheel, I hate the heavy sculpting and personally think it looks really shit. Might be good in the hands, but looks shit.

I much prefer my slightly thicker original early S1 steering wheel.  Not a fan of the all the cut-outs and shaping to be honest. And have I mentioned before how I hate those friggin' federal spec side reflectors. My god they don't look shit, they just look total shite!  They would have to go.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I love the shape of the Evora steering wheel, but not the leather they cover it in. Generally very cheap leather in the 400's interior.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Looks and sounds like Shmees older sibling. Nothing wrong with that I suppose. At least he did'nt try to hide his genuine surprise and excitement about the driving experience.

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

So he wants an FType replacement... but classes the F as a super car?

As you may remember, top of my paper list back in 2015 was the F Type and after driving thats where it stayed, top of the paper list

I couldn't afford the "R" so drove the "S" but I found it very sterile to drive and, apart from the nice exhaust sound, similar the XF i had a few years ago

Absolutely no where near the Evora for comparison, & that was pre 400

• Gold FFM

@PaulCP have you driven an XKR? I ask only because I drove an XKR-S when trying out other possibilties, car felt very much "old man" - all the controls were far too light, no feedback at all.

I didn't know how much the F-Type moved the game on. I know it looks much sharper, sportier, but I also know it isn't that different from the XKR underneath

James Martin (JayEmm)

I'm a fan of STG and I thought his comments were fair given that it was his first impression but I don't agree it feels raw. As for the steering wheel, I like the look of it, but not the feel of the lumps and bumps.

• Gold FFM

Neil Kinnock's son?

13 minutes ago, Inkyfingers said:

He's quite annoying.

I recognise him, but can't work out where from.

He is a dead ringer for Neil Kinnock's son, which could explain it:

5 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

@PaulCP have you driven an XKR? I ask only because I drove an XKR-S when trying out other possibilties, car felt very much "old man" - all the controls were far too light, no feedback at all.

I didn't know how much the F-Type moved the game on. I know it looks much sharper, sportier, but I also know it isn't that different from the XKR underneath

No I haven't..........................Did you ask because you thought of me as an "old man" :P:P

The F Type R is a completely different beast to the normal F Type. Haven't driven one but I've been in one and know someone who has a modified one

• Gold FFM

@FGA I suppose it could be if you've gotten used to a squishy big car like a Jag.

One of my next videos is going to be along the lines of why the Elise is the worst car Lotus have ever made. Not as a car, but for the company. They made it for so long and they've become synonymous with it, now people think all Lotus have ever made it tiny uncompromising little cars with no creature comforts. So many people - both keyboard warriors and genuine enthusiasts - don't really understand how a Lotus could be anything else.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

@blindside Maybe, but somehow think it's somebody i've met.

Anyway, my journey towards Evora ownership started with an F Type V6 S. I really liked it; the looks, the sound and even the handling, it knocked spots off the Porsche Cayman S I also drove, which felt totally soulless.

However, I was having trouble getting the purchase passed my 2 i\c who felt it was pointless buying a car we couldn't get the kids in, which got me thinking about the Evora. As soon as I made the decision to go and drive one, the outcome was inevitable.

I still wouldn't rule out an F Type at some point though,