Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 5 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

I think they have done a good job on the car but not to say anything needed fixing on the old one. Everything on 400 is fine and the real headlines are 22kg less and 55hp more. Styling should be a grower and wait to see the car at Geneva but the price, that take a little more swallowing.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I agree Trev.

I could see my way to affording a 2-3 year old car from a starting price of £55k. It should be down to £30-5. But at over £70 a 3 year old will, realistically, still be £10k outside my affordable range.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Do lotus over state speed figures? For example my isf books 0-60 in 4.8 but many tests have it at 4.2 or 4.3. I know it's not what the cars about and actually makes no difference but just wondering.

Stu

Interesting comments form MJK via Kimbers. I'm inclined to agree with the comments about preferring clean smooth lines (I love the original Evora look), but aggressive styling does seem to be in vogue at the moment. I guess it fits, I view my V6 Exige styling as aggressive rather than pretty and I think that really suits the Exige concept, but I wasn't so sure about that look on an Evora. If it helps sales though.....

I doubt they give figures that are'nt acheivable in whatever conditions they tested them in so really only a guide I think. I am more concerned with 0-100mph times as the 0-60 is a little outdated now.

Trevor.

After two days of looking at it from every angle and reading comments from soup to nuts, I realize that I don't mind or don't care so much about the design. The reason I got an Evora S was because the way it drives. I can't wait to read about the reviews of the 400 and get an answer to questions like does the lsd make a big difference? What about the revised manual tranny? Is the handling significantly different?

Do we know when Lotus will release the car to journalists? Or maybe they did already with an NDA until Geneva?

Edited by Lovedriving

meh...

I cannot and will not comment on any of the interior and performance upgrades i think these are fantastic (with the exception of the naf lettering on the console - will there be a de-badge option?!?!) the boost in performance is very welcome. I will however pass judgement on the styling;

This is such a missed opportunity. The evora (as is) looks great but is let down by the detailing (5 different typres of chicken wire thrown about the place and the awkward proportions. the car never photographs well but looks great in the flesh. However the nose has never been right... it keeps that cutesy "mouth" ala S1 elise/S2 elise. The evora is too big to maintain that, it needed more agression/stance both front and rear, Cue the GTE;

lotus__evora_gte__2012__012_530_zpssrmx7

one issue with the GTE however was THAT wing... I found this on the tinterwebs which i think looks pretty smart. so much more presence, width and a purposeful snout;

10502306_691255644244824_629844131421244

the rear aint bad too;

10264640_691254684244920_277715412654681

An issue with the 400 is that the top and bottom half of the car no longer seem to gel. it looks like a facelift, not a cohesive model. the rear is like an accident with a Nissan GTR and the front is just bizzare. infact the image of teh above car's rear looks far more acomplished.

My issue with the front is that the strakes either side of the cooling appature (beneath the lights) head almost vertically down, giving it an aftermarket feel - they should slant in, asin forwards or out a la GTE front above... at present they just dont sit right. - not very cohesive or flowing in my view.

lotus__evora_gte__2012__013_zpsjqti8tuu.

The hips on the Evora have always posed a problem too, the more agressive front and rear of the 400 make the hips look a little dainty especially with the black sills. Wack a big duct in there i say:

lotus-evora-gte-by-s-3_800x0w_zpsjaoriud

overall pleased with the performance & interior but a giant missed opportunity to tweak a pretty design that is not quite "there"

• Like 2

Clearly more "arty" than myself so not really got a clue what you are talking about except the rear GTR reference which is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pics. I'll have a MSG Cup please.

Trevor.

• Like 1

hopo, you've summarized it so well, I couldn't agree more. I'll even agree that the GTE wing would be too much for a regular model.

But does suit the nature of the GTE as a (very) special model.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

It would be great if Lotus released the GT350 (as above and without the wing) as a lower spec model to the 400, in the same way the Esprit S3 was to the Turbo Esprit. People could choice between the 2 designs and I'm sure it would be good for sales too.

Considering there will be no more GT350s, 400 Cup (or lightweight) for anyone? I'm guessing it will come sooner than later, probably along the Evora cabriolet early next year or maybe even late this year. Big GTE wing, revised front bumper with carbon bits, slightly redesigned side air intakes and vents, no rear seats (replaced by a roll-cage) and probably eligible for GT4 as is. I wonder how much extra weight saving can be done but probably another 10/15kg. Probably priced a tad below 90k.

I wonder if the engine as anything left to give, the Evora 400 is steering clear of the Cayman GT4, so I'm guessing JMG will just take a clear shot at the 911 GT3 which is a beast and a lot more powerful. Yet I don't think so as the Exige Cup has no more power than the regular V6 S.     

Everyone on PH worships at the altar of Chris Harris who in turns faces Stuttgart and prays 6 times a day... Got bored of PH a long time ago!

They do preach a bit, have to agree Bibs.

I like Harris though.. he can drive and commentate on the stuff a keen driver wants to know about.

Just read this thread on the 400 and beyond from them, it's good.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/lotus--evora-400-and-beyond/31661

Not a 400-specific feature, but... heated rear glass? I haven't driven my car in the winter yet but I know in comfortable weather, the rear glass gets too hot to touch after a short drive :)

I asked about this and was told it was a legal requirement in some markets.

Evora Roadster twelve months after the 400... Roadster with that sort of performance is getting quite exotic... all of a sudden £75-80k ish doesn't sound too bad for a car that can do 180mph.

5 foot tall at most in the back..

To allow anyone to sit properly in the back, the seats have to be so far forward it is then impossible to drive or quite uncomfortable for a front passenger.

In reality a rear passenger may prefer to sit sideways with legs up on the seat.

construction and property consultants : My company