Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 6 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

So current Evora owners with rear seats. How much space is there in the rear for passengers?.

Just asking for a friend...

Kids only! Same as a 911 basically. Let's not pretend, if like me you have a 5 & 2 year old it's not a problem. Legroom in the back is the compromise once the driver (I'm 6ft) is in position.

My wife is 5'0" and only barely just fits in the back, but she has to nod her head a bit and swing her legs sideways a bit even with the passenger seat slid all the way forward.

Still, usable :) Just don't try to get in there if you're of average height:

fjv1b.jpg

Edited by chylld

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

One small improvent I picked up on is the new Sparco seats will give you space to get your feet under them which will give short humans with legs some more space albeit not a lot but it will still seem a lot more

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Kids only! Same as a 911 basically. Let's not pretend, if like me you have a 5 & 2 year old it's not a problem. Legroom in the back is the compromise once the driver (I'm 6ft) is in position.

Gt thanks. Mines 8 yr old so might be ok. At Geneva I'll cram my 2 shortest staff in the rear and check out the improvement.

• Like 2

Black n gold

I was a bit surprised today to learn the the Evora 400 doesn't have a glove box. This seems s strange move to me. I just hope they've managed to squeeze some decent cubby holes in somewhere.

Where does one hear these pieces of info? 

Find that hard to imagine, and what would that under dash space be used for if not?

... all of a sudden £75-80k ish doesn't sound too bad for a car that can do 180mph.

In perspective, the last Esprit V8s sold in 2002 in the UK for just under £60K. Inflate that and you get £88K.

Seems to me the Evora 400 is a bit of a good deal.

Referring to this, his latest? Predicting the press to go all emporer's-new-clothes-ish before it happens

Really shocked by that. Slating a car before its even been seen, never mind driven, whilst promoting a german rival is low even by his standards. To suggest that any good reports of the car that do emerge are only blinkered nationalism is appalling. He has some nerve to suggest that his colleagues are being economical with the truth when I haven't read a single word of criticism from him about a Porsche in a decade. Evo magazine is routinely accused of being pro-Porsche, Autocar are no different, what the hell is he on about in this article?! He's the most biased journalist working today.

That's disgusting journalism. It's the sort of nonsense you read from a random contributor on Pistonheads, but for a "professional" journalist to write it is not far off libellous. All I can imagine is that he'd had a few too many when he submitted that, otherwise I hope he is ashamed of himself. Even the most myopic journalist can't damn a car they've never driven.

Hmm.. He's got a point about the British motoring press having rosy eyes for British cars. But this is also true of other countries press having rose tinted shades on their own manufactures. It's called being patriotic. Nothing wrong with backing your own!

A lot of points are valid but he's definitely forgotten what an Evora is like to drive. Lotus DNA is special.

A bit of a "look at me I know best article". I respect his analysis of cars he's driven but this is a bit harsh.

I'd love to know what Clarkson's view is... That's the one which will count.

Referring to this, his latest? Predicting the press to go all emporer's-new-clothes-ish before it happens

Precisely, having owned a 911 some ten years ago I can testify that they are by no means perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Expensive to buy, certainly expensive to run (never come back from Porsche with less than a 3k bill , and thoroughly clinical in its characteristics. but hey, Chris thinks they are perfect so I must be wrong.

Not sure, first views I thought "wow". Then had another look and felt disappointed. A few more days on and I'm working out how I find the money and which body parts I can sell.

I think the issue for me is the large sections of black plastic on the front... Maybe it's thhe way its photographed? Ultimately can't wait to see it in the flesh. I also see the design similarities to other marques with the interior like others have mentioned. Any bets on who the first on this forum will be to put down a deposit?

Can't agree with that AuRouge. British press is more pro-Porsche than pro Lotus. Look at Evo, half of them own 911's, Porsche reviews sell more magazines than Lotus and they spend far more on advertising and lavish press launches. Evo and the rest can't afford to upset either Porsche or Ferrari. Lotus is an easy target along with Aston Martin and Jaguar who all receive far more criticism in the UK press than Porsche do.

But Chris Harris was paid to write that. And also took the trouble to slate the new Evora in his spare time to his 94,000 Twitter followers for good measure. It will cost Lotus sales for sure and erode the confidence which is crucial for car sales at this end of the market. Potentially sue-able I'd say. The really hideous thing is that he's doing it all as a stunt to come across as the only journo with the balls to tell 'the truth'. Toxic individual.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't want a Cayman, Boxster or 911 anymore because when you are sitting at the traffic lights 30% of the time another mass produced Porsche will be sitting next to you. Additionally when the balding, fat guy sitting in his mass produced Porsche smiles and gives you the thumbs up, it turns my stomach. In 6 months of owning an Evora I've never seen another. Some may argue that this proves the Porsche is better, but having owned both I'd never go back again. The Evora is the best kept secret. It's just not a special event to drive a Porsche. My everyday Merc feels too close.

I also make a point of parking my Evora right next to any Porsche model in a car park when I can and then watch as people completely ignore the Porsche and gape open mouthed at the Evora! Anyone else do this?

• Like 2

Any bets on who the first on this forum will be to put down a deposit?

I know of some people on TLF who have had deposits down on the 400 since last year.

That is shocking journalism from Harris. The Car Throttle poll which has had over 2000 votes has the Evora as the publics favourite, he's probably been put up to this by Porsche to explain that.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

As always chris is all over pork and that's that. Comparing it to a Cayman is wrong, I really do believe the majority of the public will really like its styling. Also complaining it is a facelift? Does he ever complain when the next 911 looks identical to all its predecessors? Nope... Absolute tosh article and what I am growing to expect from him. If it's bot German he rarely races about it.

There's a short piece about the Evora 400 in the Driving section of the Sunday Times. It majors on the extra 'creases' in the bodywork but is largely complimentary.

Edited by the83man

Mike S