Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2015 Photos Thread - Page 3 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2015 Photos Thread

Just signed up for the forums, I was Filip (Escape)'s co driver yesterday. I took many, many pictures, and I have uploaded them all:

The Lotus event

Brooklands museum and MB World

A few teasers:

g7NV1n7h.jpg

xPtfcBWh.jpg

dqWhSFah.jpg

I had a great time yesterday, had fun marshalling as well :) I'll be back!

• Like 1

Took a couple of very good pictures of the track with the convoy of cars from the advantage position of the outside high level viewing platform but as usual my IT skills do not allow me to upload them. If someone could give me their email I can send them across for uploading. Thanks

Just signed up for the forums, I was Filip (Escape)'s co driver yesterday. I took many, many pictures, and I have uploaded them all:

The Lotus event

Brooklands museum and MB World

I had a great time yesterday, had fun marshalling as well :) I'll be back!

Hi Fillip,

Trust you guys got home ok with no further issues with the translator bolt working loose?

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Thats a real shame, I thought you had done great getting all the 150 miles from Norwich in quite an old car. How far did you get? 

I was trying to get a pic of you on track but later saw there were 2 Europas. Is this yours?

Buddsy

I got about as far as the Mercedes dealership. Scratching my head trying to work it out as the water pump is at the front of the engine up against the bulk head , I had to get my iPhone in there to take a photo, thought it might have been a stuck thermostat. Not the end of the world really. Ordered the part today for £11. I have been to goodwood and brand hatch in it so don't let it out you off. Cracking day and the transporter lorry driver was a good chap who loved his cars so rambled on about cars all the way home. Thanks for getting a pic of the car in track that's the one.

11218783_704366189674647_831703106528879

In a stark contrast to last years apocalyptic rain, TLF members enjoyed a beautiful day of sunshine at this years TLF International Lotus Day on Sunday 10th May. Held in the grounds of Mercedes-Benz World and Brooklands Museum in Weybridge, well over 200 Lotus cars attended with over 500 visitors on the day. The main attractions included a huge car park full of Lotus cars dominating the old airstrip, a Concours with close to 30 entrants and 4 of the 5 Evora GTE's in the UK. Visitors were also able to pre-book a photo with their car parked under the Brooklands Concorde and at the end of the day close to 50 of our members cars drove onto the iconic Brooklands Banking for a group photo. This photo will be available for wallpaper download as our Picture of the Month for May and prints will be available shortly.

Well known and prolific Lotus author William Taylor was also in attendance with the Worldwide exclusive launch of his new book 'Lotus, The Marque' and brought along a Lotus 22 Formula Junior which took pride of place in the Concours area. The entrants of the Concours were also lead out onto the MBW track for a series of parade laps lasting 20 minutes then with group pictures being taken at lunchtime.

2015 Concours winners:

• Best pre-1986 - Barries Cornes | Essex Esprit
  • Best post-1985 - Chris Cole | Esprit Turbo
  • Best post-2000 - James Watson | Lotus Evora
  • 'William Taylor' Award - Phil Pigrim| Excel SE
  • Overall Winner - Jon Roberts | Esprit S1

IMG_1453_Small-600x400.jpg

Feedback from the event has been excellent which you can read here and more of the visitors pictures can be seen here. We're very encouraged by the turnout and are already planning for 2016! Thanks to MBW and Brooklands Museum for their assistance with the day and use of their facilities, and it's great that we helped with fundraising for the Museum and Concorde funds. Thanks also to nineteen80one.com for the pictures and a huge thank you to all the people who travelled from far and wide to make this event such a success!

Keep up with plans for next years event on the forums here and through our dedicated facebook page for the event.

Click for full article

A plea to all who attended. I have a pal locally who I helped rebuild his 85 TE a lovely ice blue one, reg B *** FOG.

He attended MBW event and thoroughly enjoyed himself but forgot to take his camera!

Does anyone have a shot of his car ?

Regards

John

(Wife is Sue (Boots) who had an 84 TE also in ice blue)

I'm loving Malcoms pic of the Lotus single seater (type 27?) with the evora looming behind it in soft focus.....

I think it tells the story of Lotus, where the companies roots are and what their future is.

nominating it for "picture of the month" next month!

Dunc

• Gold FFM

Great pics. :thumbsup: 

There is one of an LF1 (gold wheels, can't see a front plate) which could quite happily go in the "How's my parking?' thread. :hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A plea to all who attended. I have a pal locally who I helped rebuild his 85 TE a lovely ice blue one, reg B *** FOG.

He attended MBW event and thoroughly enjoyed himself but forgot to take his camera!

Does anyone have a shot of his car ?

See the above posters photos John, there is one of the car amongst them

• Like 1

I'm loving Malcoms pic of the Lotus single seater (type 27?) with the evora looming behind it in soft focus.....

I think it tells the story of Lotus, where the companies roots are and what their future is.

nominating it for "picture of the month" next month!

Dunc

Bibs has already declared the winner for May to be one of the Brooklands banking shots, but we have a wealth of photos to choose between for June. Picking a winner won't be easy!