Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
If you love your dogs... - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

If you love your dogs...

Loose Cannon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks , all of you ,for your kind words.

Yesterday, I looked some random foto's and home made video's. It really hurt, but they showed me what I already knew. We had a fantastic and active time together. Everyone in the village must have seen this guy with the sheppard dog running next to his bicycle.

Geert

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So sorry Geert. They really do become part of the family - the best part.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Very sad.

We have a JRT which we got as a puppy. She's 6 now. We also have a JRT cross Border Terrier we took in after his owner died, he'd been stuck with her body alone for over a week. It took him over a year to fully settle. He had surgery on his left back leg three weeks ago - his leg is now know as "my new Lotus" as that's where the funds came from to pay the vets fee.

Started hydrotherapy this week - he's had better care than at most hospitals.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The dogs of Lotus...

post-12365-0-05453000-1439215950.jpg

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

These are my two...

Milly the Boxer who has just turned 1 year old and Max the Staffordshire Bull Terrier who is 6.

post-4276-0-87197000-1439220821.jpg

post-4276-0-89687100-1439221055.jpg

post-4276-0-99564200-1439221120.jpg

• Like 1

It's getting there......

This is our dog Snickers. Adopted him at the local pet rescue at age 5 and he's now 15.5 yrs (he was given up because he started marking the house when a couple had a baby and they couldn't work it out). He's never been a problem with us. We thought he was on his way out several months ago because he was wincing in pain, but generic Rimadyl has worked wonders and while he goes down stairs slower these days he still runs fast outside to retrieve balls. He's the best camping dog ever(quiet as a mouse and people don't even notice him at first). I know it's gonna hurt bad when he goes having been around so long and he's at/near the normal life expectancy, but we're grateful each day we have him. My wife woke up suddenly from a nightmare a few weeks ago telling me he was gone, but  much relief when I wandered over to his pillow and rubbed his nose and he woke up wondering why we were waking him from his deep sleep. 

post-9355-0-46753100-1439231675.jpg

• Like 1

After the horrible experience of Keepers dead some months ago, some good news....

Some people advised me that a new dog (friend) would help me to deal with the mourning process. They are right.

I adopted Junior,a long heared german sheppard from an animal shelter. He was born 2 days earlier then Keeper so he soon becomes 4 year.

He's a beautiful calm dog, with a good nature. He was trained in the past and reacts very good with visitors, other animals and our new kitten. Couldn't have dreamed of a sweeter new friend in the family. I started to built up his endurance, because the last years it seems he was really forgotten, no walks, nothing. In a months time he became stronger and I can go cyclobiking with him. my wife goes twice a week to the dog school and he does very well.

He is a big dog with his 65cm (withers) and 38kg.

Geert

IMG_20150811_075223_edit_edit_zps0xvammr

IMG_20150810_211118_edit_zpsrmilpfde.jpg

Edited by gvy
  • Like 2

Great news Geert. I've just joined the dog owning club with Maverick, a fox red Labrador. Can't wait until he's had his jabs and we can get out for walks (especially to the pub!). We'd only had him for 2 days before I knew he was a kindred spirit. He was outside with me whilst I was washing the Esprit when I lost sight of him. I heard a rustling noise and found him under the car. He managed to wiggle out and had a lovely streak of oil on his face and back - just like me after spannering with the car!

Maverick_zpsqcrdg1dy.jpg

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

He's the fist dog I've been responsible for!

My folks always had dogs and bought their first two puppies when I was 6 months old so I have literally grown up with them, all labradors. Their last one died a few years ago. Now I have a 3 year old son we decided he needed a partner in crime as well as me needing the excuse to walk to the pub!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

After the horrible experience of Keepers dead some months ago, some good news....

Some people advised me that a new dog (friend) would help me to deal with the mourning process. They are right.

I adopted Junior,a long heared german sheppard from an animal shelter. He was born 2 days earlier then Keeper so he soon becomes 4 year.

He's a beautiful calm dog, with a good nature. He was trained in the past and reacts very good with visitors, other animals and our new kitten. Couldn't have dreamed of a sweeter new friend in the family. I started to built up his endurance, because the last years it seems he was really forgotten, no walks, nothing. In a months time he became stronger and I can go cyclobiking with him. my wife goes twice a week to the dog school and he does very well.

He is a big dog with his 65cm (withers) and 38kg.

Geert

Very sorry to read bout you loss Geert...

At least you ended up with a new friend, and I'm sure he is very grateful for being rescues from the shelter.

All the best,

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

He looks so relieved to have some caring human company. It's tragic, we as humankind created the domestic dog as a creature that cannot realistically fend for itself and yet neglect and abuse them at will.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Looks like my post got cut short, probably due to me struggling to get the images in, sorry 'bout that.

It wanted to add he had a good walk in the shelter and immediately made friends with the caretakers and other inhabitants.

He has since had an operation, which went well, his furcoat is improving rapidly and the limp seems caused by old age artrosis, treatable with medication to relieve the pain. So he's doing quite well (all things considered).

As Mark said, what he really needed most was some caring human company! :gathering:

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 3 weeks later...