Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Barge boards - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

Ordered a set of barge boards from Lotus Motorsport today. They are on back order, expected to be in stock by the end of the month.

Must-resist-doing-more-modifications....

Out of interest how much are they?

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Got a call from Brandon in MMC today who had got a set out of Lotus Motorsport - they'll be going on Scarlett soon right after the black gloss on the front splitter and side sills.  Can't wait....   :ball:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Nor can I!  I'll look forward to seeing on your car.  I have wondered about them with the pro's and con's.  I love black on the red car and wondered if a bit lost with the black sills we have.  However bigger concern is the likelihood of them becoming inadvertent steps for pax who don't know.  Not that many pax granted.  However the protection of the sills was a positive.  Hmmmm.

I still have my front splitter to fit which I bought at Xmas and I have carbon A frame covers "in the post" so will now have to get these jobs done now weather warmer to lie on the garage floor with my old creaky bones.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

How much are Lotus ones?

There are aluminium powder coated ones for sale on Seloc @ £194 delivered.

Might be quicker/cheaper than Lotus?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Yes, the aluminium ones are great, an easy fit and do not require any drilling !

post-1877-0-96003100-1433406856.jpg

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I contacted Fraser (Frizz) re the Aluminium ones. He makes in batches of at least 5 and has a group buy on the Forum with one taker so far. I was going to be the second then got the call from MMC who will be doing the fitting so no drilling for me personally - thank god!

Heard nothing but good things about Frasers boards after doing a lot of research.

I get my sills painted black in 2 weeks so then sticking the boards on should mean I do need to armour guard them, i hope...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So how much are the Lotus boards, or is it a secret? :P

So how much are the Lotus boards, or is it a secret? :P

No secret just did not have info to hand. I believe they are £300 plus vat.

The small print.

Try describing what they are to an insurance company!! Now that was a bigger challenge than fitting them.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

£295 + VAT and p&p if I got it right.

Regarding the name don't blaim the messenger, it's Lotus themselves who has named them barge boards :-D

Tempted by the A panels as well, but £595 + VAT an p&p is a bit steep in my opinion.

Nice cladding / decking / lil step.......... Not a barge board though

Not us you need to convince Barry, but Lotus Motorsport themselves.

Barge Boards

200px-Evora_GTN_-_Bodywork_-_Barge_Board
magnify-clip.png

Part No: ALS5V0050J

Providing a larger underfloor surface area to increase downforce by increasing the effective floor area. Supplied in painted gloss block.

Kit Price: £295

I fancy the A panels next, followed by the GRP engine cover to replace the rear glass.

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't suppose anyone does aluminium ones in natural/coloured anodized finish? My Carbon Grey SR really doesn't need any more dark accents but a bit of silver or metallic colour down low might look good...

Gravel - Fraser on SELOC, iirc, makes his out of aluminium and then he paints them black or carbon wraps them. Ask him to do you a set "naked"!  He has lots of very happy customers with them and you don't need to drill holes to fit them either.

The small print.

I am after barge boards in Black to go with my car after having the sills done gloss black, I spoke to MMC and if i mind right the price i was quoted was around £500 with VAT not sure if that was fitted also but pretty steep, personally i don't want to spend much more than a few hundred, 

can anyone tell me a link where i can buy them cheaper else where and if there easily fitted ? 

Ps....get my 2BULAR valved exhaust fitted tomorrow at MMC aswel as a full service 

Hmmm, I got them done last week and bill was £675 all done from MMC. The price of the boards seems to have increased to £375 ex vat and £300 to fit seems a bit tough too. I was going to query the price back with them as it was a bit of a shock as when I picked the car up was in a hurry to get going as late.

They do look great though.

The small print.

Seloc ones are made of aluminium and are £200

Seloc Barge Board thread

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

The problem with the genuine barge boards is that they need to be fixed all along their length and need (iIRC) something like 7 holes drilled in the tub on each side. theyvare also made of wood. These 2 things stopped me from fitting them until I found Frasers, fitted them and started the SELOC thread. Given the need to mark up and drill holes I am not surprised there is a sizeable labour charge.

The aluminium ones make use of existing fixings front and rear and are bonded along their length, so easier to fit and can be removed without damage/holes being left.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Yup, you are correct which makes me wonder why (1) I chose official Lotus and (2) why they made it from wood and at that price for purchase and installation. Maybe Lotus is becoming more like Porsche????

The small print.

Do alumini ones increase the flat floor area and hence downforce or just look good? A lot of floor ex toons and splitters in Motorsport are made of wood. It's light for it's strength and easy to repair.

Marine ply is often used, you're right.

The barge boards will help with less air under the car, but I'd not expect much more than 'negligible'. What they will help with though is keeping the sides of the car clean :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I guess I just really like how they make the car look. It's a personal thing but after being on some shitty wet roads they and the car sides will take some cleaning as they seemed to attract the mud splashed up.

The small print.