Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Traction control light - I need your help?! - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Traction control light - I need your help?!

I am supposed to be driving at Dunsfold for a charity event on Sunday - the traction control off light keeps coming on and switching off the sport button...

Any ideas of the issue or how to reset it apart from switching ignition off an restarting?!

Come along if you are free it is a great day!!

http://www.thesupercarevent.com

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Several owners on Lotustalk who had TC issues reported that a faulty brake pedal sensor was causing it. Some were able to adjust the sensor. Others had the sensor replaced.

More info here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/very-frustrated-now-traction-control-light-ahhhhhh-299010/

Rob,

I also had an issue with a false contact in the sensor for the break pedal which resulted in an electronic fault. The car was running well but sport mode would disengage as soon as I touched the brake... I got in touch with Lotus, who talked to my dealer. It was all solved with some grease on the contact point, apparently.

A very easy and quick fix in my case. There is apparently a service note about this.

I am having a similar issue but with the other traction control light (not the off one)

I start the car in sport mode and fairly quickly sports mode goes off and the light comes on. If I turn the car off and start again it is fine, it has done it twice in the last couple of days. :(

No EML's either

I am having a similar issue but with the other traction control light (not the off one)

I start the car in sport mode and fairly quickly sports mode goes off and the light comes on. If I turn the car off and start again it is fine, it has done it twice in the last couple of days. :(

No EML's either

Same as my issue!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Just checked the service notes, it's five clicks, so push the plunger in completely, pull it out five clicks and reinstall the sensor.

Edited by YvoTuk

Cheers Bibs its going in on Monday for a few small bits, I will ask if they can have a look

Ok so apparently this might be the yaw rate sensor/wiring on mine, they are having it back in a few weeks to figure it out.

Part 4 below

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=1&MDL=20&TBL=5606&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

• 2 years later...

I got the dreaded issue of being kicked out of sports mode and traction control off until an engine restart a few weeks ago.   As soon as it started happening, i couldn't complete a single journey without re-occurrence.  

I must admit I don't quite understand the relationship electronically between the brake light switch and traction control??  Nevertheless seems like from this forum, re-positioning / cleaning  contacts / replacing brake light switch most commonly fixes it.

As it's a cheap part, I started first with replacement.  I ordered this one from the US, mostly because the Product Description read like a good prognosis of my issue.

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/grp-brake-pedal-switch-evora/

It was branded Saab / GM  so may be the same part referenced elsewhere on the forums (i didn't check).  If it is, I do not know if they have modified it.  It was not as fat as the original part, but fitted fine and took all of about 2 minutes with zero tools.  Counted the clicks (5) and checked length of actuator matched original.

A week of use confirms issue is fully resolved.  Nice to have a cheap DIY fix for an annoying issue. 

Edited by w022a
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I seem to have possibly encountered this issue with traction control light staying on. My symptoms are, the traction control light stays lit in centre of dash and in the bottom on digital display it says "TC FAULT". My car is a 2020 exige 410 which i just took delivery of 3 weeks ago and has only 500kms on the clock....so im still running it in and havent undertaken spirited drives yet except for the occasional burst up to 5k RPMS as per the manual.

My light came on while i was putting along down the road and i tried turning off ignition at every stop light and starting it up again....the light would dissapear and come back again shortly after......now after discovering some of these threads about the issue, i seem to recall the light coming back after i pressed brakes again but im not 100% sure as i didnt know of this problems root cause at the time to know what triggers the light.....

Is this normal to happen to a brand new car?? 

It doesnt let me go into sport or race mode when light is on and i was in tour mode when it first started happening with the TC light fyi

If i want to trouble shoot myself....do i need to lower my body upside down into the footwell, push some plunger all the way in and then release back 5 clicks? Going to need a yoga session to get under there