Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back to wheels - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back to wheels

I know I've brought this subject up before and settled with the OZ's  ----but----

I made a careful inspection of mine today and I can see signs of buckling.  It does not affect the driving at all and you have to be a very keen and accurate eye to stand two feet back and notice it.

Can they be unbuckled? Anyone done this?

Also - couldn't resist:

http://www.performancealloys.com/alloy-search-results.aspx?ModelID=5058&PCDID=18

The whees at the bottom right look nice - not far off the last V8's

• Gold FFM

I've got a small buckle in my front - you really don't need to hit a big pot hole very hard at all to damage these rims.

I'm sure they'd knock back

Only here once

I know I've brought this subject up before and settled with the OZ's  ----but----

I made a careful inspection of mine today and I can see signs of buckling.  It does not affect the driving at all and you have to be a very keen and accurate eye to stand two feet back and notice it.

Can they be unbuckled? Anyone done this?

Also - couldn't resist:

http://www.performancealloys.com/alloy-search-results.aspx?ModelID=5058&PCDID=18

The whees at the bottom right look nice - not far off the last V8's

There are places that refurbish and repair 3-piece split rims, but they are few and far between. A lot of places won't touch them with a barge pole, they'll do 2-piece, but not 3-piece, so make sure they know what you you have before you take them in. Be prepared for a large bill. The last price I to refurb to as new standard for the 4 OZ Futura wheels was £720, from a guy in Sheppey.

Margate Exotics.

For the moment the home budget has been cut for cosmetic repairs so I was just seeing the approach others would take - so thank you for the info.  Useful for future decisions.

In the 'old' days at the tyre depot we used to use a soft rubber mallet and whack the f***r back in to shape!

I assume the saturns are the S4 standard fit?

Re - refurbishment - the figure mentioned is more than http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?ID=4895

(How alloys' have come down in price over the years!)

I got my Futuras done a few years ago at Voodoo Motorsport. They were fairly reasonable but can't remember exactly what I paid. They did a fantastic job on them though. There are some pictures of my car with the refurbed wheels in the gallery on their website.

Cheers,

Steve.

My advice would be to keep the original wheels for when you come to sell the car. If anyone want to buy an S4s, they'll be looking for original OZ Futuras, I know I would. Then it's up to you what wheels you use in the meantime.

Margate Exotics.

Futuras or nothing man. No doubt about it. Get 'em refurbed!

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I assume the saturns are the S4 standard fit?

)

post-11335-0-83136000-1435339914.jpg

I think they were also fitted to the s4s

Oh man blue and magnolia....

I believe S4s (bar the US model) got Futuras. Saturns were specced for '98 MY V8's, while the GT3s got the S4 standards (do those even have a name?)

• Like 1

Some very cheeky responses - not naming anyone but 50 quid - LOL

If I do get different wheels the OZ's will be kept in a carcoon - no doubt about that.

London is so 'anti esprit'-

Totally bust the under bumper 'lip', speed humps as big as snowdon and deers running out on to the road.

Ok - I cant blame the third issue on London.

Amazingly my first thought after hitting the deer was sorriness for the dear - with thoughts like putting him/her out of it's pain and off to deer heaven. After 5 minutes I got really annoyed at the potential damage to the Lotus - gertting home I slowly walked to the left side and only the wing mirror got smashed.

Stimpy, that's crap luck, but it could've been worse. I remember a guy on here totalled his S4 after his first deer encounter....

Oh no! Did you REALLY say that ........tip - NEVER do any 'stand-up'

re wingmirror damage only: when i hit the poor bastard it made a very load bang, like a thunder clap. It was REAL loud.
So whe I looked for damage there was only a wiing mirror that took the brunt. Additionally there was 'deer fur' wedged into the induction bit before the rear wheel. Not enough to knit a nice jumper, but there you go.

Vanya - totally true - if you hit one of those things head on then it can result in double carnage. Sh*t if I was one second later at the point of impact......(it was attempting to cross the road).

I must have dark humour - once i saw a photo of an intercity 125 after a cow strike and the shape of the cow was embedded into the front of the train. I really shouldn't laugh.

Right - about to hit the traders stand at goodwood. Where's me wallet.....

Stimpy, that's crap luck, but it could've been worse. I remember a guy on here totalled his S4 after his first deer encounter....

That reminds me - I need to take photos of the car to send to the insurers. For the moment if I have a big bash they'd write it off due to lack of 'valuation report' derived from the photos

• Gold FFM

I'm really not sure you need to tenderise venison in the same way as beef.

You could have just shot it instead of clubbing it to death with the esprit..........animal rights will be on here soon.

No one mention badgers for Chris's sake

Only here once

Wow - home after a day at FOS, with a well behaved stag and well behaved family.  Almost.

I always mix veal and venison (not in the cooking sense).  I don't think I've had either.  Seems that my Esprit has enjoyed very rare venison by head butting it.  (Well 'ear butting' I guess).  I managed to spend nothing at the traders @ goodwood.  That's a first.  Almost bought an orbital waxing thing but resisted.  Back to the dear deer.  I couldn't - realistically - go back to check as its on a bad corner at night with no street lights.  Oh gaaawd I'm feeling terrible and guilty again.  And the deer was young. Gah! How long did it live for?  did I leave a hazard on the road?  Oh jeez you've all made me paranoid, sad and terribly guilty (and I wouldn't expect less lol) :-) 

---tangent

Ok - Weird idea put into action (@FOS)  - an esprit being used on the rally circuit (although I didn't go and see it, I was too late).  I wonder what his bumper lower lip thing looks like....

Sparky - no need to worry there , mate.  Just remember the government is watching you.  All the time.  I like the term 'counter intuitive' but ironically I can't use it to make my point stronger yet there's a lot of 'mini topics', which is counter intuitive.

I hate the word 'narrative' - everyone seems to be using it these days. Why?

I'm awake.  I'm going to work on the f***ing mini in about 15 mins.  Bastard

attachicon.gif2012-01-28 16.35.01.jpg

I think they were also fitted to the s4s

That's a nice looking vehicle.  Can I have your lip/bib thing, please?

W

That's a nice looking vehicle.  Can I have your lip/bib thing, please?

thank you .

I'll swap it for your wheels  :D

Erm.....

How about the spare?  It's really nice and probably original.

It's obviously designed for speed due to its thin size.......  :harhar:

While we're talking about purchase/swap etc - I'm gong to privatise my number plate N51 RAP.  IT's now been about 5 people who have randomly said I should sell it so here's an advert for the 'locals' (here) first.

Anyone know how to get an estimate for a reg plate to see if its worth it?

i'd keep the reg no:  it'll blend perfectly with the max power stylee wheels you were showing us & the b&q sourced 2x1" you'll attach to the front end  :harhar: