Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants meet up - Page 25 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

Chaps, Thank you for making me feel so welcome last night. Lovely to have a chat and a quick look over the cars. can't wait for the nicer weather and the lighter evenings, so that I can see them all properly.

Looking forward to the Feb meet up!

All the best.

Doing a trackday at Silverstone that day but that's pretty much on my way home. Mondays would definitely be easier for me.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

It was a good evening, as always.

The next meeting is on the 26th of February at the Empress of Blandings between Cadnam and Ower http://www.empressofblandings.co.uk/

We have chosen a Monday to see if that suits more people.

I seem to recall that Dave was suggesting a Sunday Morning run to Brighton. Anyone up for it?

@pbharcourt I understand that Rainx is quite a good product!

Yes, a very enjoyable evening and lots of wet Loti in the car park!

+1 for Rainex. I use it and I have a wiper too. Belt and braces I know...

I'm definitely in for a Sunday Brighton run. If people also wanted to do a shorter Sunday 'cars and coffee' run/meet we could have a drive up to the cafe at the Goodwood track (see further up this thread)? Maybe pick a day when there's something happening on track to watch.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

We used to do a nice run to Brighton for fish and chips, everyone would meet at Pease Pottage and park in the multistory in the marina (although the ramps are very steep there so perhaps there's somewhere better). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm up for 26th! Likely to be in the Alfa though as time to crack on with the winter work on the Esprit. Don'y worry, I'll come in via the back door so as not to embarrass anyone...

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi Chris

We meet all over the place. The closest to Portsmouth has been The Ship at Langstone, I think. Since we are spread as far as Hythe, Whitchurch, Hook and Portsmouth we tend to move about a bit. If you would like to suggest somewhere and a time, I am sure we are up for it!

Kevin 

Where are you Chris? I'm probably the furthest East at the moment in Emsworth

As Kev says, we've met at Langstone before and last time at Petersfield, which is easy enough up the A3 from our side...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Of those of us that turn up regularly for a beer @The Pits is the only avid track day driver. You may have seen some pictures of his GT430? We are hoping to  see it on Monday in the flesh. He is driving back from a trackday at Silverstone, I believe.

The rest of us regulars have road cars - unless you call @DaveC72 's 400 a track car? And @Simon Gooding turned up in something pretty sporty last month.

I believe that @Spinney may turn up one day - he has been threatening - and I think that he is into his track days too.

Hi Guys,

Would you mind if i came along to the meet on Monday? (weather permitting). Im keen to meet some other like minded people, especially as the nicer weather will be on its way soon

Zaine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Of those of us that turn up regularly for a beer @The Pits is the only avid track day driver. You may have seen some pictures of his GT430? We are hoping to  see it on Monday in the flesh. He is driving back from a trackday at Silverstone, I believe.

The rest of us regulars have road cars - unless you call @DaveC72 's 400 a track car? And @Simon Gooding turned up in something pretty sporty last month.

I believe that @Spinney may turn up one day - he has been threatening - and I think that he is into his track days too.

I will, indeed, turn up at a meeting. Just not this one, unfortunately, as I’m away on holiday again. It’s a tough life but somebody’s got to do it!:)

As Kevin says, I am a trackaholic and looking forward to my first of the season with the Exige at Castle Combe on March 14th, being run by the Brooklands Trust. 

I hope to make the next meeting though for a beer and to catch up with you Kevin. I can’t believe it’s been well over 6 years since that meeting in your office! 

Edited by Spinney

Whos going tonight. Still might turn up if enough interest. Although after last week it appears the Highways Agency got some salt, grit, sand & cement for Xmas and decided to spread as much as possible on every local bloody road last Wednesday !  However its dry so could be tempted !

@The Pits did you do your trackday today ?

Edited by WillyT

• Gold FFM

HI WillyT

I am going tonight. My mate, Peter, who brought his 111s along last month is coming too. I have got another friend coming - Simon - he will either bring his M100 or his 60's Elan. Not sure yet. 

So I will be having a beer and a chat with at least two mates!

The snow seems to be holding off at the moment, so I don't need the skis!

I will be coming as well, although will probably need the sneak off a bit early as I have an early start in the morning, driver registration from 7.30 am @ Goodwood. That might be interesting with a dusting of snow and Cup 2 tyres!!

Will need all the sleep I can get for that one!

I'm aiming for 7.30??

Sorry I didn’t make it in the end. Left Silverstone early when it started snowing. Was happy to hang up my keys by the time I got back. Good day up there considering the weather but very cold so just a chance to learn a bit more about the car. Initial impressions are good!