Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants meet up - Page 30 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants meet up

Bibs

3 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

The clutch went on the Esprit on Sunday so I am not going to Ypres tonight. I am, however, going to the Sir Alec Rose (in my wife's Yeti!) to see my mates off.

If I get the clutch fixed this week, I will go to Ypres on Friday using the tunnel instead.

Another one of the cars has had to drop out too (lost passport) so the line up looks like: Baby Elan, M100 and 2 x Elise tonight!

Gutted for you Kev. Hope you can get it fixed quickly.

I'll still come down tonight in the Esprit for a drink and to say Hi

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Right chaps. I had a couple of lovely pints last weekend at the Wonston Arms, funnily enough in Wonston. The landlord is awesome and couldn't get enough of the Esprit - you can see the pics on their facebook page. So after a nice chat I mentioned about our lovely little gatherings. They have very little parking, in fact half a dozen of us would fill most of the car park but, and this is the but...the landlord has offered to open the pub on a Monday night EXCLUSIVELY for us (they're normally closed) if we can find a mutually convenient date. He'd then advertise it to get some folk round to ogle the cars and make a few extra pennies. I know it's a bit of  a trek for some of you and if the chap is opening up especially there needs to be some amount of commitment as I'd like to be able to show my face there again, so who's up for it?

Pete

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Well I don't mind a bit of ogling so I'd be up for the drive over one Monday. Looks like a nice spot.

Embarrassed to say it might be my longest distance driven yet in the Esprit...😮 Although I didn't once take it abroad to the IOW.

• Like 1

Great work Pete, not too far away if I’ve got the right pub!

Let's aim for June lads. Chuck me potential dates and I'll check with our host. I'm good for all June Mondays.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Deffo can't do the 4th but the others look OK at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah crap. Sorry chaps, I've been slack on this and am currently away. I will see if 25th is still a possibility and let you know otherwise I get some other dates asap. Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Anybody fancy meeting at chandlers ford race centre (£40) for a GP drive three sessions and then a swift pint in the steel tank?

24 minutes ago, pbharcourt said:

Anybody fancy meeting at chandlers ford race centre (£40) for a GP drive three sessions and then a swift pint in the steel tank?

Working today, but I’d be very keen for this another day.

• Gold FFM

Can't do the 7th or the 18th to the 22nd otherwise any time!

1974 GP cars suits me fine. Not so sure about being put in a steel tank. Is there a door? And a bar?

Hi Guys,

99% confirmed for Monday 25th June at The Wonston Arms SO21 3LS. Landlord is just checking with SWMBO it's OK to open up on their normal day off but he's well up for it.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks Pete. The date is good for me but the Esprit is in need of 2 new ally coolest pipes through the chassis so it's touch and go whether the car will be back on the road as I'm away 2 of the 3 weekends between now and then. 

I'll come along either way, hopefully in a fixed Esprit...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Kevin Wheeler @The Pits @eeyoreish @DaveC72 @Nelly @pbharcourt @BfranklynV6 @Trevsked

Right chaps. Landlord of the Wonston Arms has confirmed he's happy to open up for us on Monday 25th June. I hope we can show a decent turnout to make it worth his while and I'd appreciate if you could let me know if you are planning to come along. I think we ought to have at least half a dozen cars if possible otherwise call it off. And if your Lotus is broken, come anyway and spread the word!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Dammit. I have to declare membership of the 'my Lotus is broken' club. My alloy coolant pipes all need replacing so the Esprit is currently up on ramps waiting for more bits to be removed and me to get my ass in gear and order all the new bits. Then there's the small task of lowering the rad pack and removing the gear selector to feed the new pipes through the chassis (hopefully with a helper).

Anyway, I digress. I'll come along to this of course but I won't be in the Esprit 😢

• Like 1

Steering & brakes, details... 😬

Could be a plan if you're sure. Mine definitely won't be fixed by then as I have other interesting 'distractions' between now and then. If all else fails I'll be there in the Jag to show my support!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

If you recall from driving it - a small amount of play in the steering - maybe the UJ and the brakes judder a bit. Since I am taking it round the Le Mans Classic track in a couple of weeks I thought I would get them fixed. I am away next week so hopefully I can get it back on Monday 25th. 

Assuming so you can come and drive it after work. I will PM you on the 25th.

Yes, I'd be coming to the pub direct from work anyway so I could easily come to yours first if things fall into place. Be good to get a full display of Lotuses if we can after Pete's gone to the effort of setting this up for us

• Like 1