Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finally done it - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Finally done it

PaulCP

Well, after 3 months of trailing the Evora forum gathering information I have finally taken the agonising decision to sell the VX220 that I have owned for nearly 14 years and signed up to buy an Evora S  :thumbsup: 

Amazingly, the VX sold within 24 hours of advertising it so now just a week long wait before taking delivery of its replacement. Hope I've made the right decision, it has a lot to live up to

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Evoras are awesome, I'd love one, great choice! But 14 years is good going in a VX220, the Evora will seem very luxurious and refined. Welcome to TLF.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Paul. :welcome:

I don't know about the VX220, but the people I know here that have Evoras, love them, so I think you'll be fine.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome Paul and I know you will love the Evora! Look forward to hearing about your various escapades and thoughts!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Thanks guys for all of the comments

@Dave, I doubt I will regret buying the Evora, the bit I might regret is selling the VX. It was an amazing track car but somewhat compromised for my other needs as the years went on. Only wish I could have found a way to keep it as well as the Evora but in the end it didn't make sense. It was in such good condition it needed to be driven and, other than TDs, it was just stuck in my garage.

@Tony, looking forward to catching up on the Frolic. Will be bringing the Evora but probably limiting the track time

• Gold FFM

Driving the 600 miles to Leeds to trade in my Elise SC I wondered if I'd done the right thing. About 500 yards down the road in the Evora it was an emphatic yes and I've never looked back.

I'd thought it would be a compromise, particularly on track, but first outing at Goodwood it was several seconds a lap quicker than the Elise and a more engaging drive.

Welcome to the club - you'll love it :)