Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which looks the best, the Evora 400 or the GTE? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Which looks the best, the Evora 400 or the GTE?

Kier

Which looks the best, the Evora 400 or the GTE?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Right now - the GTE. But I reserve judgement to change my mind when I see a 400 in the flesh.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I personally think the (now discontinued) regular Evora looks the best.

If I had to choose between a GTE and a 400, I'd probably choose the GTE. Seen neither of them in the flesh though.

The results so far are really interesting.  I know it's only a small sample so far, but I'm surprised just how one sided the results are.

Does anyone know - what sort of research do Lotus (and other manufacturers come to that) do on their new designs to get feedback?  Are potential designs run past a core group to get feedback, or do a few people in a secret room go through them and just make a decision based on what they think people will like?

a Little bit cynical but: They stop the Drivers of every citroen pluriel and ask them which design they would like in the future...oh wait....this designer has gone away...........Russell is back in the Driver seat!

When I look at the new interior of the 400 I still do not see that there is an "own" idea, it Looks like a match of old Ferrari, think 456 switchboard in the middle console and newer Ferrari with the "Roof" of the dials......

The first evora had this Special "wave" combining / connecting the sides of the doors with the dash! That was very unique in my eyes (who cares if the Switch for mirrors etc is Little hard to reach? You want to drive, not see who is behind you... ;-)

Seems there is a vote for the 400, I'll be looking at the new members thread ready to welcome Stevie onto the Forum :-)

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

a Little bit cynical but: They stop the Drivers of every citroen pluriel and ask them which design they would like in the future...

I was having a conversation about Citroen designs with a friend the other day.  They are about the only car manufacturer that keeps coming out with model after model which 'in my opinion' look disgusting!  I guess they must be getting something right as they've been doing it for decades and yet they keep selling cars and I supposed we all have different tastes, but some of the citron models they've come up with, dear god!!!!

Mr Donato Coco was responsible for the Pluriel to explain my comment - I might be wrong but I have never read anything about his work at Lotus - can someone tell me which design of what car belongs to his responsibility?

Kier, so you've never seen a Renault Kangoo, Wind or Captur with it's padded barbour coat on the doors!

It's not a Citroen problem it's a French problem. They call it Gallic flair!

Though I did like the original Alpines, the Alpine from the 80's and the Venturi. Seeing the Venturi on the track in full growling race spec glory was a sight....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I am sure 400 will sell well, especially when conv and possible cup versions arrive. 

It will have to if we want to keep talking about Evoras!  We won't have a choice.  :help:

I'd have loved a GTE but couldn't stretch that far.  I think they look stunning.  Even when first announced back in Danny Boy's day I enquired about the cost of the front end in particular.  It was £12+K without fitting or painting.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Just realized that there are already more votes for the GTE (26) than there will ever be cars (20).  :unworthy:

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Being lucky enough to have a friend (honest) with a GTE and being at close quarters with Oakmere's when it came to our local meet I can honestly say it is one of the prettiest cars I have seen. Everything just works and it's presence with the wider track and dished wheels is incredible.

I also think the one piece grill in front of the windscreen is better than the mesh and the various carbon bits really add to the perceived expense of it.

Whilst the 400 does look good there are certain angles it does not photograph well from (just like the first evora) and it can look a little bit like two new bumpers grafted onto the old car with a slight mismatch between the curves of the old car and angles of the new.

However I will reserve judgment until I see it in the flesh but I am confident it will not look better than the GTE which just works in photos and flesh (even better in flesh).

The issue is the GTE would not get through the regulations as a production car, god help if Gav ever comes across some wildlife on the road as it will be like an episode of 'game of thrones' with that carbon splitter.

To mainstream produce it they would need to tame its looks and then it may not work as well...

• Like 1

The results so far are really interesting. I know it's only a small sample so far, but I'm surprised just how one sided the results are.

Does anyone know - what sort of research do Lotus (and other manufacturers come to that) do on their new designs to get feedback? Are potential designs run past a core group to get feedback, or do a few people in a secret room go through them and just make a decision based on what they think people will like?

The 400 is a mild facelift... The GTE is like a new car with lots of very exotic materials thrown in...

GTE or GT350 for me. Blue one I saw at B & C was stunning in every way.

• Like 1

How does this work?  41 Members have cast a vote. 34 for the GTE and 2 for the 400.  (A bit of a landslide then.)  Where are the other 5?  :huh:

I'm looking forward to seeing my first one "in the flesh" very soon  :unworthy:  :thumbsup:  :secret:

Er Edit. Just worked it out that they will be Null voters.  :getmecoat: Oh dear......

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

maybe cancelled votes - I managed, for example, to tick the wrong box initially, withdrew my vote and changed it. Perhaps the original votes are still included in the count. And maybe I'm not the only one who thought twice about this?

Edited by the83man

Mike S

I think I am in a minority here, but I prefer the 400. I am not keen on the larger rear wing or the front of the GTE. OK, I haven't actually seen either in the flesh, so that could change my opinion, but based on purley photos, I like the look of the 400.

I think I am in a minority here, but I prefer the 400. I am not keen on the larger rear wing or the front of the GTE. OK, I haven't actually seen either in the flesh, so that could change my opinion, but based on purley photos, I like the look of the 400.

When I saw the photos it looked a bit too exaggerated. See it in the flesh, it's perfect.

I had trouble with this one. The GT350 is gorgeous but for me less is more so 400 wins. I like the new rear a lot the front is an acquired taste, the interior is different,  If i break it up ; the head on shot GT350 wins, the profile shot goes to 400 ; the rear shot goes to 400 because no wing and a superbly sculpted bumper 

Who am i kidding the only reason I vote 400 is that I still have a shot at getting one...one day, while the GT350 or GT430"K" of TBD is sold out!!!

I may sell a kidney for a Evora GT450.  

GTE for me, 400 looks to much like an aftermarket body kit. Would need changes to the front hood and roof to make it. Currently looks like they've just taken an old S and replaced the front and rear bumper. GTE looks more like a complete facelift.

Still confused about the different designs currently in production: Elise which obviously is just a mild facelift of S2 since a couple of years, Exige V6 which had a completely different design, especially the front, and now the Evora 400 with yet another design. Would be interesting to see what the overall design looks like going forward.