Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gin - Page 4 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gin

Chillidoggy

5 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

Yeah, sorry about that, I can get a bit carried away sometimes.

Lol - and of course I would never get carried away - I've not had a "oh FFS, for crying out loud moment" today. I live in hope! ;)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 hours ago, ian29gte said:

I'm not brave enough to venture in to my local Aldi.

afraid you might like it? They do a lovely gin by the way

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/bargain-bottle-aldi-gin-wins-10107466

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

8 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Id drank the whole bottle of wifeys bombay sapphire and was a bit skint and embarrassed so filled the bottle up with the Aldi stuff...which I then also drank but with out back to back tasting I think it was semi ok but nothing to write home about.

:lol: You're so getting grassed up next time I see Hot T :D

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Some of us got hooked on COTSWOLDS DRY GIN last Summer (during our little road trip in England). Next week it will become available in Sweden as well (heavily regulated sale of wine and liquor here)!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 01/09/2015 at 23:41, Loose Cannon said:

This thread is straight out of The Chap magazine.

Bombay Sapphire but plan on trying some different ones. What's Plymouth like?

Plymouth Gin is magnificent - but make sure you go for the "Naval Strength".

Penderyn/ Brecon Gin also mighty fine.

Shameless plug for this, which is my not only my favourite Gin - but run by one of my closest friends.

• 6 months later...

Sitting next to the wife I said I love you,she said is that the gin talking, I said no I was talking to the gin.

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I'd missed this thread before.

last summer, I was in Hampshire and bought a bottle of Test Valley as a present (at the time I wasn't aware it was a company only a few months old). I'm told it was very good, and recently purchased the same person a selection of the Adnams ones, of which apparently the Copperhouse. Now that I know we have an award-winning gin created here in Norwich I think one of their tasting tours is in order (once the weather is nice).

Consider yourself rebuked for your previous misses but made up for it with that tour posting. If you book give us a pm and we may come along

• 4 weeks later...

The Bullards distillery tours still seem to be booked out, but there is this- a train journey with stops to sample gin.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/gin-train-experience-is-coming-to-norfolk-1-5446308

https://www.railroadevents.com/#/gintrain/

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a very pleasant Saturday afternoon  on tour of Bullard's gin distillery in Norwich and was surprised how small an area it needed to produce 350 bottles a week. 

IMG_20180403_145912.thumb.jpg.89fae3f3eace0a2139ac9f88c2e2c1d1.jpg

next month we are on a gin cruise on the river lee followed by a visit to the Puddingstone distillery makers of Campfire gin

http://www.ginontheriver.co.uk/index.html

https://puddingstonedistillery.com/

It was a friend's birthday yesterday, the person who got the Bullards as a pressie . For her birthday, I gave her a bottle of Copperhouse (Adnams) as she commented previously that it was the one she preferred from the selection pack that was the Christmas pressie. She got another bottle of Copperhouse, from somebody else. It must look as though we think she needs it in bulk quantities. 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Here one from Exmouth that a friend of mine owns. He only distills small numbers at the moment (only started last year) Not cheap but very nice indeed. On my 2nd bottle. 👍😊

https://www.copperfrogdistilling.co.uk/

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

The wife has now returned to Opihr as her favourite. Not that she won’t try others, but the black pepper taste is addictive, as is gin in general. I shall look forward to the gin cruise report, Pete.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I knocked up my own very peppery batch recently.  It was well popular.  Masala next!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...