Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Banal breakfast radio(help) - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Banal breakfast radio(help)

pete

Anyone else find breakfast radio totally bland.They all seem to have the same format of more than one presenter constantly talking idle chit chat to each other and occasionally playing a record.All I want at that time of the morning is one person playing records with some traffic reports .regular time checks and a weather report.Anyone known if such a station exists?

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you can get radio through your phone connnected to the car then sign up for a free account with Absolute Radio. You get no adverts as an account holder, they play another track whilst the advert is on, and you get the "no repeat guarantee" so not hearing the same song constantly plugged.

Otherwise, create a playlist on something like Spotify, you can save it locally on the phone too so not have to use data all the time.

I just wish modern DJ's would talk less - most of what they spout is just pure Pish!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

DJs are no longer Disc jockeys! By definition, they should introduce the next track or two and thats that. R2 does that better in the evenings but morning is as pants as R1 and others.

I did listen to classic FM but after a while, its the same tracks over and over again. A bit dull.

Against my better judgement, I find myself listening to R4 more and more - you get some better in depth news reports and interviews of some some genuinely interesting people. No music though. I just switch to Absolute 80s for a while for that. At least there you get Matt Berry sound clips occasionally. 

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I ONLY listen to radio 5 live. Who needs bloody music in the mornings? I have that on my iphone which I link up if I want music.....my music not some crap they seem to play today.

Actually, realised that is slightly wrong. In the evenings, if I am still driving home then I do sometimes put on my DAB in my car and listen to Absolute 80's.

Radio 5 live in the mornings has a good mix of topical and news programs plus there's a 1 hour call in every morning from 9am on a big topic of the day (you may have heard me on there occasionally). A very few people make me furious but most tend to be interesting.

Damn, I sound old......

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Must admit to being an inveterate Radio 4 listener...also Radio 4 Extra on digital or satellite, this morning they offered Hancock's Half Hour and the Goon Show. Otherwise it's Classic FM...their only problem is that they have a play list, and will persist in playing the occasional miserable dirge. French radio is unmitigated crap; unless you are in range of Paris where they have some good jazz stations. Out here in the sticks Radio Nostalgie at least plays things one remembers... On the autoroutes 107.7 gives nearly acceptable music and traffic information...in French, but also in English on the A1 north of Paris and on to Calais.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I am looking for something to wake up to as the radio is my alarm and some of their idle chat can start my day of wrong.As  I am not a morning person I need something relaxing to wake up to.

• Gold FFM

Maybe the latest advert at the top of the forum page would help?? 

image.thumb.png.4a68de80f3d9028a7088dfa9

And no - that is not from my dubious search history before anyone says it!!

Only here once

Be careful Barry - Aren't the adverts these days tailored to your browsing history (assume it's the same with TLF - Bibs may be able to help out on this). Could be that you just spend lots of time browsing Thai Ladies? :popo:

All I get are TR7 parts being advertised - nowhere near as much fun.

Edited by march

• Gold FFM

Haha - no such luck Marc!! We have real issues in our household with bloody pop ups on Apple stuff which we really struggle with :wallbash:

its very annoying - how on earth can you stop them???

Only here once

We have real issues in our household with bloody pop ups on Apple stuff which we really struggle with :wallbash:

Yeah Right, that's what they all say! 

Edited by march

• Gold FFM

it's since the iOS 9 ish upgrade - as soon as You open a browser it fires you off to some crap saying you've some this or that or off to gambling websites ?? It doesn't do it on the PC - but on the apple devices - it really pisses me off.

looking on the interweb - it would appear it's not just me - there's loads of general moaning about it.

Only here once

Haha - no such luck Marc!! We have real issues in our household with bloody pop ups on Apple stuff which we really struggle with :wallbash:

ring the number in the advert?

• Gold FFM

:fish:

Um possibly not!! If it's not pop ups it's telephone calls for bloody ppi, accidents etc..... Not gonna be long until the "owned a VW group car" no win no fee calls.

there must be a simple way to completely stop these redirects - but I'm just to stupid - anyone tec savvy know how??

Only here once

easy, stop believing the Apple bullshit and buy a device with a better OS!  :)

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

it used to be true - Apple was ace...... Hmm since these upgrades earlier this year they have been shit. The browser on the phone is simply unusable due to constant redirects - I'm sure the router at home stops a fair few. But not all of them. 

By christ if it was based on search results - it would be a whole lot worse than that - it'd be bloody Laura Ashley, Jimmy choo and other such crap

Only here once

it's since the iOS 9 ish upgrade - as soon as You open a browser it fires you off to some crap saying you've some this or that or off to gambling websites ?? It doesn't do it on the PC - but on the apple devices - it really pisses me off.

looking on the interweb - it would appear it's not just me - there's loads of general moaning about it.

FYI, you can now install Ad Blockers for Safari on iOS 9. 

• Like 1

Download 1Blocker from the App Store (it's free for one function ie ads. You have to pay for additional features). Then enable Content Blockers under Settings/Safari/Content Blockers.

(1Blocker is also meant to speed up your Safari browsing speed due to not downloading ads etc). 

• Like 1