Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WHOBE! Wilts/Hants/Oxon/Berks Esprit Meet - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

WHOBE! Wilts/Hants/Oxon/Berks Esprit Meet

swindon_alan

As discussed in the Esprit Picture thread, there is interest in a local get together. I'm happy to organise if there's enough takers.

I've had a think over the weekend and have found a promising venue on the Berks/Oxon border, I will ask some questions tomorrow.

I am also very aware that we are headed into the very dark deep cold days of winter and not everyone wants to take their cars out in the muck.

Sooooo, I have a couple of dates in mind, one before it gets too awful but it's a bit close and the other one after that strange yellow orb might magically reappear. In either case, if it is cold and dry then I'm happy to turn up. If the weather is bad then we can cancel/postpone a couple of days before. Hopefully if the rain gods are kind then we could do both and if it is a success some more throughout next year, perhaps make it a regular event say every couple of months?

Suggested dates:

Late morning Sunday 29th November 2015
Late morning Sunday 6th March 2016

Obviously if anyone on here who is non-Esprit but would like to come then they would be more than welcome.

Answers on a postcard as they used to say!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds good to me, touchwood my esprit will finally be back from the garage then.

Be good to get something regular in our neck of the woods, be nice to have a spin in convoy as well!!

Sounds good! Not too far from Dover, so accessible to international members as well.
I for one wouldn't mind if it was in November, despite to likelyhood of gloomy weather. And I'd be happy to help out on the day if you can use an extra pair of hands.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Ok gents, I have spoken to the prospective venue and they are quite enthusiastic and would be open to hosting the meet(s) subject to some further internal discussions :)

I won't say where it is until it is confirmed but I'm very sure that it will be of a lot of interest to all local Lotus owners, not just Esprit fiends.

They would prefer Saturday mornings rather than Sunday which is fine with me, say 9:00am to midday? Does that sit ok with everyone? They have space for 50+ cars.

Suggested dates now:

09:00 - 12:00 Saturday 28th November 2015
09:00 - 12:00 Saturday 5th March 2016

When I get the nod I will see if I can book up a local tea/coffee/bacon roll van as well.

Exciting!

:animier:

• Like 1

Great work Alan!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Huge thank-you to Alan for getting in touch with us, really looking forward to meeting you all. Hopefully the weathers ok!

We've got plenty of room at the front of our dealership so please do spread the word, it would be great to get as many cars as possible down. I can't promise our workshop will be quite as tidy as our launch day but we will do our best! 

• Like 2

I've been looking at B&Bs close by, but most seem to be fully booked already. We're planning on visiting the christmas fair in Maidenhead after the Esprit meeting, so any suggestions in that area would be very much appreciated.

Filip

49 minutes ago, Escape said:

I've been looking at B&Bs close by, but most seem to be fully booked already. We're planning on visiting the christmas fair in Maidenhead after the Esprit meeting, so any suggestions in that area would be very much appreciated.

Filip

Hello Filip that will be brilliant if you can make it. There's a couple of B&Bs in Henley but your best bet is Reading, it's only 4 miles/7 km from Henley and there is a good spread of hotels and prices. It's also only twenty minutes from Maidenhead along the A4 or the M4.

www.booking.com is your best bet.

Cheers Alan 

We'll definitely be there, the crossing has already been booked. ;-)
Just looking for a decent place to stay, I'll try booking.com again.

Filip

• Like 1

Hi Alan,

maby you also can do both dates:

if its a great day on the 29th of November, it would be also bigger on the 6th of March if you ask me,

1 hour ago, Tocus said:

Hi Alan,

maby you also can do both dates:

if its a great day on the 29th of November, it would be also bigger on the 6th of March if you ask me,

Hello Tocus

That was the original plan, to do Sunday mornings. However, the Hofmann's staff have a life apparently :P

So they don't work Sundays and the dealership will be closed. I think that would be a lot less interesting for the owners?

Fortunately I also have a life, so I'm not doing consecutive mornings :)

On 12/11/2015, 16:26:18, Kevin Wheeler said:

I can make the 28th November if it is on!

Bacon roll sounds good. I like to live dangerously.

On 12/11/2015, 20:31:10, Mark Blanchard said:

Bacon rolls and Lotus Esprits, what a great combination!

Mr Bacon Roll has been engaged and will be on site!