Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mudguard brackets.... - Page 7 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Mudguard brackets....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, I’m in the UK.

Yes they’re for sale.

Value? No idea. Not even sure what I paid?

OEM (mild steel as rusting away currently) are £21 per side on Deroure.

So £50 including shipping?

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Thanks for coming back to me

Just seen that Elise parts have a set which is stainless then powder coated with stainless fittings included for £39.95 plus plus so I may go that route as they look really good 

Ok, so same price once you add VAT and shipping.

Have a think, you can always make me an offer ;)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Keep 'em for when you get your Evora @CocoPops, you know it's better and cheaper than the Emira 😜

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 year later...

Hi, need some help, I attempted to replace my mud flap brackets at the weekend. Mud flap remained attached to the arch liner but no longer to the bracket. Removed mud flap from liner, then attempted to loosen the screws on the underside of the 'A' panel and sheared the head off the screw. Thought best to stop at this point. The second screw on the underside is still in situ.

What does the screw, screw into, presume some type of fixed nut plate. If so are these riveted in place or those push on panel clip type? I was hoping to perform this task by having the steering on full lock and just holding back the liner to remove the foam and access the upper screws, but looks like it will now be a wheel off and complete liner removal, to be able to see.

Is the foam behind the 'A' panel just a push fit, not bonded to anything?

I could attempt to remove the second screw on the underside and if it that one shears, I could at least remove the panel and replace the bracket, but still stuck with removing the remainder of the screw which is probably now rusted as one with its mating part.20240512_120918.jpg.52d6617142222dd13d3f44a930c3da23.jpgI went for the brackets from Elise parts.20240514_192018.jpg.0a1916cf3d9f7def0fb01dfb88d6add3.jpg

There are no screws that hold from the underside; those are plastic body clips (the center pin can unscrew or be pried out, and once removed, you can pull the outer body out). If you can't manage to safely extract them, you can just sheer them off and replace them. 

I drilled out and ground off the rivets that were holding the brackets with a dremel, there is no need for removal of the complete A panel to carry out the replacement, I took attempted to remove the A panel at first but one of the bolts sheared like yours, the bolt gets sealed in the nut that is bonded into the fibreglass of the sill if that is what you mean .

• Like 1

@SJP68 - My bad; I must have been thinking of a different vehicle of mine. It's been a number of years since I changed out the mudflap brackets. I went out and took a picture of the bottom of my A-panel, and it looks like this:

PXL_20240515_181944069a.jpg.dd6983fa8f9dcaa06103813460cf7304.jpg

The 2 rivets at the front have to be drilled out, but the 2 bolts and washers are what hold the A-panel to the sill, and like @sellman indicated, the rivnuts are embedded in the sill. You don't technically need to remove the A-panel to replace the bracket, but it's probably easier to do off the car. 

• Like 2

Thanks @agentdr8, tempting as it is to want extract the remains of the sheared screw and replace all the others with stainless ones, I am going leave alone and as suggested I'll try and replace brackets by drilling out the rivets with the 'A' panel in place.