Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 19 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

12 hours ago, Bruss said:

Thomas.  Do you have the komotec dsg box in your car?

Not yet.😁 Komotec is still testing /preparing for production. Seems they completed testing

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Getting ready for the 2019 season!

Unfortunatelythe Lotus Interior Colour Pack isn't available in gold, so I improvised.

Also installed the side skirts from @alias23, but added a rubber lip to reduce the ground gap.

IMG_20190212_105641-960x1280.jpg

IMG_20190205_134816-1280x960.jpg

IMG_20190205_134828-1280x960.jpg

IMG_20190207_170324-1280x960.jpg

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

On 14/02/2019 at 12:22, TBD said:

Getting ready for the 2019 season!

Unfortunatelythe Lotus Interior Colour Pack isn't available in gold, so I improvised.

Also installed the side skirts from @alias23, but added a rubber lip to reduce the ground gap.

IMG_20190205_134816-1280x960.jpg

IMG_20190205_134828-1280x960.jpg

Strange you say gold is not available as a colour pack as I got mine done at the factory... Looks like you've just wrapped it then?

Also, do they not have dustbins where you are? 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got courageous and added the rubber lip to the front splitter. Looks great and should enhance downforce.

Now I just have to get out of my driveway without tearing everything off.

IMG_20190312_141305-1280x960.jpg

IMG_20190311_105841-1280x960.jpg

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

How did you attach?

Heavy duty glue and bolts evere 26cm. The bolts are visible from the top, but have golden heads matching the colour accents of the JPS livery.

14 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

That’s a rough install. You can see all the glue sandwiched between the splitter and the lip? 

The issue is that the splitter is not new and has seen two years of intense scraping on the road. So, there is still some finishing needed, but I first have to get my hands on black Sikaflex.

18 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

You don't actually think that'll increase downforce, do you?

He is recreating the ground effect that was introduced in the 70’s for the 1 cars ... fully armed with rubber strips, silicon sealant and a hammer 😂

Edited by Edinburgh 111s

1 hour ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

fully armed with rubber strips, silicon sealant and a hammer 😂

So fully aligned to Colin's original approach. Well done Thomas 😁

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

So, meanwhile managed to clear up the edges on the splitter and side skirts. Second picture is a bit misleading, I was standing on a slope.

IMG_20190322_093035.jpg

IMG_20190322_093114.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not that I razz the car from lights but the 0 - 100 @ 3.8s is well slow given that the Cup 430 is quoted at 3.3s

Agree, without being not nice, but ~12s 0-200kmh is not what I'd expect from EX460. Sport 350 should be not far away from that or maybe even right at that level.

50 minutes ago, vd9 said:

Agree, without being not nice, but ~12s 0-200kmh is not what I'd expect from EX460. Sport 350 should be not far away from that or maybe even right at that level.

An exige S is 14.2 to 200kph according to fastestlaps.com but 120mph is 13.1

Without any scientific facts my 460 is miles quicker than a bog standard 380, and that was quicker than my 350S too. Strange all these mixed up numbers, not that it matters...

cheers

• Like 1

I'm totally confused by mixed up numbers. Are we talking facts (known and proven / ratified) or best guess/ bum on seat from someone with lots of experience?

More confused by why 0-60, 0-100, etc times really matters in the real world when everyone shits themselves about clutch wear and replacement costs. I'm probably just a dickhead though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Bragging rights down pub, innit

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

11 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

120mph isn't 200kph, 124mph is, so that might be why also?

That's exactly what I meant - 4mph is not much, but frequently there is a gear change in there as it is getting really close to the redline in 4th

9 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

my 460 is miles quicker than a bog standard 380, and that was quicker than my 350S too

It may just as well mean that the two EX460 are different, also may be perception of the speed and acceleration

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm totally confused by mixed up numbers. Are we talking facts (known and proven / ratified) or best guess/ bum on seat from someone with lots of experience?

More confused by why 0-60, 0-100, etc times really matters in the real world when everyone shits themselves about clutch wear and replacement costs. I'm probably just a dickhead though.

Must be a tough life being so confused, my condolences. In general I find it interesting to understand what are the performance parameters of the car, it is a part of the whole package of the performance car. Numbers mentioned above are clearly quoted by source.

Talking of the clutch - killing the clutch by launching lightweight RWD car with limited amount of torque means that either the driver has no idea what (s)he's doing or the clutch is not fit for purpose. The story is very different for much heavier and 4WD cars with much more torque and even there standard clutch can happily live through >100 launches and a lot of daily driving.

As an owner of a EX460 and a GT3 RS I can tell you that the EX460 is pretty fast. Not as fast in a straight line as a GT3 RS but not too far from it, at least up to 200 km/h - after that you are in 5th gear an you are lost, as it is way too long.

If you want to compare it a 350S - it is in a different league - its a different car. Certainly fast enough to easily pass a 350S after bus stop on the short straight... 

15 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Not as fast in a straight line as a GT3 RS but not too far from it, at least up to 200 km/h

Which would mean less than 11s 0-200kmh, makes sense. The only thing that does not add up is the video above. I think in large part because of careful launch.

Just had a look at the printout from the dealer and even for my car it shows 4.1s fastest 0-100kmh and it's never been properly launched or fast 0-100kmh purposefully attempted