Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 1st May - Page 4 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 1st May

martynv

Thanks for your interest Dave and Steve, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

All don't forget to tell the trafic marshalls you're with the Lotus Forums when you arrive and they'll direct you to our pitch also as indicated by Duxford please bring a drip tray if you're likely to drip oil on the grass.

See you tomorrow

Martyn :)

Thanks Martyn - another great day.

See you all next week at MBW.

Well done Martyn. Great location & great day out.

20160501_130938.jpg

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Nice one Martyn. Thanks for organising a top day. 

Weather wasn't too shabby either. 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

And again thanks for organising Martyn, What a great day out me and the wife thoroughly enjoyed it.

DSC_0101.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0023.jpgDSC_0021.jpgDSC_0107.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0009.jpgDSC_0026.jpgDSC_0111.jpgDSC_0020.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Lovely pics Dave :)

Thanks spent the last couple of months trying to get the hang of a DSLR so this was the first time ive used it in anger so quite happy with the results for a beginner :thumbup:

Think this one is yours? only one i got of it im afraid.

DSC_0108.jpg 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave.G said:

Thanks spent the last couple of months trying to get the hang of a DSLR so this was the first time ive used it in anger so quite happy with the results for a beginner :thumbup:

Think this one is yours? only one i got of it im afraid.

DSC_0108.jpg 

Thanks Dave that one is ours. A little easier to tell the difference now Bibs has his 111s 

BUGGER! The other half and I were at a loss as to what to do today and I totally forgot about this! We were only an hour away as well!

On 30/04/2016 at 14:42, phil flash said:

That's strange - Google maps says 63.2 and 1 hr 4 minutes from Thickthorn Shell Garage to Imperial War Museum Duxford, and that's for 'ordinary cars'... I'd expect to do it in under an hour in a Lotus as it's dual carriageway most of the way...

Is it hectic because people get there before gates open so there's an initial queue or is there a queue all through the morning?  Don't really want to queue among spontaneous combustion cars...:lol:

I was measuring from my house, door to door. We didn't leave Thickthorn until 8.20 am, although I got within ten minutes of the event, I was around for a while to know there was a big queue some time later as I was talking with the Pistonheads display group meeting at the McDonalds where I was waiting for my recovery truck!

• Like 1

Thanks Martyn for organising, and adding me to the list at short notice. I was going to come over and say bye, but you were chatting so didn't want to interrupt.

Some lovely cars within the Lotus stand!

Thanks for taking a pic of my yellow S1 Dave, much better than my iPhone! :lol:

Couldn't believe how good the weather, great day.

I'd just like to say that if I had made it, it looked a fantastic day, but today was not meant to be. Luckily breaking down just next to the services on the A11/A505 flyover was helpful. The wife and I got collected a few hours later, finally getting home around 2 pm, so a lovely days weather spent doing nothing but hanging around. I had a small taste what was on display as I was parked up waiting with all the Pistonheads attendees. Don't even know if I can make next year, as I plan to take car off the road to do major restoration.

To get something positive from the day I did get my car ready for the rear exhaust conversion, which is happening this Friday. I fitted the rear V8 lower valance, just needs exhaust trims now.

26711430831_35bd3bd7f2_b.jpg
26174701873_3205bf90ca_b.jpg
26776224945_9b656d854e_b.jpg
26776187915_efd9ef3818_b.jpg
26174666793_cb8263afaf_b.jpg
26170635474_15308b24f6_b.jpg
26708865011_a8a520923c_b.jpg