Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 48 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

Good read.

would be interested in a back to back 410 vs 400 though, to see if your thoughts about power/weight/acceleration etc are good or bad.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

@The Pits

Great write-up, many thanks for sharing your thoughts and ecxperience on the 410! Many thanks to  @RJB also, of course!

Some questions: Is the difference between a 400 and a 410 enough to justify the Price difference?

Maybe not, looking ad the Prices in Europe: a used 400 start ca 78 K €, a Dutch dealer gives you 25% on a new 400, a new 410 (some Options) will go around 117 - 120 € (Germany, Belgium for example)

Having this in mind, i come to the conclusion that only a "non-Option" 410, because it is "really" different would make sense, but then: maybe worth waiting for the "Carbon-edition" Evora announced by JMG?

You are talking about "legal" Speed on B-roads, well I think therefore not matter if you have an NA, S, 400 or 410 - all will give you a pleasant experience - on normal roads (esp for the "normal" Driver) I guess that the differences of the supercharged models are extremely small), maybe, just a maybe the cup2 tires of the 410 would not be the best solution for "normal" road conditions?

So: if you have an 400 is it worth trading up? Probably not....

If you want to buy new and can justify the premium: buy what you want, if you want a "good deal", go for a (slightly) used 400, esp if you would buy a 410 "fully" or "nearly fully) optioned?

If money Plays no role, buy a tit-exhaust, otherwise: at least "interesting" Price (what are the costs for having them produced? It is no Akrapovic tit-exhaust I guess ;-)  ???

In the end: a lot of Options, I am happy for everyone who is happy with his Lotus! (There will be no "perfect" solution...)

Interestingly, I just compared the parts guide.

The Springs are the SAME part numbers for 400 and 410, it's the dampers that are different part numbers. So in theory, to get the handling the same, it's mild geometry changes and dampers (yes, ignoring the car weight and wheel/tyre differences)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Like Rocky says, when sports car depreciation knocks you down, it's about taking the hit like a man, picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting back in that Lotus showroom to do it all over again.

He had a Lamborghini Jalpa so he knows what he's talking about! ;)

Every time you have a wobble just go and take another look at the close-ups of the carbon panels on Richard's car. That should sort you out!

To drive a Sport 410 is to want one. On the roads you have in N. Ireland, heck the whole of Ireland too, you are in for a serious treat!

:thumbup:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LF1 said:

The new Garmin sat nav units have a wireless reversing camera. With the added bonus of you can leave the sat nav in the garage when you are in track so no weight considerations which we all know is a massive issue having the head unit. Oh and having a full english before the track day...

Cheers Tom, didn't know that and seems a great way to go.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

On 17/02/2017 at 12:13, JayEmm said:

Wing mirrors are first on my sh1t list. I've been admiring McLaren and Aston Martin ones too much lately, the Lotus ones are a bit embarrassing to be honest.

I'm not sure why. V8 Vantage wing mirrors are from a Volvo!

• Like 1

Indeed. The V8 Vantage and DB9 are classic, 'parts bin' specials. Most parts stickers are from Volvo, Ford or Jaguar. ISTR that the (pretty rubbish) first gen sat nav had a Volvo sticker but was actually manufactured by Mitsubishi. 

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, The Pits said:

Like Rocky says, when sports car depreciation knocks you down, it's about taking the hit like a man, picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting back in that Lotus showroom to do it all over again.

He had a Lamborghini Jalpa so he knows what he's talking about! ;)

Every time you have a wobble just go and take another look at the close-ups of the carbon panels on Richard's car. That should sort you out!

To drive a Sport 410 is to want one. On the roads you have in N. Ireland, heck the whole of Ireland too, you are in for a serious treat!

:thumbup: Ha Ha. You are not wrong there; and a very apt boxing analogy thrown in as well for good measure! You should be running the Lotus marketing team Jonny

Seriously, love the roads you have up your way. Been out around Donnegal in my Elise a few years ago. Just stunning. Not many better places to enjoy a Evora 410, we'll be wanting to see some videos of that!

:yes:

• Gold FFM

I  will certainly try to oblige with the video. This is literally just up (as opposed to down) the road for me. :) 

Also intend to get across to attend any big TLF meets over the summer, or if the dates work any Alpine road trips.

• Like 2

It was a Volvo satnav, same as the Aston, that was put into the £175k Bentley Arnage too.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

If the mirror itself was shared I am fairly sure the mirror Base was a bespoke item? It is very obvious even sitting in the 400 the mirrors are pinched from another car. I can hardly see one of them. And they are both at full adjustment to be barely usable.

It's not that I hate them, but I think they are an area the looks of the 400/410 can be greatly improved and possibly another area the S1 was nicer. Although, I do like the fact we could lose the body mounted repeater.

Looking forward to seeing more 410 stuff also

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I thought that was a customer order car and belongs to a member here? Really nice though either way.