Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 61 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

For some reason I think the teaser Lotus posted today on their social media is pretty much your R car... Althought it sorts of looks weird... the back looks really low... I guess we'll know more soon about it soon. Let's the teasing begin.

DA0Xr4dXkAA_seL.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I suspect it's just a nice 410... is that Verde Ithaca?

WIth the hashtag #greenhell - is this going to be a ring attempt at last?

Edited by JayEmm

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

According to the newest bit from Lotus' social media Road & Track are taking it to the 'ring for a week of activities. This is probably better than Lotus doing it. If they get a time, they may be comparing with other cars, and it might be reasonably fair.

To be honest I don't expect it to do well.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

A little bit more info on the instagram account of Jack Baruth, the guy who will have (hopefully) a week full of fun. Car is a US-Spec 410. Although the color is nice it looks like a copy of AMG GT R that advertised a similar green as "green hell" green as a relation to the Nürburgring - but as ever: every piece of advertising is very welcome !!!

So, apparently, Lotus is bringing a 410 US to the Nordschleife...... prayers answered ....... for Road & Track Magazine..... hope they'll break a great time.... my guess..... 7.40 something.......

11 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

A little bit more info on the instagram account of Jack Baruth, the guy who will have (hopefully) a week full of fun. Car is a US-Spec 410. Although the color is nice it looks like a copy of AMG GT R that advertised a similar green as "green hell" green as a relation to the Nürburgring - but as ever: every piece of advertising is very welcome !!!

I think that the AMG colour is a satin finish, whereas this looks gloss to me.

What are the differences with the US spec 410? It's meant to be carrying a bit more weight due to crash regulations isn't it?

Hopefully the car is properly 'fettled' like for other manufacturer attempts 

Yes but any times set will be more relevant to the 400. I would expect a 400 to go well around the Nurburgring in the right hands but it's a shame that people will be drawing conclusions about the Sport 410 when the car isn't the best example of one.

He'll have a great time in it, drive round the 'ring concluding what a fantastic chassis it has and how it could handle more power etcetc , nice piece for the US market.

Black n gold

51 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Yes but any times set will be more relevant to the 400. I would expect a 400 to go well around the Nurburgring in the right hands but it's a shame that people will be drawing conclusions about the Sport 410 when the car isn't the best example of one.

Ok, generally agreed, but the "best example" would be a

-non airco

-non Radio / Sound dead.

-lightweight "non-US"-spec carbon seats

-tit. exhaust

example - but no one will buy this Kind of spec?

To be fair, 99% of the buyers, no matter which spec, will not reach the ring time of a pro / semi pro with "certain ring-experience", no matter which spec., right? Conclusion: the whole discussion about the spec might be fun for us but is worthless ;-)

(but I agree on - I believe - your Point of view that a 410, relating to its "concept" should be nearly "non-optioned" at all)

The choice of paint seems to suggest that this car was specced with the ring in mind. I'd be surprised if it had air-conditioning, stereo and standard exhaust. 

Does the US spec 410 have the same suspension as the normal 410?

Probably not. As the weight is a bit different and the road conditions as well (Softer springs perhaps, maybe 400's).

I remember that the EU Alfa 4C and the US one is pretty different in chassis tuning and specs. And the EU one is better on the ring :devil:

So it might be same recipe here

Count yourselves lucky that there are two different versions. When I bought an F355 and it came with a hideous US spec airbag steering wheel that no-one was prepared to delete for fear of litigation. What Ferrari didn't tell anyone was that it also came with 140kg of extra crash protection in the nose while power stayed at a highly dubious claimed 375bhp. Naturally the price was hiked for the MY'98 version. Early cars were noticeably faster, unsurprisingly. As was the fact that I never bought another Ferrari. Feeble car for the money.

Does anyone have any idea of what Jack is planning to do out there in this car? This doesn't look like any sort of serious laptime attempt.