Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sport 410 - Page 84 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sport 410

Bibs

Great video, but he mostly side stepped the issue.  The main competition for this car is a Porsche of some form, though he did say he liked the 410 better as a daily driver than the Cayman GT4.  The other interesting thing is that he seemed to have liked the 410 better than the second generation NSX and in his video on the NSX, he really liked that car.

Be interesting to see if he gets his hands on the GT430 if and when it gets to the States and what he has to say about that car.  Given the GT 430’s price point, there will be no getting around comparisons to either the 911 GTS or GT3.

1 hour ago, Ccd said:

Be interesting to see if he gets his hands on the GT430 if and when it gets to the States and what he has to say about that car.

He won’t. 

That was one of the last (if not the last) ‘One take’ videos from Mr Farah:

PS Is it worth pointing out to him that there is somewhere on the Evora to clip the fuel cap whilst refuelling? ;)

• Like 1

So the US car has sparcos and door pockets (400 door cards ?) as standard ? 

60182774-96E0-43D9-86B5-68FF5B38233F.thumb.jpeg.e97334c6c6571b248b80479442f7cf02.jpeg

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

22 minutes ago, M4rk said:

Yes and me too. :)  I cannot seem to work out where to clip the fuel cap, I remember reading a post here on TLF but cannot find it. 

On the flap that opens, there's a piece of plastic that it fits onto closest to the hinge. I'll take a pic tomorrow if you like :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

A couple of very minor errors. We're told that we don't get the 410's tune in the States.  It's the same as the 400 here due to the painful requirements it would engender to certify the 410 as a new car, so US 410s are rated identically to the 400.   And we all know the gas cap trick, right?  A good review and fun to watch as Matt goes gaga over our favorite sports car.  

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Lets not even go there with the 'extra' 10bhp! :whistle:

Car does look damn good fun on those canyon roads and sounds amazing. I'll agree that the supercharged cars can be inconsistent in responding to throttle sometimes. My V6 Cup could be also. Only a minor annoyance but I can't remember that being the case with the Evora S though for whatever reason. Get one right though and there are few more satisfying downshifts out there.

I still have a massive soft spot for the Sport 410 and still don't know why more of you haven't got one. B&C are having an Evora test drive event this weekend (weather permitting I guess?). Go and drive their black demo car. You can thank me later. :thumbup:

57 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I still have a massive soft spot for the Sport 410 and still don't know why more of you haven't got one.

I can think of a very good reason why more, myself included, haven't got one.

It's called "cost to change" :P:P

20 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

PS Is it worth pointing out to him that there is somewhere on the Evora to clip the fuel cap whilst refuelling? ;)

I already did - on his twitter feed last night. With that pic too.... :sofa:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mik said:

I already did - on his twitter feed last night. With that pic too.... :sofa:

So did I, a few minutes before you :harhar:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

2 hours ago, Colin P said:

So did I, a few minutes before you :harhar:

Really? :lol:

I was a bit confused as 

A. He seemed to post several tweets on the same vid

2. I couldnt see a single response to ANY of them - which was a bit weird. :ermm:

@mikthought your response was on you tube - I added one on there and 2 people have since done likewise. The second post I thought was yours, obviously not.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...