Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Your Lotus collection (or history) - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Your Lotus collection (or history)

I had a nice day with him removing a fancy gearbox from his motorsport Elise to use in my 2-Eleven. Thoroughly enjoyed it :-) 

Edited by AdamK
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you can, keep the yellow Esprit John. She's a keeper for sure and they ain't making any more, unlike the Evora which is as common as muck (in +2 form obviously) in comparison ;)

It's going to be a very difficult decision when the time comes. As you know Andy, she is a stunner.

1989 - 86 Excel SE

1991 -91 Elan SE

1994 - 91 Elan SE

1998 - 98 Elise S1

1999 - 99 Elise  S1 JPS 79

2003 - 03 Elise S2

2006 05 Elise 111R

2008 06 Europa

2014 10 Evora na

2015 15 Evora na 

26 years and counting. 

• Like 1

Quite a small list compared with some of the others here.

1. 1987 - 82 Turbo Esprit - still own
  2. 1991 - 87 Excel SE - sold 1994
  3. 2015 - 89 Excel SE - still own
  • Like 1

On 10. Mai 2016 at 22:29, AdamK said:

I couldn't quite believe Gav's Lotus collection when I saw it in the flesh. I had massive man cave envy. Gav is a complete Lotus nut case and his knowledge of these cars is second to none. I'd hazard a guess that his Lotus collection is one of the best genuine Lotus Motorsport collections outside the factory anywhere in the world. Bold statement but I don't think I'm far wrong. 

What a great collection ... very impressive ... would love to see them all in the flesh... lot of very special cars... now there must be a 311 already lined up and on order?, right? ;-) ... 

In the following order.......... over 32 years

Lotus Europa S1
Lotus Europa Big Valve
Lotus  Esprit S2 JPS No 75
Lotus S3 Turbo
Lotus Esprit SE (Red)
Lotus Esprit SE (Black)
Lotus Esprit Development mule and press car (cross between GTS, V8 and Sport 300
Lotus Exige S1
Lotus Sport 300 No 64
Lotus Esprit S3Turbo

Lotus Aston Martin Vantage S

All Lotuses except the Aston..... I lied about.........

• Like 1

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• 1 month later...

OK.... 1st.... S3 7

2nd  Elan SE DHC

3rd   Elan Sprint DHC

4th  Europa TC

5th  Europa TC Big Valve. JPS

6th Lotus Sunbeam ...... Kids arrived on the scene!

7th   Elise S1........ Older gentleman's mid life crisis mobile..  ended up Honda Sc/Cc

8th  Evora S Sr..... Current car.  Love it. !

Do you think I ought to see a doctor for this problem?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In to lotus ownership with  Red 89 stevens Esprit , sold it to get on the property ladder many moons ago :)

Never thought i would get another chance to own one, and several years later found a little 1985 S3  Esprit G car in need of some love and purchased. Still have the beast after 12 or 13 yrs and love it, especially with added v8 audi goodness :) Project mutant 2.

Another one came along which i was going to built as a track car, thought it was an S3 Turbo, then an S2 2.2., then an Essex, Turns out it was an S2 .2.2.  Still have her and will be sorting her out out soon, was project Kermit as she was going to sprayed vw viper green with the turbo bodykit, Now she will return to her factory colour of yellow and keep her former appearance of an s2 but with a few  changes. :) Now called project lemon.

Project Kermit will now be an Elite when i get the room to store one, more apt also having one headlight unit each side, Yes i have a lotus problem as do most members on here.   :getmecoat:

• Like 1

A

image.jpegMy past, current, and potentially future, Lotus collection in their new home. Now, I just need to shake that growing need for the one car that tried to kill me .. A 3-11!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Mine is as follows:

1. 1994 (Sept) S4 Esprit

Unfortunately, it is unlikely I will ever own another. At least I can say I have owned one. There are a lot of people that lust after a sportscar and never own the one they want.

I can say that I have done that. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

This is my little collection thus so far since December 2000..... includes my latest 2. I loved them all, so much so I bought the black Esprit twice. But when marriage and real babies come along something has to give. hopefully those days are all finished now. Just worry about divorce now instead...:sofa: 

20160921_191002.jpg

20160921_184348.jpg

025.jpg

• Like 1

Where do I start..., missing a few photos I need to scan but here is my journey over the past 23 years of Lotus ownership, I wished I kept them all looking back especially my first one below. ?

image.jpegFirst S1 with turbo look followed by 1984 black and gold Turbo not pictured.

image.jpegS3 I bought Salvage and repaired

image.jpegSecond S1 now owned by Ken Baird

This was followed by a 1988 Turbo in White then a 1996 Red V8 Esprit.

image.jpegJPS 099 

image.jpegJPS 013 

Follwed by a grey 1989 Esprit Turbo

image.jpegS2 Elan 1995

image.jpegCelebration edition Excel

image.jpeg1983 Turbo 

image.jpegMidnight blue S2 Elan 

image.jpegS1 Esprit now restored in White owned by Fabian

image.jpegS2 Esprit now being restored by Daren 

image.jpeg1989 Development Elan IB10 (Pre a Production) registered in late 96 after remaining in the factory Studios for 7 years (Still own)

image.jpegS2 Elan 1995 currently for sale to make room for an Esprit very soon.....???

Dave ?

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try!