Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Size of Sport300 primary and secondary injectors? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Size of Sport300 primary and secondary injectors?

Jacques

Hello all,

I would like to ask if someone can explain me if the Sport300 primary and secondary injectors are the same as on a SE?

Or did it run with bigger primary or secondary injectors, or maybe even both?

And are there any risks in running an SE engine with the SE injectors, if it have the fuelpump, fuelpressure regulator, the turbo and the EMC from a genuine Sport300?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the heads up.

I've taken a look and it seems as if they are similar.

Sport300 primary are A910E6941S

SE primary are A910E6941S

Sport300 secondary are C910E7007F

SE secondary are C910E7007F.

according to the lists.

Fuelpump are upgraded from B910E6931F (SE) to P691.4403.603AF (Sport300).

Fuelpressure regulator is the same as well A910E6950S, to ... the same. But in the same parts lists is clearly mentioned on initial pages that fuelpressure is raised. So, I would think that the fpr are having another spring and diaphragm than the SE/S4.

One could also be led into thinking, that the higher (not a lot, but some) of the Sport300 needs bigger injectors et al not to go lean on high rpm's?

Now, that is the parts lists. But when I have spoken to a few people, they mentioned, that the fpr was upgraded to Work with the higher fuel pressure needed and the higher working fuel pump. At least I've paid a small fortune for that fpr ;)...

Turbo with it's vacuum actuator and the ECM are clearly upgraded to higher specs, so no doubt there.

So, any info would be interesting to cast some light over the matter, before I install it all.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

I wouldn't mind betting that the set up is the same as the S4s. Same cylinder head, same FPR, same injectors, but different turbo.

I am to be proved wrong however, as I'm speculating here.

Margate Exotics.

I think you're right, but I don't know if those parts are the same as the SE. The S4s have 298 hp. The 300 have 304 (depending where one reads).

Cheers,

Jacques.

The chargecooler is the same across all models apart from the name plates (early models got a cast plate, later models a cheap printed plate) and size of the air bleed spigot (3 mm and 6 mm).

As said above the fuel pressure regulator is the same part number so unless someone bashed the top in to increase the pre-load on the spring I cannot see the fuel pressure being different.

The cylinder head on the S4s and S300 are the same part number, in fact the head on my S4s has 'S300' stamped on it. The injectors are the same, the PRV is the same, the MAP sensor is the same, and Derek has confirmed that the charge cooler is the same.

It seems the only differences are the turbocharger, and the ECU chip.

From the LEW site, the S4s is quoted as 300 bhp @ 7,000 rpm, the Sport 300 as 300 bhp @ 6,500 rpm

Margate Exotics.

I expect increased wastegate dutycycle will play a part of it to take advantage of the larger turbocharger. I don't have a stock S300 bin to compare the wastegate dutycycle to the other models but you can see the kind of changes between models here:Esprit_wastegate_dutycycle.jpg

Edited by sailorbob

Apart from other factors, the Wastegate actuator must be pretty much harder than in the SE/S4,on the Sport300, to allow those numbers. Reading the scheme above, it seems the S4s comes on boost much earlier and harder?

I think I read that S4s have a slightly better low end pull or midrange showing in a bit higher Nm at lower rps's. But the Sport300 had a bit higher top end ?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

10 hours ago, Jacques said:

I hear you. But as for the SE/S4 which are rated much lower in power, what may be differet compared to those?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

I know that S4s has a different cylinder head (S300 type) and turbocharger to the S4 (different trim wheel), and a different Memcal.

Like I said, you just need to check the P/N's to tell you what is different.

Margate Exotics.

The wastegate actuator is the same on all the Delco ecu vehicles. The values in the tables are the initial dutycycle the wastegate bleed off solenoid is held open for according to engine speed versus throttle position (before adjustments for barometric pressure, adaptive control, knock etc).

yes, I get the idea of the solenoid doing that. But are you saying, that the wastegate actuator have the same spring inside in all models (delco)?

Btw, would the length and adjustment of the rod to said actuator be the same length as the SE (I can't look the S300 service notes up)?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

IIRC the S300 has bigger valves in the cylinderhead compared to the SE one, so the VE is also different. Most Likely the VE tables in the S300 bin are also different than the SE bin.

I know the VE tables in the S4s and the SE are different.

Esprit Freak

S300 has a T3/4 turbo and a different chip that raises the boost, they also modified the FPR by pressing a ball bearing against it to put a indent in the top to increase the fuel pressure. It has the same head as the S4s. The charge cooler rad was connected in line we the AC rad to give it extra cooling. This was a factory option.......no AC but better CC cooling.

Is the S300 ball-bearing indent modification to the FPR in the Lotus service notes anywhere? It's just that I'm sat here wondering how Jacques could guarantee any specific increase in fuel pressure without knowing the factory procedure.

Margate Exotics.

Well, I didn't mean that I personally can gurantee anything. It was more a comment on there may actually be something about it.

Let's see if we can find out ;)  I just think it's interesting to find out a few small details on the Sport300 setup.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Not suggesting YOU should guarantee it, Jacques, I was wondering how IT could be guaranteed.

You might want to think about fitting a proper adjustable FPR rather than something that's been bashed with a ball-bearing, though.

Margate Exotics.

If someone could measure the indent on a S300 FPR it could be checked against a standard FPR. That said, the specification for the standard FPR is a bit wide ranging suggesting they are not the most accurately rated regulators.