Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Detailing vid I made - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Detailing vid I made

Flawless Detailing (Ireland) have just gone live with the first of three promo clips I've produced for them and I wanted you to see it. Before I get fed to the Ferraris over the lack of Lotuses; I'll make my defence having to numb myself and go into impartial production mode. I was within a hair's breadth of succumbing to octane fever and violently stealing a straight from showroom GT3 RS porker. These guys have a reputation that brings gut wrenching hardware to the door, we just need to find them some Lotus so they can work on a real car :ph34r:

Let me know what you think

George

PS Dix points if you can identify the flash of blue car in there

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

:thumbsup: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 06/09/2016 at 23:19, GTK said:

Dix points if you can identify the flash of blue car in there

I don't know. :(

It's a whizzy racing car of some description but not something I recognise. I'll take a punt at a new gen MG Touring car?

Bluemystery.jpg

Great Video, some lovely cars especially the Interceptor :wub: would love to get a car detailed by an expert as i have never even polished a car, just always used a bucket of water and car shampoo !. :getmecoat:

A

That Interceptor is one of the R models you can buy essentially new, with a 429bhp LS3 motor. There isn't a hair out of place on that car, it'd convert even the worst hater. Just to throw fellow car lovers the V8 you hear in the intro sequence with the visuals of a TVR dash, is actually that Interceptor. Re detailing I'm just the same, I'm not so concerned with keeping my cars shiny, but a lot of the things I thought I knew have been myth busted from spending time with the Flawless lads, and what can be done to bring a tired looking body back to mint is incredible.

:D The blue car is a whizzy racing car Advantage, or should I say Mr. Holmes? Did you spot the lights being stuck on? I'll give you a clue: the marque has parallels with Lotus - both founded in England in the '50's, both with composite bodies, both low volume producers with proper racing credentials and considered true drivers cars. It's got onboard jacks and a dry sump Ford Duratec V6. I've said too much!

• Like 1

Chicken dinner for Jay :)

Yeah they're actually quite difficult to distinguish model to model, but iirc it's a G50 GT4, and seemingly a good example. It's all biz and I'd absolutely love to spend a day with it on a track.

Cheers Steve :) I haven't looked at that timecode but I'll bet it's the black paintwork close up? That's factory paint on an Audi SQ5, a brand new one in for a crystal nanocoat. We deliberated over the footage knowing it was counter intuitive, but included it because the reality is that the majority of everyday clients will have a similar finish in their lacquer. You'll notice how the text very deliberately words it "preserves factory finish". It's just another example of how we don't demand better quality these days so we don't get it. For €80k+, decent finish shouldn't be a big ask. Anyway, point being it can be corrected if the client so wishes which is a talking point and up sale opportunity for Flawless if it's brought up. Funny enough the owner of that Audi has traded up to a new SQ7 in the time it took me to edit the video. 

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

Great George, I had the Esprit done before the Festival the results were amazing, problem is I think getting them done is a bit addictive as someone on here knows ?. I washed the wife’s BMW the other day and for a 2 year old car the paint is actually shite all orange pearl and swirls.  These detailers who know their stuff really do make them better than new. I need to book her car in. 

• Like 1