Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 154 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

26 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Farrah slacks and blousons were never a good look.

Check out View to a Kill for further proof.

Ski choice is questionable also.

Nothing wrong with those skis! 

Now where can I get that jacket????

13 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

So who's in for a group by on that jacket?

Back in the day a very similar jacket was available in black/gold(yellow). I’d have one in that colour scheme.

D15886E4-1A6F-4D71-8284-BA0DD846D302.jpeg

• Like 1

It would be great until we all turn up a a Lotus day with the same jacket, then it might be a bit odd! 

Bibs, how about a licensed replica - I'll risk looking odd! 

Alan Partridge isn't having one, the price will Soar! 

49 minutes ago, RichardJGC said:

Back in the day a very similar jacket was available in black/gold(yellow). I’d have one in that colour scheme.

D15886E4-1A6F-4D71-8284-BA0DD846D302.jpeg

Looks better in that scheme, although I would need a JPS to sit in with it, else I would be out of place! 

56 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

It would be great until we all turn up a a Lotus day with the same jacket, then it might be a bit odd! 

Bibs, how about a licensed replica - I'll risk looking odd! 

Alan Partridge isn't having one, the price will Soar! 

Looks better in that scheme, although I would need a JPS to sit in with it, else I would be out of place! 

As it happens one such jacket was gifted to me last year by a now deceased friend, as he was nearing his end. Apparently it had been gifted to him long ago by an acquaintance who'd been a key figure in Rolls Royce USA marketing, serving back in that unhappy period around '80-81.

• Like 1

Very cool! 

Well thanks to Thomas, our American connection I have the two Aircon knobs. One for Andy one for me so we can both complete out cars. Cheers Thomas. The graphics panel should arrive today in the US! IMG_6317.thumb.JPG.b571f7b27e1583050b0f0a1c7b82adbb.JPGThis resto knows no geographic boundaries! 

• Like 2

Most print shops need vector format graphics, such as Adobe Illustrator because Photoshop produces bitmaps which get distorted when scaled. So the result might not be perfect, also it could do with some more work, which I can do if you actually want to use it.

Need to check the logo. On the panel I have, which I suspect must be an original one as nobody has made re-made this version, the logo is different. It uses the "esprit" from the S2. Need to check the Bond Car.

This is what the logo from the panel I have looks like. This is not good enough quality to use so I will have to do a lot of work on this if this is the correct version.

IMG2.jpg

IMG_6345.thumb.JPG.37a6dd2f28e31f774d580ee1c968d039.JPGIMG_6346.thumb.JPG.337cef8a69b2ef86cbfe2702aa2194be.JPGIMG_6347.thumb.JPG.38849f00d205f5dbfcf19a96aedd7c2d.JPGIMG_6343.thumb.JPG.a158abf7415c73e8d9a4c56e34eea6d2.JPGSo the Orange pipe cleaner shows the oil ways in the head. These were remarkably clean. The grub screws have to come out to access properly. Then brake cleaner, pipe cleaners and compressed air. I have ended up cleaning the head all over again to ensure no glass bead. The rag shows aqua blasting isn't perfect. The old ways maybe are the best. Patience, time and brake cleaner!

Dave - if your reading do you use Loctite. Thread lock on the grub screws?

Time to get the valves in!

Hi Fabian - not sure if this will be any help to you, but here’s my cars’ panel with what I believe to be the original graphics 😀

401993F4-AA4D-46EA-A6D5-8E975D9A1634.jpeg

• Like 2

Thats the same as the one I have here. So they used a different version of the logo from the one on the side of the car.

This is the photoshop with the logo changed. This is probably the best it will go in pixel form. Someone posted some Esprit logos online in vector form but they are very inaccurate compared to the originals although the curves etc will be perfect so its a trade off.

HeaterPanel2.jpg

• Like 1

The graphics changed during the production run. Early cars have the longer tail on the 't' of esprit for both the external graphics and the panel. :)

It's getting there......

My 82 car has short external tail t and long internal one.

The switch over to the long tailed external t had definitely occurred by the 85MY - colour coded bumper change.

26 minutes ago, TAR said:

The graphics changed during the production run. Early cars have the longer tail on the 't' of esprit for both the external graphics and the panel. :)

I have never seen an early Turbo with the long T on external. Even the Lotus press car had the short T

But the S1 and S2 had the long T