Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So, I wound up with another Lotus... - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

So, I wound up with another Lotus...

JayEmm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Perfick!  Best colour too. Nice one.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Ha, I used to have those. Got about £25 a month out of them, that was with the full 30K. They got turned into some furniture and some nice AV gear years ago.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Fair enough!  Rolling road is having the floor painted today, ahead of an EALC open day here on Sunday.

The red car is in decent condition considering it spent time as a daily.  Chap you bought it from did a good job of tidying it up during his relatively short tenure with it.

Dave

• Gold FFM

Yes, he spent a lot more time cleaning it than driving it! I think he was very worried about his aluminium and fibreglass car rusting away :D

You will see it again, that you can count on!

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Well done James! I love red sports cars. Open top ones even more. I love the red Elise.

I know Im showing my ignorance but what is a short roof?

So from what I can tell, the S2 Elise has two types of roof. You've got the long roof

myelise1.jpg

and the short

lotus-elise-s2-16v-S2589767-1.jpg

You can see the long has the "tails" that extend over the back, looking like the S1 Elise top. I much prefer the look of the short, plus you can remove the roof (partially) from inside the car, making ingress/egress much easier in tight spaces.

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

I think the bodywork underneath is only different in that it has some extra holes for the tails to clip onto.

Apparently both are miles easier than the S1 roof. As far as I know the "short roof" on the S2 is pretty much identical to the roof used for the current S3.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

I'm pretty certain the short roof was designed for and made its debut on the VX220 and was so successful Lotus used it on the S2...

So there you have it!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I'm pretty certain the short roof was designed for and made its debut on the VX220 and was so successful Lotus used it on the S2...

So there you have it!

Would make sense - I believe the roofs are not interchangeable but I am sure they are close enough it wouldn't have taken much to adapt. 

7 minutes ago, NR2k said:

Glad to see you have a proper lotus at last :-)

Enjoy.

S1 vs S2 twin test? :D

James Martin (JayEmm)

4 hours ago, JayEmm said:

I think the bodywork underneath is only different in that it has some extra holes for the tails to clip onto.

There's a panel which is changed, it takes welding bits in to convert from a long to a short tail.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

So if you now have three, why did you umm and ahh over the first one so much? :P 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)