Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 58 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

While I don't initially agree with the colour, I'm sure you can pull it off if this thread is anything to go by. Like you say, it's your car, do what you like. 

That’s saying something ... from the man with brown wheels on an orange car 😂😉 Only jesting. 

I added my comments on the lotus Facebook page. I think it’s a mod to far, the secret is knowing when to stop. But fair play to you and I hope you like it. Will be interesting to see the end product.  

Just now, Edinburgh 111s said:

That’s saying something ... from the man with brown wheels on an orange car 😂😉 Only jesting. 

I added my comments on the lotus Facebook page. I think it’s a mod to far, the secret is knowing when to stop. But fair play to you and I hope you like it. Will be interesting to see the end product.  

They are bronze 😭😭

Personally I think it’s going to look great. If you want something to stand out, there’s not really many other options. Other than something like rose gold or chrome, but then they’d be a wrap, and to me, wraps always look cr*p. 

George’s car is far more than just a car to him. It’s a calling card, and as a result, making it stand out is no bad thing at all. Plus who is anybody else to judge when it’s not their car in the first place 🤷‍♂️😊

Edited by WayneG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WayneG said:

Personally I think it’s going to look great. If you want something to stand out, there’s not really many other options. Other than something like rose gold or chrome, but then they’d be a wrap, and to me, wraps always look cr*p. 

George’s car is far more than just a car to him. It’s a calling card, and as a result, making it stand out is no bad thing at all. Plus who is anybody else to judge when it’s not their car in the first place 🤷‍♂️😊

Couldn’t agree more... it’s his car and one can do what they like with it. No one is judging, people pass comment and opinion, because you know... this is a forum and that’s what people do ?

6 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Couldn’t agree more... it’s his car and one can do what they like with it. No one is judging, people pass comment and opinion, because you know... this is a forum and that’s what people do ?

Yep, that’s what people do; all too often in a negative manner. Porsche got pretty good marketing mileage out of the Pink Pig. 

In there sixties if I recall correctly, there were 6 Or so Lotus Elans painted pink to advertise soap, Camay or something like that. 

https://lotuselan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19023&start=

Brave man @GFWilliams.... good luck with it 👍

3 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

While I don't initially agree with the colour, I'm sure you can pull it off if this thread is anything to go by.  

Was Phillip Schofield consulted? Looking at the colour, I'm sure he could pull it off :animier::sofa:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WayneG said:

Yep, that’s what people do; all too often in a negative manner. Porsche got pretty good marketing mileage out of the Pink Pig. 

I haven’t seen anyone being negative, just giving an opinion. If we can’t give an opinion then there isn’t much point in a forum.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

From your post, it's quite clear that you clearly aren't comfortable enough in your sexuality to even wear a pink shirt, yet alone a pink car.

For the record, I own several pink shirts :P

My Lotus is White however.

Good luck with the repaint @GFWilliams, I have a feeling given your "arty" nature that you'll pull of something quite spectacular. The only "negative" that I can foresee is the usual sad suspects in society who may target you or your car as they see something "different", not mainstream, as a threat to them due to their small minded and bigoted attitudes. However, here are few examples of how NOT to do a pink Lotus:

image.jpeg.5747c867cde35f33fd14f68cf5d8a8d4.jpegImage result for pink lotus car

Pink and biscuit, only looks good if it's a macaroon!

image.jpeg.4d592ac479b5870be8b74286e9edc78c.jpeg

Oh those wheels! Why?????

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Good luck with the repaint @GFWilliams, I have a feeling given your "arty" nature that you'll pull of something quite spectacular. The only "negative" that I can foresee is the usual sad suspects in society who may target you or your car as they see something "different", not mainstream, as a threat to them due to their small minded and bigoted attitudes. However, here are few examples of how NOT to do a pink Lotus:

Thanks for the kind words, it's amazing how small minded a lot of the Lotus community are and how doing something so different seems frowned upon. Pink on a Caterham would be quite normal, I'm not sure why people get their knickers in a twist so much with a Lotus. I'm very confident it'll look brilliant when done, I wouldn't do it if I wasn't sure.  I've of course done hundreds of renders, and I think most people lack the imagination to think what it'll look like. When they see it when it's done a lot will change their minds.

I agree with you that the examples you've given don't look good, but to me they're not very nice shades.  I've created this paint colour from scratch, tinting it to what I believe to be the most pleasing shade of pink.  It is bold, yet pastel, with a load of metallic lot of consideration into the metallic structure, with 5 different types of metallic in it (flakes, pearl and zirilic).

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I've created this paint colour from scratch, tinting it to what I believe to be the most pleasing shade of pink.  It is bold, yet pastel, with a load of metallic lot of consideration into the metallic structure, with 5 different types of metallic in it (flakes, pearl and zirilic).

I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed, I did think your Liquid Yellow was exquisite. Just promise me there will be no biscuit coloured seats lol... :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just now, C8RKH said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing it completed, I did think your Liquid Yellow was exquisite. Just promise me there will be no biscuit coloured seats lol... :)

Biscuit and Tan are the most vile colours of leather and shouldn't be specced on any colour, IMO. Yanks seem to love em though and think they are luxurious...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Among the 3 pink tests at the end of the video, I'll think you'll go with the right one @GFWilliams :)

BTW, at the beginning of the video you say you had many issues with the Liquid Yellow color.
I'm thinking about ordering a new car in this color, so in a few words, what problems did you encounter ?

Many thx, and can't wait to see your new car👍

Edited by Martrack

24 minutes ago, Martrack said:

Among the 3 pink tests at the end of the video, I'll think you'll go with the right one @GFWilliams :)

BTW, at the beginning of the video you say you had many issues with the Liquid Yellow color.
I'm thinking about ordering a new car in this color, so in a few words, what problems did you encounter ?

Many thx, and can't wait to see your new car👍

Liquid Yellow is a 3 stage pearl paint, so it has a coat of yellow paint, then over it goes about 2 or 3 stages of pearl. The problem being that that pearl stage varies depending on paint manufacturer, how thick each coat is, even the angle of the spray gun.  So if you ever get even a small scratch, or stone chips, etc, you can't blow in a section, you have to respray the whole car to get a good finish. I want to respray the car to make my car perfect again, but don't want to have LY again when it would just mean I'm in this situation again if anything happens.

• Like 1

Very interested to see the end result!! You've picked a great company to do the work in my opinion. Having been a customer of KDS myself for 8 years or so now, I think Kelly and the team are amongst the best detailers/painters in the world.

Ah sorry! Only realised it's a joint effort at the end of the video! :)

Edited by AndyH

3 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Biscuit and Tan are the most vile colours of leather and shouldn't be specced on any colour, IMO. Yanks seem to love em though and think they are luxurious...

Well, thats your opinion ;)

As they go rather well in my daughters Starlight Black 111S, in my opinion of course... ;)

IMGP0906.JPG

IMGP0928.JPG

IMGP0921.JPG

• Like 2