Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 71 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

43 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Have they got a kit ready to go or is it something bespoke for your car? Assume you will need dampers, the control screen and a loom, a DSC and some additional sensors?

It will come as a kit which Simon at raceshocks has developed with everything needed.  I'm going to install myself as it'll be really easy to run the wires before the clams go back on, then I'll take it to Simon to set up the geo and damper settings.

You have wires that run from each damper to a central control unit (I think I'll mount it behind or under the seats), then that has a wire that goes to the touch screen to change your settings.   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is the central control unit device with the accelerometer and the gyroscope? I understood that you get separate devices;  controller and the sensor (IMU sensor with accel and gyro). Sensor needs to be placed as close to the CoG (center of gravity) as possible. Is this why you are putting it behind the seats, or are you putting the sensor somewhere else?

Please do the photo material during installation 🙂

1 minute ago, Toqcars said:

Is the central control unit device with the accelerometer and the gyroscope? I understood that you get separate devices;  controller and the sensor (IMU sensor with accel and gyro). Sensor needs to be placed as close to the CoG (center of gravity) as possible. Is this why you are putting it behind the seats, or are you putting the sensor somewhere else?

Please do the photo material during installation 🙂

Would need to check with Simon.  I'll video the install process :)

• Like 1

I ran that through PS's colourise neural filter to see what came out! It's worked out the sky is blue but I'm not sure how well it's done the rest. I'll keep the image here until the reveal and see how well it did! :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 26/01/2022 at 03:53, GFWilliams said:

Still making steady progress forwards. I went to the body shop today to see the front clam get painted.  I thought the process was super interesting and will show more in the video at a later date, but after the primer stage above, Ken block sanded the whole clam to get it as smooth as possible, then did the following stages yesterday:

Hats off to you for getting Ken Block to do the sanding.

On 26/01/2022 at 03:53, GFWilliams said:
Edited by Karls
  • Haha 2

Come on man, just get the colour reveal done! 😜

I've tried a few of your photos on one of the online image colourisers, and they keep coming back as the same colour... but I cant decide what that colour is 🤣

If you are anything like me (but I suspect on this point you are not) you'd just make more mess in a bigger space. There's no way I'm sharing a pic of my garage at the moment (if ever). 😱

Oh and for the record, that is not a mess! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/03/2022 at 00:54, GFWilliams said:

Today I cut a hole in my new genuine OEM 430 Cup carbon intakes to fit a magnetic trickle charger connector.  Pleased I didn't f*** it up.

IMG_3577.thumb.jpg.9722c10c8fa8a14b45bc3c9479c654ba.jpg

Later today I'm drilling holes in the rear clam to do the new numberplate lights (not through a numberplate holder obviously, that wouldn't look great)

@GFWilliams Hi George, does the magnetic trickle charger connector supply charge to your battery? How does the connection work?

Intrigued to see the airflow / dirt spray down the doors with the front wing vents. :thumbup:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 01/03/2022 at 17:54, Davey D said:

Come on man, just get the colour reveal done! 😜

I've tried a few of your photos on one of the online image colourisers, and they keep coming back as the same colour... but I cant decide what that colour is 🤣

I'm seeing green 🙃

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

You may well be right, but I think George (being the photoshop genius that he is) would processed those photos in such a way that no possible clue is given.