Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is that an S3 I see?.... - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is that an S3 I see?....

giorgetto

• Gold FFM

Shouldn't be hard. What is happening?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I can post images from my laptop, but have no idea how to put youtube videos on here like the one in this post,  do you click and paste something on youtube or is there a special button on the youtube page to press ? 

I only ask as while flicking through youtube the other day i found a video about old cars and some old lotus in a sorry state, and the presenter was extremely excited and new a fair bit about the lotus history, just though it would of been nice to post on here. 

Just do not know how to do it lol 

A

Plenty of stuff that the designer of that car may of taken insperation from,  very retro, music wise, neons and a delorean what more can you ask for :)

an Esprit but sadly just the picture and music.:thumbup:

A

• 2 weeks later...

Nice trailer, has already been posted a couple of months ago. ;-)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled across the trailer for a new Scarlett Johansson film "Ghost in the Shell" and what do I see at 1minute 23seconds but a bodykitted Lotus Excel.  (Odd looking film by the way.)

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Lotus Excel and Esprit Trevor,   I am really looking forward to seeing this film myself and the lotus cars on the big screen are just an added bonus :)

A

Yes, you're right. I hadn't realised the first car was an Esprit but when I paused it as it turns the corner, I can see the BBS wheels.  Good spot, Dan.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't noticed already, a Lotus Giugiaro Turbo Esprit and a Lotus Excel feature in the new film, albeit heavily modified. Again all good product placement for the brand, especially the older cars. How long before an Esprit is converted to look like one from the film? BL door handles survive into the future! :lol:

32587583033_e8a3a6e786_c.jpg[
32587583373_292f60055a_c.jpg
33246108322_cbd5d1044d_c.jpg
33361235316_f48cf2b675_c.jpg
33018836960_f63622458f_c.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3

• Gold FFM

Merged.

Personally I think they have made a mess of the interior.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

OK who is going to win the prize for guessing where the steering wheel came fom? loks like a 1970s Citroen or Talbot! Perhaps a Murena with the bottom cut off?

Talbot-Matra-Murena-8.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

And where did the window upper and downerer switches go?

Its a strange approach they have taken, to use a clearly-identifiable donor car. You would think a movie would have the resources to build complete cars. After all Gerry Anderson managed it for his TV shows. The series UFO had two futuristic fully driveable cars completely built by Alan Mann Racing using handmade aluminium bodies. They even had gullwing doors although the doors had to be lifted by a stagehand out of shot!

• Gold FFM

Oohh. A Macbeth line about the N22 nuclear reactor or whatever thingy it is.

"Is this a flux capacitor I see before me?" (Exit Stage Left)

The cars are very rarely built new just for a film,  someone would of just thrown in some concept art,  To be fair the delorean idea from back to the future would of helped push this idea for the esprit through,  Just amazed they managed to get 2 Lotus in the film which is nice to see :)

It was thrown together pretty fast by the looks of it, as the glue is already peeling where the cloth is dropping by the instrument panel,  no fancy stiching here, just glue,cloth and mdf imo  :)

I can see a few replicas been made of this car once the film hits the public,  you will need deep pockets mind as we all know esprits are not cheap to purchase anymore just to cut up and make one of these,  But then again i think people may just convert bodyshells and have a static display instead :thumbup:

Looking at the pictures, i think the whole roof has been dropped also,  Door glass seems low ?

A

The interiors show they have done "just enough". Standard movie practice, for something which might be visible in a distant shot for a few seconds. 

The Gerry Anderson cars looked a bit rough close up. Wanda Ventham looks great though! Note pole supporting the door

ufo1.jpg

• Like 2

I read somewhere the Esprit from Ghost in the Shell was converted to electric drive by a university in the US, and then sold off to end up in the movie. Can't find the article though...

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

That would make perfect sense Filip as the electric car built by the university already looked halfway done bodywise to the ghost in the shell,  look at the rear quarter where the petrol cap and air intake holes have been filled.  

driving-hope-ev.jpg.837d2ed9b71b3a9c6c8cdc5138eeba8b.jpg

A

I was just about to post the same car - but steering wheel is on the wrong side.