Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 18 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

Tanks sorted... 

4611110A-4C08-4881-9ADD-18A8A7E6533C.jpeg

16C83537-AF68-4998-9FFC-D827D240DC61.jpeg

16C83537-AF68-4998-9FFC-D827D240DC61.jpeg

image.jpg

Tanks sorted... 

anyone got any thoughts on how to re seat the tank filter that’s rattling around inside? Apart from breaking it up and tipping the bits out...😳

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

13 hours ago, pete said:

Live with it or buy a new one

How very profound your comments always are mate. Thanks again for your input. 

No sod off and let the engineers talk...😁

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

15 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Hammer - you need a hammer

I thought it was just Pete. Apparently not..✌️

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can believe the price of these poly bushes. Was going to leave the rubber until I found the lower link was bent... 😳 now there is no point not changing them all. Hey ho...! Still got Michelle’s Elan driving me where ever I want. Any excuse to drive It baby? X

75F56A06-79CD-4FE1-BFA8-2ECE9E81C2B0.jpeg

3 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Met your old Esprit today

y4msCyf026EHqzjaVVRpqwTIyFVZoeId0rEXttCz

It’s looking good. I know Chris had some bad luck with the front springs. He ended up doing the rears as well. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisTN said:

Which paint did you use for the bumpers? They look great! 

My painter used a satin finish. He painted my last 2 esprits he is one of the best painters I have met with glass cars. 

9 minutes ago, ChrisTN said:

Which paint did you use for the bumpers? They look great! 

My painter used a satin finish. He painted my last 2 esprits he is one of the best painters I have met with glass cars. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Chris. that was me :) Yep all new springs/shocks/bushes/nuts/bolts and washers all round now, drives great just need to finish running in and get the carbs tuned as it stutters a bit.

Wing mirrors are on my list of things to do as well :thumbup:

10 hours ago, top-plumber said:

Bumpers and mirrors the correct colour now. Mirrors re wired. If they work I will be pleased as I took the motors out and cleaned and used silicone grease to repack. Tail gate also paint as it should be. ✌️

F5167296-8EB8-4F13-98B4-9BE68E806942.jpeg

AD879811-0DAE-476F-A2EE-6A9608FC3143.jpeg

CADE62BC-F44D-49E8-AEE5-E656DAFC3944.jpeg

D1412F6B-C92A-4F85-8941-1CD5214C8F8C.jpeg

AE852BA9-0B8C-4FFB-AEFA-3A5AA28F314F.jpeg

C3CE9467-025E-4ED1-9245-D045360D32DF.jpeg

BE647CC4-D8DE-487F-AABD-E85302E7A6C9.jpegHi Wayne , howcdo thecmirrors come apart?

10 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

If you push the mirror into its down or up position you can see 3screws one at the top and two at the bottom. Tricky to get to but do able. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smithy111 said:

Wayne, what car do the mirrors come off? Someone told be the other day but cant remember.

Have to go with buddsy on that one chris🤔

I’ve had two Scimitars in the past, and I seem to recall the passenger door mirror might have been an optional extra when they were new. The original mirrors became NLA during the time of my ownership, but if memory serves me right, the closest replacement was a Ford Granada, so it might be worth checking those out.

Margate Exotics.

You could well be right, but I think they were probably 'made for Ford' items originally. Worth having a look at Ford Fiesta/Capri mirrors of the era as well, for sure.

I think I remember the difference between Scimitar mirrors was they only had an adjustable on the driver's side, but you couldn't buy an adjustable one for the passie side, only a fixed one, which was a pain.

Margate Exotics.

I think DrEvilfish who used to be on here started a topic on here about the wing mirrors which resulted in the London taxi wing mirror source popping up,  It would be nice to find a source as the used ones are expensive at 150 a pop for a used one.  I remember Hilly ended up using Audi 80 wing mirrors and moulded and cast his own stalks.

Maybe folks could how much a matter printed one would cost ?  

Or look into a group buy to get some made with injected plastic, the rest could always be sold to owners of cars of that era or kit car companies or such like etc, food for thought :)

A

4F28EC8F-F91E-45F1-9468-2C8ADD7E3BA2.jpeg

Days just ain’t long enough at the moment. 

1FB33E85-A9D8-402D-B60D-024929417F77.jpeg