Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 8 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

Recoverd the head lining and bulkheads. Made the carpets and had the original gaiters stitched in and carpets trimmed. Really happy with the outcome. 

IMG_2599.JPG

image1.JPG

image3.JPG

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2626.thumb.JPG.a46cea52cc4f6fdabe8d7ab6e034204a.JPG

On 03/07/2017 at 17:19, cbclotus said:

Hi Wayne ...Fantastic job on the car ....Well done ....Mike

Thanks Mike,

turbo sprang an oil leak. Stripped it out again to find the oil ring on the turbine side had broken in half. I have acquired another turbocharger and am in the process of rebuilding the 2 units now so another wait until I can get some road miles on the clock. 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

The wheels look great, they are not too polished and have a kind of anodised look. Were they lacquered?

Where did you get them done? Very tempted to do mine.

• Thanks 1

Well done Wayne, didn't think that one would hang about long.

Looks like a nice car only needing a few minor jobs to look great. Are you going to remove the sunroof?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Paint the bumpers, louvres & mirrors black, and then some silver on the wheels and that car would look superb!! Strange dent on the steering wheel centre pad? Great buy!!

1 hour ago, silverfrost said:

36 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Wayne .Looks nice ...As you said great colour scheme .Are you going to keep both cars ......Good on you ...Mike

Can't keep both Mike. No space. Any takers for the Red car jump in.. ?

4 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Paint the bumpers, louvres & mirrors black, and then some silver on the wheels and that car would look superb!! Strange dent on the steering wheel centre pad? Great buy!!

Mind reader Steven?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, top-plumber said:

Can't keep both Mike. No space. Any takers for the Red car jump in.. ?

Mind reader Steven?

It's a simple formula that I stick to Wayne - stock as Lotus intended works more often than notB-)

• Thanks 1

The right colour at last :)

Does this mean another few months in the Ford?

35 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

The right colour at last

Does this mean another few months in the Ford?

Hey Chris. The correct combination of white and red. This was the one i always thought I would never be able to afford because they were so few in number.

back in the womb!!?✌️?✊️

5 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

And turn the middle of the gear lever gaiter downwards instead of upwards :) 

Sunroof might be a bit more tricky....

Nice unadulterated door cards with no big speakers hacked in.

Car must have been another colour orignally owing to silver door handles, but nice!

• Like 1

Lovely car Wayne,  Realy pleased you bagged this one and that it is the colour combo you have always desired :thumbsup:  Are you going to live with the sunroof or look at getting rid of it as some folks do not mind them while others cant stand them lol.  

Great car and look forward to seeing it finished, its in good hands now.  You now need burgular protected window stickers for that bond look and compomotives would go down a treat on this car.............  

• Like 1

A

13 hours ago, Andyww said:

Car must have been another colour orignally owing to silver door handles, but nice!

My 84 Monaco white car was originally supplied with silver handles, which I subsequently replaced with new black versions.    

1 hour ago, 910Esprit said:

My 84 Monaco white car was originally supplied with silver handles, which I subsequently replaced with new black versions.    

Interesting. I wonder how they did this, and also the chrome or black surrounds for the interior handles. Maybe whatever they had at the time :)

2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Interesting. I wonder how they did this, and also the chrome or black surrounds for the interior handles. Maybe whatever they had at the time :)

I do think it was a bit of that Andy. The car is monaco white originally but I will get a provenance cert to confirm. Bumpers and vents I'm not sure about. Would prefer black, mirrors also. 

11 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Lovely car Wayne,  Realy pleased you bagged this one and that it is the colour combo you have always desired :thumbsup:  Are you going to live with the sunroof or look at getting rid of it as some folks do not mind them while others cant stand them lol.  

Great car and look forward to seeing it finished, its in good hands now.  You now need burgular protected window stickers for that bond look and compomotives would go down a treat on this car.............  

Sun roof has to go.. hideous...

On 18/07/2017 at 17:05, Andyww said:

The wheels look great, they are not too polished and have a kind of anodised look. Were they lacquered?

Where did you get them done? Very tempted to do mine.

Powder coated gold centres then diamond cut and lacquer. Painted the bolts my self.

had them done in a place called Paint It , based in Essex Andy. 

• Like 1