Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry Sump Register - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry Sump Register

LOTUSMAN33

0973 build date 05/81, can we split the dry sump models from the Essex models on a separate spreadsheet as some of the dry sumps are mixed in with Essex models

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Great list! i think keep the essex cars inside the list, then we all know when the normal cars started, and also when they started with the BBS wheels,

you really can see when, because after the first car with BBS a car with CX 500 wheels are not seen anymore,

hopefully we will find still more early dry sumps, for this reg. GREAT !! keep up the good work,

• Like 1

and does somebody knows more about this black Dry sump Esprit, its on compomotive's on this poster from JPS

and the fun is, you could really win this car back in 1980 / 1981!

(i was not even born!!! i am from 1987...)

2nqsd1i.jpg

if5v2s.jpg

• Like 1

Superb Bauke!

My guess is 0960 being Mansells car?

I doubt you actually won his car just an Esprit Turbo but that is only my guess?

I had a Metro Turbo as my second car, it had a LED boost gauge which I thought was awesome at the time!

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

There was a Policeman at the village fete I went to couple of years ago in Norfolk who won a black Turbo Esprit in a draw - at the age of 19. He sold it back to the factory after 6 months as the insurance ran out and he couldn't afford to renew it. This free draw maybe?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

There was a Policeman at the village fete I went to couple of years ago in Norfolk who won a black Turbo Esprit in a draw - at the age of 19. He sold it back to the factory after 6 months as the insurance ran out and he couldn't afford to renew it. This free draw maybe?

Remember that one at Frettenham, also the fuzz had their Europa VR simulator there. You actually sat in the passenger seat, wore the head gear and tried to drive under the influence of to much alcohol.

chipp

I think this is great!

Would it be possible to separate out the build date from the first reg date? I know my car was sat around for a few months before being registered. It may make more sense as some cars with earlier chassis ID appear to have been built later then others (if you get what I mean?).

:) 

It's getting there......

IMG_0224.JPGIMG_0226.JPGIMG_0225.JPG

Another to locate, it is a October 82 Dry Sump showing as SORN so still around, must be one of the last and a nice looking example.

Does anyone know the owner? Last listed as David Loome on the LEW site.

Another one to find;IMG_0230.JPGIMG_0231.JPG

August 1981 car with red interior then black? Shows as SORN but only recent so still around. Anyone know the owner?

Thanks for the update Simon ??

Member on here for sure Dave. Last I read it was going into get restored and the owner was switcherimg between keeping it blue or changing it to white......I believe it was originally white. Will have a look to see if I can find some info.....

• Like 1

Here's the ad for the auction from when the current owner (I think) bought it. Also remembered that his family made a cake for his birthday that was a blue Turbo Esprit.......maybe that will help someone else remember.

http://www.handh.co.uk/buy/1981-lotus-turbo-esprit/9218

Bingo......here is a link to some photos. The owner is wolfyn

15 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Another one to find;IMG_0230.JPGIMG_0231.JPG

August 1981 car with red interior then black? Shows as SORN but only recent so still around. Anyone know the owner?

Thanks for the update Simon ??

Isn't this the same one as the picture on page 2 of this thread?

I met the guy who owned it at Castle Coombe (probably the same day that pic was taken) and then a year or two later when he said he'd written it off. He turned up at the Ace Cafe and said that he'd bought a modern Esprit which I think was an S4 or S4S or something.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

I met the guy who owned it at Castle Coombe (probably the same day that pic was taken) and then a year or two later when he said he'd written it off. He turned up at the Ace Cafe and said that he'd bought a modern Esprit which I think was an S4 or S4S or something.

Oh that's a real shame to hear that about the owner writing his car off......his name is Lyndon - I'm hoping he found a suitable replacement 

4 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

I don't think its the same car, as PPK looks like it has a Roof Stereo and a black carpet.

Just now, stephenwhyte said:

Looks the same car to me, when you look at every other detail. Could just be the light difference in each photo Richard

The written off one has its heater controls in the non-roof stereo position whereas PPK has them in the higher position with the ABS clock/storage box underneath.

• Like 2

Sorry I now realise you are comparing to the one on page 2 of this topic......apologies. I thought you were comparing the 2 photos above. Yes I agree they look like different cars.......side stripes, wing mirror colour, door handles are different and the wrecked one has a sunroof too. 

So does that mean PPK is still a runner? Great reg - must put £10k on the valueB-)

Love all of this researching though - right up my Esprit street:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stephenwhyte said:

Sorry I now realise you are comparing to the one on page 2 of this topic......apologies. I thought you were comparing the 2 photos above. Yes I agree they look like different cars.......side stripes, wing mirror colour, sunroof are all different too. 

Love all of this researching though - right up my Esprit street:thumbsup:

I notice positions of Esprit heating controls......I've spent a sad amount of time studying these :-)

2 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

A few more updates ( Sweatow, SimonE and the blue one on Pistonheads in Finland)

IMG_0217.PNG

Not sure if this background shows better or not?

Looking at your list...

1094 Monaco White interior red half leather originally no roof stereo one piece Mahle BBS 5 studs polished rims painted gold centres.

Also look for 1092 I think it was silver red interior. Reputedly Chapmans car with power steering factory development. My car and this car had serial numbers and VRMs 2 digits apart. Suspect my car could be ex factory due to having several strange brackets in strange places that have mounting points that now do nothing...

3 minutes ago, robbyt8874 said:

Looking at your list...

1094 Monaco White interior red half leather originally no roof stereo one piece Mahle BBS 5 studs polished rims painted gold centres.

I was wondering if that was the car I used to own but now ruled out owing to being full red leather. It was white with Essex stripes and was exported according to DVLA record. Was on BBS and no roof stereo.

26 minutes ago, robbyt8874 said:

Also look for 1092 I think it was silver red interior. Reputedly Chapmans car with power steering factory development. My car and this car had serial numbers and VRMs 2 digits apart.

This one.....seemingly now owned by stradman

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/mikeford.html

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG