Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Info for a simpleton - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Info for a simpleton

Stuart Monument

I'm pretty much decided I want to buy one. Budget will dictate a early car / launch car . 

Do they call come with Nav ? Not that I need it but seem essential for resale these days.

What packs and spec does it have to have ? 

I would want a manual as everyday smoker is an auto.

thanks in advance 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Launch cars all came with nav as they were fully loaded. Otherwise your looking for the tech pack on later cars, although beware some cars without tech pack have been retrofitted with nav. Any car that has the cruise controls on the steering wheel has tech pack.

if you get an N/A make sure it has sports pack, identifiable by the sports button on the dash. S cars have sport as standard

premium pack is nice , full leather and accent lighting but not essential 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Cruise is a £250 retrofit by the dealer, so not a good indicator re Tech Pack, I believe the "garage door opener" thingy is the key give away there.

Agree totally that Sports pack is very desirable (cross drilled brakes) and ideally a close ratio  gearbox, I think, but may be wrong, that the LE's came with the long box, but to be honest most of the stuff can be retro fitted pretty easily.

Buy on condition and service history first and foremost. As an indicator, April 2015 I bought a 2010 NA - only pack it had was sports pack and it came with the Lotus Sports Titanium exhuast. No tech pack or premium pack, but then it still had central locking, leather by the bucket load, reversing sensors, oh, and a single din stereo.

Now, it has cruise control, a sport premium Alcantara and venom red interior, a double din top of the range Alpine ICE that works great, rear parking camera etc etc.

The nice thing is they are easy to mod and upgrade, so you can make the car whatever you want it to be. Just buy on condition and service history before anything else and feel free to ask away on here about any car you are considering, chances are someone will know of it and more importantly, it's history, good, or bad.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks gents, sports pack it is. Didn't want to read any brochures on a new car as I know the specs can change over the years. It will be a n/a to keep to budget. 

Started introduce the mrs to another lotus purchase :sofa:

• Like 1

NA cheap to run and on the road not a lot in it at all to the S. 400 a different story though, as dat is one quik car innit! :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Head to the market place thread for some good insight.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

As my missus once said too me - "you might not like it"

:lol:

How do they even think of such silly things to say ! I knew I would like sex befor it happened and I know I will like the Evora. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Drove an Le for the first time a few months back and found it brilliant, it could handle, accelerate and stop well within expectation's. Just loved it and maybe one day I will have one. Now what was last nights lottery numbers.

• Gold FFM

My major criticism of the LE when I drove it was the quality of the gearshift, it was awful. However, I believe most have been upgraded to later spec cables, I also drove a 2011 car and it was vastly improved.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I think the gearshift should be viewed by car, not by age/spec. from what I have experienced and read on here and heard from owners. You could get two cars off the production line, one after the other, and the gearshifts could be different.

The small print.

Most sensible thing Andy has ever said :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

A lot of the gearshift problems are down to adjustment but the factory got better over time. Of course the MY12 gear change was updated but it's a fair cost to retrofit, saying that a few pre MY12 cars have had the retrofit. 

As been mentioned the gearbox on N/A cars, most launch editions and early cars had the long box but it's all down to taste and there are various threads on TLF about this but basically long box is more at home motorway and cruising and the CR box is more sporty although it's a personal thing so worth testing both if you can. Clutches are another thing to consider as they are the best part of £3k, some early cars had issues due to incorrect fitting at the factory although most of those were fixed under warranty but seem to be good for at least 50-60k otherwise.

Beware early Alpine head units can have issues mostly with the removable Blackbird 'sat nav' units, but again threads on here can point you in the right direction.

IMHO I would recommend contacting a good main dealer like Silverstone or B&C as they will know what to look for and make sure all recalls have been done that general non Lotus dealers  won't, although they don't hang around long at main dealers generally. Does +2 make any odds to you? Without offending @C8RKH ?It seems +0 generally hang around a little longer as buyers may want to carry children etc or buyers think it will be useful come resale time but in reality buy the car that works for you and only discount +0 if you do actually want to carry passengers in the back.

Get out and test drive some cars ?

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

13 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Most sensible thing Andy has ever said :lol:

You forgot about the quote about +2's being for babies....  lol....

Don't worry about offending me @internets, I'm thick skinned and I know I am right when I say the +0 is the better car!

Seriously though, putting the banter to one side, the +0 does limit the market so they do hang around a little longer, but I still believe that with the Evora it all comes down to provenance, history and condition for THE car you are looking at buying. They really are all different and I don't think I have seen two the same, ever!

Whichever you buy, I know you will not regret it. Whether you join the old selfish buggers like me (+0) or the soft as a marshmallow metro sexuals with their +2's!  :sofa:

• Like 1

The small print.

Should come as standard with these as badges by the side repeaters on the wing!

marshmallow.jpg

• Like 1

The small print.