Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Beaulieu Supercar Weekend 5th/6th August 2017 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Beaulieu Supercar Weekend 5th/6th August 2017

swindon_alan

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/beaulieu-supercar-weekend/

It's a good day or two out, including a visit to the NMM if you haven't been before or not for a while. The Top Gear Stunt Team were a joy to watch last year, plus soooooooooooooo many supercars with demo runs up and down the spine road as well.

Club Lotus Wessex usually participate, on the Sunday last year we had 5 Esprits, 7 Elises, 1 Plus 2 Elan, 1 Europa and 6 M100s on display.

http://www.clublotus.co.uk/clubregions.aspx

https://www.facebook.com/Wessex-Region-Club-Lotus-512042125488358/

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Would be a great occasion to visit Beaulieu! And I was looking for an excuse to visit New Forest again as well, so could make it a short holiday.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

You are ace Filip! If it was the other way around and Belgium had made an authentic supercar for 28 years, would British drivers keep making the effort to go over Le Manche to your Dutch colony? Hmm. Well probably maybe... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Are you planning a Lotus display in the show that we can join?

I'm not a Club Lotus member but I'm only down the road in Chichester so I'd be willing to bring the Esprit down!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Hello Neil, @eeyoreish

As I mentioned above, last year I went with Club Lotus Wessex Section and they organised it as a group which was good as we parked up together in the event (on the Sunday). If you don't want to join then you could approach Beaulieu as an individual?

58a1ba2b4c07b_beaulieusupercar.JPG.6f26b555b3114e4215472cd6befaa710.JPG

Could we not organise a TLF stand?

I'd happily take the 400 along.

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Damn, just realized I promised to help on the public days of a local animal shelter that same weekend... :(

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Could we not organise a TLF stand?

I'd happily take the 400 along.

Brilliant idea Lee. The Club Lotus guys tend to own older Lotii. 400s and recent high performance models really are current day supercars and were under represented (or absent!) last year. Would you like to organise a TLF attendance? <_< - it won't be a stand as such as they are grouped together in fields, but that would be ace.

OK @swindon_alan I've emailed them :thumbsup:

Will report back, but yes, assuming it's possible I will arrange the TLF area.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

54 minutes ago, Escape said:

Damn, just realized I promised to help on the public days of a local animal shelter that same weekend... :(

:(

Ah Filip...can you get someone to cover for you? Alternatively you could bring the dogs and cats along in a trailer I guess...

11 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

OK @swindon_alan I've emailed them :thumbsup:

Will report back, but yes, assuming it's possible I will arrange the TLF area.

Superb. Just to note that if you are "exhibiting" then it is free to attend, you get access to a drivers' area with cafe and complimentary beverages, cakes and so on, plus no charge for visiting the NMM. Of course this works for Beaulieu as they can charge lots of punters for enjoying your car!

If it's a goer then we could get numbers in this thread :animier:

11 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

:(

Ah Filip...can you get someone to cover for you? Alternatively you could bring the dogs and cats along in a trailer I guess...

I really wish I could, but I've been tasked with coordinating logistics (floor, tents, chairs, tables and so on), so if I back out they would be in a heap of problems. The few people that would be able to cover for me are already engaged in other areas and finding volunteers is bad enough as it is. :-(

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Superb. Just to note that if you are "exhibiting" then it is free to attend, you get access to a drivers' area with cafe and complimentary beverages, cakes and so on, plus no charge for visiting the NMM.

If it's a goer then we could get numbers in this thread :animier:

Count me and Danny in ?

• Like 1

Only here once